Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in having one?
Yes 20 83.33%
No 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
bible, bible study, doctrine

Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolic Study Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
Acerrak,

Have you ever spoken in tongues, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THE UTTERANCE?

Falla39
I had the privelage of growing up outside the apostolic church.
I was a very self centered man, who was addicted to many things. My marriage was being torn apart, i even had a past suicide attempt.

My brother went to a doctor for his back, had a disc out. Doctor looked at Him basically said he doesnt know how he is walking or moving. Not because of his back, but because of his heart.

His heart was in such a condition that The doctor compared him to being on life support. So surgery was set. The doctor told him the chance of you surviving this isnt good.

stuff like this wrecks your world, a bad back goes into heart problems. So us being sinners, got ahold of religious folk. To pray for him and everything.

He said im gonna go to church sunday, and he was sorta scared and i told him i would go with him.

We went to a trinitarian charasmatic church of God. The message was about the Lost sheep. How God seeks out the Lost sheep, picks them up and puts them on His shoulder and brings them Home.

we both fell under conviction and we both went to the alter and prayed.
That little trip to the alter Killed addictions that have had a hold of my life for almost 7+ years. I didnt speak in tounges. I didnt run around the isles. I shed some tears and prayed.

From that moment on. I started reading the bible, started praying, and got my family in church as well. Still no tounges. Later i would get envolved in ministry, and teach But no tounges.

I didnt speak in tounges untill i started praying for the gifts of the Spirit to start working in my life, Since then i have spoken in tounges interepreted tounges, Prophesied, layed hands on the sick. But none of it was my doing it was the Spirit.

I had the Spirit since i came to the alter. Problem with pentacostals is this initial evidence doctrine didnt pop up till the 1900's and while i agree the some people do speak with tounges, Not all do. and to say they all do is not biblical.

even paul stated does all speak with tounges. with a rhetoric No.
The problem is no one wants to see the fruit they all wait at the alter for the "sign" ok you spoke something dont know what it was but you got the Holy Ghost.

I have seen people filled with the Spirit and Not speak with tounges, watch them take off dancing shouting GLORY GLORY GLORY. But again the denomination like the upci will tell you, yes you may had a experience but we want it to be about this experience.

UPCI Quote.. UNless you have recieved the Holy Ghost and experienced Speaking in tounges as the Spirit has given utterance, then you are Not saved.

Now find that for me in the bible fella. <- proove the scripture.

Did you know that ephesians 2:8-9 the word Gift in it is charisma, the gift of God is eternal life. its the same word describing the gifts (charisma) of the Spirit.

Tounges are a gift of the Spirit, just like faith, prophesies, etc. Problem is we have isolated one Gift and stated it must be this one, and if it doesnt happen then your still a carnal minded man.

The people on the day of pentacost spoke in languages other people can understand. People could hear them in their native tounges. I however have no clue what people speak today.

Paul when describing the gifts of the Spirit, said we speak mysteries in the Spirit, we speak in the language of men and angels. Sister this was describing the Gift of the Spirit. The gift of tounges.

If it was like the day of pentacost when a person spoke in tounges, the spanish people sitiing in the church should hear them praise God in spanish, so its not the same Cloven fire tounges that they recieved. its the Gift of tounges. Since it is a gift of tounges we dont need to make a initial evidence doctrine out of it.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Sigh. If everyone simply agreed with me we wouldn't have these divisions!!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
Sigh. If everyone simply agreed with me we wouldn't have these divisions!!
doh.... Lets agree with Jesus. Many things we debate an fuss over is really tidbits
its when things are turned into a heaven and hell issue when they were not ment to be is were doctrines and people get devided.

some say you must do this to be saved, or do that, when in fact you cant do anything to save yourself. God has done it all for you, in saving people through His Son.

Its the interpretations of man that is dividing us. Babylon means confusion. Some preachers refer to christianity as being the babylon.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

Falla39
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39
Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

Falla39
So because he disagrees with you he's following man's way???? This is a pattern of yours. You disagree with someone, but rather than discuss the point of contention you post a scripture that is condemning to the person that you disagree with. Then when the person that you targeted responds to you, you say that you weren't posting against the person, you were making something like a generalization. Many don't agree with you. Maybe you are on the path that is right in your own eyes. The beautiful thing about that is, man always believes he is following God.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:12 AM

Houston,
I am not condemning anyone. Just posted a scripture. Who are you trying
to condemn!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
So because he disagrees with you he's following man's way???? This is a pattern of yours. You disagree with someone, but rather than discuss the point of contention you post a scripture that is condemning to the person that you disagree with. Then when the person that you targeted responds to you, you say that you weren't posting against the person, you were making something like a generalization. Many don't agree with you. Maybe you are on the path that is right in your own eyes. The beautiful thing about that is, man always believes he is following God.
nice you predicted the response. and was right
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Houston and Acerrak,

I don't feel (after praying about it) to discuss anything with either of you.
Houston,(and all the other names you have posted under) and Acerrak, I
don't believe either of you, with your present mindset, would be able to SEE
(comprehend) anything I would say. No need of me sayng anything further to
either of you.

Falla39
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
Houston and Acerrak,

I don't feel (after praying about it) to discuss anything with either of you.
Houston,(and all the other names you have posted under) and Acerrak, I
don't believe either of you, with your present mindset, would be able to SEE
(comprehend) anything I would say. No need of me sayng anything further to
either of you.

Falla39
its ok i dont have to proove myself to you. But your insulting both of us declaring that we are not in the right mindset. in essence you have just set yourself above us in doing so with your comment. its just like many of 3 steppers, every one who doesnt understand my way their just carnal minded sinners.

I know what my eyes have seen, and unlike you have experienced God outside the apostolic world, and if i Deny that i would be denying God Himself.
Its not me who has the blinders on its you.

Ive seen healing. Miracles, answered prayers, from people who have been baptized in matt 28:19 . who will never again get rebaptized. maybe you should get out and go to a trinity pentacostal church and watch the spirit fall, and then ask God why do you do this... why do you pour out your greatest Gift on trinitraians who dont preach Jesus name baptism or speaking in tounges as a salvation experience.

He is gonna tell you what He told me.. I go were people Love Me.

you act as if we are on the wide road which is not true.
The problem is many people when challanged to show their point run.

Its ok,

I have studied. I dont just take peoples words for it. For awhile i believed acts 2:38 (with evidence of tounges) however brother/sister you will not find the last part in any bible, pentacostals have added those 4 words to acts 2:38

its a add on that came about in the 1900. If you have been in pentacost all these years then you should know this. its in the history books

William seymour, (read his work) did not preach tounges . He preached Jesus. He was a 1 stepper and eventually went methodist. he stated that all the gifts was present in asuza street.

again im not against tounges its a gift of the Spirit of God,
Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

I'm content with just agreeing to disagree. As I have, myself, learned there is only one God who was, and is, and is to come. He sits on the throne, not me. Not you. Perhaps the reason why so many non-believers view believers in such a negative sense is because of all the back-and-forth amongst ourselves.

With that being said, actions speak louder than words. And, at the end of the day, God knows the heart, mind, and soul of every person He created. Sometimes we act upon what's in our heart; others we act upon what's on our mind. And He will be the one to make the determination on just how sincere we are in pursuing His truth, aside from man's differences among ourselves. One thing we cannot forget is that the adversary is lurking about all over the world. He can do everything God can do except save our soul. How scary is that? It's also important to remember to seek out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

Just trying to be neutral in this...

Last edited by Dagwood; 06-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.