Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Go Dodgers!

For what it's worth Dan. I think some here read some of your other posts and assume every thing you post is going to be negative about the UPC in general and are already on the defensive to begin with
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
For what it's worth Dan. I think some here read some of your other posts and assume every thing you post is going to be negative about the UPC in general and are already on the defensive to begin with
I accept your assessment ... everything seems absolute and perhaps hyperbole. Will examine.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I believe in Acts 2:38 and love it. But I have certainly noticed for many years that many seem to think its the only thing that is essential. Look at the doctrinal discussions on Oneness forums. No matter what the topic it USUALLY ends up saying as long as we believe in Acts 2:38 we are all Apostolic.

There is nothing at all wrong with doctrine. True doctrine that is. It will lead you the right way even to Jesus Christ himself.

But for doctrine (word of God) to do its work it must be OBEYED. Doctrine that is KNOWN and not obeyed will make us educated sinners. We need the WHOLE COUNSEL of God. We then need to teach the WHOLE COUNSEL of God to all who will listen.

Acts 2:38 will get us into Christ but it takes the WHOLE COUNSEL of God to get us into the Heavenly Kingdom.

The reason for the hackles getting raised here is it SEEMS that there is a certain hostility to the message that saved us and the only message that will save. So when it is minimized or reduced to a standard like seams in stockings we are offended and will come out of our corners swinging everytime. You can count on it. Some of us has NO-ZERO-NONE-ZILCH-NADA
elasticity when it comes to the Acts 2:38 message. And we do NOT apologize for it. Our zeal might get out of hand but the message is perfect and pure.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I believe in Acts 2:38 and love it. But I have certainly noticed for many years that many seem to think its the only thing that is essential. Look at the doctrinal discussions on Oneness forums. No matter what the topic it USUALLY ends up saying as long as we believe in Acts 2:38 we are all Apostolic.

There is nothing at all wrong with doctrine. True doctrine that is. It will lead you the right way even to Jesus Christ himself.

But for doctrine (word of God) to do its work it must be OBEYED. Doctrine that is KNOWN and not obeyed will make us educated sinners. We need the WHOLE COUNSEL of God. We then need to teach the WHOLE COUNSEL of God to all who will listen.

Acts 2:38 will get us into Christ but it takes the WHOLE COUNSEL of God to get us into the Heavenly Kingdom.
This is a great post!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The reason for the hackles getting raised here is it SEEMS that there is a certain hostility to the message that saved us and the only message that will save. So when it is minimized or reduced to a standard like seams in stockings we are offended and will come out of our corners swinging everytime. You can count on it. Some of us has NO-ZERO-NONE-ZILCH-NADA
elasticity when it comes to the Acts 2:38 message. And we do NOT apologize for it. Our zeal might get out of hand but the message is perfect and pure.
I have no problem with this...we will NEVER compromise the ACTS 2:38 message. But there's more to being a Christian afterthis message has been obeyed.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyM View Post
Quote:
I have no problem with this...we will NEVER compromise the ACTS 2:38 message. But there's more to being a Christian afterthis message has been obeyed.
Did anyone say Acts 2:38 is all there is to being a Christian??????????? Not me I certainly have never said that. This is only the birth or beginning NOT the ending.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Did anyone say Acts 2:38 is all there is to being a Christian??????????? Not me I certainly have never said that. This is only the birth or beginning NOT the ending.
It's a bummer when folks misunderstand you, isn't it Elder?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:

Right you are...but there are those among us who do this very thing. And on top of that they preach so much doom and gloom that there's no joy in this walk with Jesus.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
It's a bummer when folks misunderstand you, isn't it Elder?
I did not misunderstand Bro. E
Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyM View Post
Right you are...but there are those among us who do this very thing. And on top of that they preach so much doom and gloom that there's no joy in this walk with Jesus.
Then some of those same folks are insulted and question your HG if you question this attitude ... JMO.