Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-19-2024, 06:41 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Prophesied coming of the Lord

Well. I am not going to debate it only makes enemies and causes misunderstandings and often hard feelings...time will tell....I honestly believe He will come back and reign and rule...and my fiend you do know we believe in women in ministry...Just a simple question...if Jesus has come back are we in heaven?

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-19-2024, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
He is coming...when we do not know but certainly He is coming.
Your post reminded me of a church in Austin, TX (Austin First Church) where my in-laws attend. They had a tongues and interpretation one Sunday morning service, and my mother in law recorded it and sent it to me. Their services are live streamed and posted on Facebook like many organizations do now a days. The interpreter stated, “I am coming, I long to be with you, I love you” so on and so forth.

I just asked my in law, where has Jesus been? Why he isn’t with your church?

We just need to discern what truly is being taught and spoken as the word.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:55 AM
Sister Alvear

I have never heard of a pentecostal group not believing that Jesus is coming back....

Old 01-19-2024, 10:56 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Well. I am not going to debate it only makes enemies and causes misunderstandings and often hard feelings...time will tell....I honestly believe He will come back and reign and rule...and my fiend you do know we believe in women in ministry...Just a simple question...if Jesus has come back are we in heaven?

I know what you believe and I thought you know what I believe. The reason why I framed my question as I did. I thought you would have known my eschatology.
The whole thing about Jesus isn’t here yet, is Trinitarian. You are waiting for a physical 30 year old to come on a cloud. In your eschatology He must come physically on a physical cloud. He also must kill all the sinners and enemies of the church and modern Israel. He will then set up a physical Kingdom where the church will be ruled by physical Israelis, who will have a reinstated temple law system. Complete with a physical Aaronic Zadokite priesthood offering animal sacrifice. This teaching wasn’t being taught prior to the 1800s. It’s from the Millerites, SDAs, and LDS, and managed its way into Pentecostalism through those groups with Larkin charts and Schofield Bibles.

This teaching has placed this country into the corner it is in around the world. We defend a modern Israel that has zero to do with the Bible.

People have had their lives destroyed by a doctrine. Which taught they might not be able to get married, have children, have a future here and now. Dooms day cults causing anxiety.

A carrot on a stick teaching that never comes to fruition.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:59 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I have never heard of a pentecostal group not believing that Jesus is coming back....
I never heard of a Pentecostal group who agreed on everything. My lands it’s virtually 31 flavors across the board. Pentecostals disagree from one church to the next. Disfellowship on everything from tithing, to NO WOMAN PREACHERS!

But you already know this.

Good God in Zion!
Old 01-19-2024, 11:01 AM
Sister Alvear

I remember some things you believe but am asking is this the way things will always be?

Old 01-19-2024, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I know what you believe and I thought you know what I believe. The reason why I framed my question as I did. I thought you would have known my eschatology.
The whole thing about Jesus isn’t here yet, is Trinitarian. You are waiting for a physical 30 year old to come on a cloud. In your eschatology He must come physically on a physical cloud. He also must kill all the sinners and enemies of the church and modern Israel. He will then set up a physical Kingdom where the church will be ruled by physical Israelis, who will have a reinstated temple law system. Complete with a physical Aaronic Zadokite priesthood offering animal sacrifice. This teaching wasn’t being taught prior to the 1800s. It’s from the Millerites, SDAs, and LDS, and managed its way into Pentecostalism through those groups with Larkin charts and Schofield Bibles.

This teaching has placed this country into the corner it is in around the world. We defend a modern Israel that has zero to do with the Bible.

People have had their lives destroyed by a doctrine. Which taught they might not be able to get married, have children, have a future here and now. Dooms day cults causing anxiety.

A carrot on a stick teaching that never comes to fruition.
So you believe the earth will stay like this forever, with the wicked running it over and the saints dead forever?
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com
Old 01-20-2024, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
So you believe the earth will stay like this forever, with the wicked running it over and the saints dead forever?
Oh yea of little faith as Jesus would say. The earth will stay this way as long as the Christians stay divided over these non essential doctrines. The Lord does rule the world and has from the first century. If the wicked are running over the world it is because the saints that are alive are not being the saints to the world that will change the world but are rather too concerned with there own little group and beliefs that you and other groups have forgotten that Jesus said the world will know you because of your love one for another.

The church has forgotten what it means to love our neighbor as ourself, as for the saints that have gone before? They are not dead but have already gone to be with the Lord and you will too if you learn to love not in word but in deed.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:8
[8] We are confident, I say , and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
When Christ was on earth he didn’t set out to change Rome, or to change how the wicked ruled. He told the audience “give unto Caesar the things that belong to Caesar. When you stop and think about that, that’s really deep. He didn’t even call the devil a liar when he (devil) said he was in control of the kingdoms.

He came to set at liberty to those that would call on his name. He gave authority to individuals to make a change in the hearts of men.

In my opinion I preach instead of looking for the skies to split how about you seek after the fruits of the spirit so the gifts of the spirit can be in operation. I teach certain signs should be following the church (believers), speaking in new tongues, casting out devils, praying the prayer of healing…