Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Registered Member

Re: How Were OT Saints Forgiven???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
You know, the whole "sins rolled back" thing stems from what I was taught growing up. I never really questioned it, because we live under the new covenant now. The old covenant no longer applies. As I've looked into it since posting here, I can see where the theory originates (and still believe it holds some credence), but I can also see where you would come to a differing opinion. I'll have to look into it more when I have some free time.

*EDIT*
However, on the aforementioned "2 covenant theory", I would adamantly refute that. God doesn't have a different plan of salvation for the jews than for the gentiles. We are saved one way, through repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, as written in God's Word.
what verses support sins being rolled forward?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Here's a decent comparison I've found between the two views (explains both in general detail along with Scripture references). Found this via a search on Google for 'old testament sins pushed forward'.

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVa...008/12-05.html
Old 08-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Hebrews 10:4 makes it clear that the blood of bulls and goat did not take away sin..I believe that obedience to the law of Moses provided blood covering until the Lamb was slain. HIS blood cleanses us FROM all sin.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. JESUS CHRIST WAS THE SEED THAT SHOULD COME. The law was the schoolmaster that would bring us to Christ.