Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-25-2024, 09:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Was Adam and Eve the only first created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaias
The problem people have is they hold to the catholic dogma of "inherited sin" where sin is a substance of some kind passed on genetically or whatever. So any humans NOT descended from Adam would be seen by them as outside the scope of the redemptive and restorative work of Christ. Why? Who knows, none of them have been able to explain why they think that.

Sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category.
well, of course i strongly disagree with your statement, and no, i don't hold to any catholic dogma. just curious where you find this in the scriptures.
So you believe in the teaching of inherited sin? It is a dogma (doctrine) of the catholic church. The doctrine of inherited sin is not found in the Scripture, that is the problem.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-25-2024, 09:50 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I may be rumbling here. I thought the whole idea of "other humans were created beside Adam" is like an attempt to answer how Seth or Cain got wives. Or at least that's what I have dealt with when people ask "how can you explain this?" to introduce that idea of other human creations beside Adam.
Oh, okay, I understand. The issue of these other people in regard to Cain and Seth is just a follow-on to the 2 creation accounts which is the basis for the idea that there were people before Adam and Eve.

The questions "Of whom was Cain afraid would find him and kill him?" and "Who did he marry?" and "For whom did he build an entire city?" are not adequately addressed by "Adam and Eve had more kids later on".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-25-2024, 09:53 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So the author is coming from the "YWHW vs Elohim" point of view, which I think is a weak position. Trying to understand the Bible without beginning with the idea that it is in fact Divinely inspired usually leads to some weird places.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So you believe in the teaching of inherited sin? It is a dogma (doctrine) of the catholic church. The doctrine of inherited sin is not found in the Scripture, that is the problem.
you didn't answer the question. same question.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
you didn't answer the question. same question.
Do you believe in inherited sin?
Old 01-25-2024, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

do you believe as esaias that "sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category"?
Old 01-25-2024, 10:28 PM
Covenant Apostolic

When I inherited flesh, I inherited sin

Romans 7:15-25
English Standard Version
15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
do you believe as esaias that "sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category"?
No one is born a sinner or with the proclivity to sin. Also we do not inherit the sins of parents. The Bible is clear that children do not inherit sin. The soul (individual) that sinneth shall die. Therefore sun is not imputed to us because what our parents or great great parents have done. Bible is pretty logical.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

at what point in your own life, then, did you become a sinner?
Old 01-26-2024, 12:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
1 John 3:4 KJV
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sin is defined as "transgression of the law." Therefore it is a legal and judicial category ("crime"), not a biological or metaphysical category ("disease" or "hex").