Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Women Preachers?
Yes 128 62.75%
No 55 26.96%
Don't Care 21 10.29%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Caston Smith
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Alot of people are not for women preachers. All I got to say is that if needs to be said and an man aint saying it then women should speak up. Caston, are you accually asking about them preaching or Pastoring? This can be a BIG difference. I have no problem with either. But there is an authority structure. If the women is a LONE pastor meaning un married then there should be a Bishop covering, IMO. Though this covering works better if the Bishop is married, IMO, that way the Bishops wife can be the mediator. Just a thought
Well, I suppose I meant both ... preaching and pastoring.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:16 PM
pelathais's Avatar
pelathais pelathais is offline
Accepts all friends requests


 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caston Smith View Post
Greetings fellow Apostolics!

As many of you know there has been some controversy over the years in our ranks about women preachers. Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is about this subject.

Also if you are against women preachers please provide scriptures and give us your explanation of why you feel this way.
What about providing scripture FOR women preachers?

I guess some folks are happy to compromise and have a man dressed up in a pink shirt with a purple necklace (I mean necktie!) tied up "Windsor fashion" like the gay and promiscuous Dukes of York... with their faces shaved clean like a woman's...!!!

So what's the difference? You might as well get a real woman up there to preach real holiness to ya'll.

...bunch of compromisin' backsliders... probably watched TV at General Conference too!

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Elizabeth's Avatar
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
Incredible India


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 6,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
that was just down right country !
you know you're a redneck when.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Who was commanded to do that exactly???????????????????
(hint)

Were any of the eleven women?
Well that settles it ... the great commission was only for the eleven ....

Consistency thou art amiss at AFF!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Caston Smith
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I don't know of any. the only one i knew of was Marilyn Gasowsky and she was in San Franciso which is a foreign country so she was really a "missionary"
Pastor

Click Here, this is a website of a church in the AL district who has a woman pastor ordained.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Caston Smith
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
What about providing scripture FOR women preachers?

I guess some folks are happy to compromise and have a man dressed up in a pink shirt with a purple necklace (I mean necktie!) tied up "Windsor fashion" like the gay and promiscuous Dukes of York... with their faces shaved clean like a woman's...!!!

So what's the difference? You might as well get a real woman up there to preach real holiness to ya'll.

...bunch of compromisin' backsliders... probably watched TV at General Conference too!


There you go personally attacking me. You have no clue what you're talking about, nor do you know where I stand concerning women preachers. I asked a simple question ... you have a bad spirit.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caston Smith View Post
There you go personally attacking me. You have no clue what you're talking about, nor do you know where I stand concerning women preachers. I asked a simple question ... you have a bad spirit.
There is no attack on you in his post,Casey .... if you plan on hangin' ....you need to differentiate between a personal attack and someone going after a position or post.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,903
The UPC has many women pastors. I can remember in several debates with Hicks the Campbellites would say the UPC has 400 women preachers listed.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Caston Smith
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
There is no attack on you in his post,Casey .... if you plan on hangin' ....you need to differentiate between a personal attack and someone going after a position or post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
So what's the difference? You might as well get a real woman up there to preach real holiness to ya'll.

...bunch of compromisin' backsliders... probably watched TV at General Conference too!
So assuming that I'm against women preachers by saying "Why not providing scripture for women preachers?", saying I'm apart of a "bunch of compromisin' backsliders" and accusing me of watching TV while at GC is not not personally attacking me?

I asked a simple question about how everyone feels about this subject ... I did not say in my post how I felt about the subject personally.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Caston Smith
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The UPC has many women pastors. I can remember in several debates with Hicks the Campbellites would say the UPC has 400 women preachers listed.
Yes, I know of several women preachers licensed in that organization.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Women, do this for yourselves. Men, do this for the women in your life... Tina Fellowship Hall 16 07-26-2007 02:20 PM
Women Preachers DEAK Fellowship Hall 69 07-17-2007 02:15 PM
What men REALLY know about Women Praxeas Fellowship Hall 56 06-22-2007 06:11 AM
What women want:::::::::: berkeley Fellowship Hall 146 06-15-2007 11:51 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Costeon

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.