Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Prepper's Patch
Facebook

Notices

Prepper's Patch Prepping & Planning; Share your practical prepping and survival skills!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Thanksgiving Blessings

We passed our test...

Really it starts on Wednesday, I did a lot of preparing so I would have less to do on Thursday...

Got up Thursday and got the turkey stuffed and in the roaster, everything was running along smoothly...when my husband came from the attached garage, and up a couple of steps to the landing into our kitchen...he was passing by our breaker box, and he heard a crackle and smelled hot wires!!! He hurriedly opened the panel door and switched off all the breakers! Yikes dinner in not ready and we have not electricity? He quickly got a screwdriver and removed the cover from the panel, the main breaker had started to fry! He diverted a big disaster by switching it off.

OK, this is not a test, its an actual emergency!!! We headed upstairs to our storage area, started digging out our lanterns, propane oven with a two burner cook top and headed back downstairs to set things up. Thankfully we have an all gas home so we had our hot water, and could use our cook top, but no oven! Glad we had the one we bought three years ago! Hubby headed outside to start the generator, and get the roaster going again, plug in our refrigerator...even our Christmas lights were lit. Thankfully our weather was unseasonably warm so our heat was not needed, but we have plenty of firewood if needed, also fuel for our generator!

My sisters son and his family were suppose to come for the big dinner, which they did and we ate by lantern light and had the best time!

The best part of this is I am giving God the glory here, because He had prompted us to be prepared, He also put my husband right there at that second to stop a tragedy...instead of a feast we could have been standing in the street watching our home burn to the ground!!!! What a day to celebrate our thankfulness to a great and awesome God, who takes care of us! This was probably my most favorite Thanksgiving ever in my entire life, God is great!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:27 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Thanksgiving Blessings

Oh I am so thankful to hear of how the Lord just allowed this almost-disaster to turn out so special. It was wonderful to hear your story, and how the Lord protected you from your home burning, and also that you had the provisions to continue to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am praising the Lord with you!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: Thanksgiving Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Oh I am so thankful to hear of how the Lord just allowed this almost-disaster to turn out so special. It was wonderful to hear your story, and how the Lord protected you from your home burning, and also that you had the provisions to continue to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am praising the Lord with you!!!!
Thank you....as I go through my days sometimes not giving the Lord the praise He deserves, I get so preoccupied with life's daily chores and responsibilities He is ever vigilant and watching over us! He is such an awesome God, He cares about every detail of our lives!