Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned

Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Hard to explain? No, its pretty easy to explain. Like this:

"We believe in keeping up appearances cause the old folks will leave us if we don't, and they have all the money. But we need to get young folks on board, so we're slowly loosening the belt. In a couple generations it'll all hang out, then we can all hang out at the local AoG and be just like everybody else, cause there's money to be made."
lol
Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I just don't like to see people held in cages made by men.
Sounds just like the feminazi movement.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

"We believe in keeping up appearances cause the old folks will leave us if we don't, and they have all the money. But we need to get young folks on board, so we're slowly loosening the belt. In a couple generations it'll all hang out, then we can all hang out at the local AoG and be just like everybody else, cause there's money to be made."
Now you're talking!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sounds just like the feminazi movement.
Yeah, I'm all about the feminazis. That's why I don't march with the pro-choice movement, cringe when I see a butch cut on women, and am seen as extremely conservative and unenlightened by my liberal, feminist friends. It's a great place to be-rejected by all. Ha

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Yeah, I'm all about the feminazis. That's why I don't march with the pro-choice movement, cringe when I see a butch cut on women, and am seen as extremely conservative and unenlightened by my liberal, feminist friends. It's a great place to be-rejected by all. Ha
I'm not saying you are one. But you may have picked up some feminist ideology along the way somewhere...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
I once had a pastor tell me that the cost of truly following Jesus would earn you enemies on both the left and the right. I believe he was correct.

Last edited by Aquila; 08-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Every church I personally know, have attended and attend now say that the standards are not salvational, including the hair. However, you are viewed as backslid if you do not adhere to the standards. That is hard to explain to people.
Don't do it to be saved, but because you're saved?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I assume you are insinuating that I have a bad attitude simply because I speak out on this issue. I'll overlook that.

If you believe the Bible says uncut hair-fine. If you or your family practice that-fine. I just hope you or your family don't believe it's salvational or that you get special protection or the scary stories that when women cut their hair bad things happen or that women who don't cut their hair can control their environment without sin, like the booklet I quoted says. It's just not true.
ILG - you do have a bad attitude about this and about other things within the UPC.
At least that is my opinion.
And you can take it or leave it.
And I do believe it is salvational.
I do not believe in the HMH doctrine, if that is what you are trying to say with the other parts of the post.
Within the UPC, there are wide ranges of beliefs on different standards/doctrines.
And, just as you could find a church that preaches HMH, you could find a church that does not preach against women cutting their hair.
My issue with you is that you are not content to accept the fact that I believe it is biblical and salvational.

I have one quick question for you.
Do believe that people adhering to the UPC standards/doctrines and living a holy life are saved?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Wow, that’s bitter
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

There's more bitterness on this thread than anywhere else I've seen so far. Let me just make a couple of points here for the sake of anyone jumping in mid-thread.

ILG obviously holds to no apostolic doctrine but yet hangs out here. Why? Stoking her bitterness.

Esaias' bitterness is on full display above, then add to his constant private interpretation of scripture and he's either a bitter back pew type, attends one of the Pentecostal churches where Acts 2:38 is maybe preferred but not taught as essential or perhaps doesn't go at all anymore.

Aquila isn't as bitter but still holds to private interpretation. Whatever church he attends he's either an outlier or it's a church most mainstream apostolic wouldn't recognize as apostolic .