Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelofisrael View Post
That William was not Billy Branham of Jeffersonville but another some years prior to WMB.

MORMON HEALING

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfa...hurch.html.csp
Yes there was another W.B. in the LDS but it seems this prophecy was about him, WMB saw it like that. In fact there were Branhams of the founders of LDS.

Didn't now they believe in healing.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Ah; talk about confusing the issue...anyway, I don't disagree with any of that, SOI, but I am curious how that refutes "I never knew you," (from God, who made {you}).
I fail to understand how that statement impacts Predestination of the elect unless you are citing "double predestination."

May I assist you in that particular subject.

Ro 9:11-16

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

And,

Ro 8:29-31

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Shalom
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
God's Son

Does Dr Vaughn recognize healing and miracles are two different things? Jesus may not have performed the miraculous because of unbelief, but it didn't stop him from healing those who came to him.

If doubt stopped Jesus from performing miracles, who was the person that believed Christ would raise Lazerus from the dead? Everyone raised questions of unbelief. Who was the person who said I believe Jesus is going to raise Lazerus from the dead?

There are other cases where Christ did miracles in the presence of doubt.

The Greek word for unbelief in the text in Mark is apistia. Apista has other definitions including distrust. If you read the various accounts, the hometown leaders went a step further than unbelief. They ridiculed Christ. It was their sarcasm that made Jesus decide not to perform miracles.

The Bible is full of miraculous events in the midst of doubt. For every confident David, there is a doubting Gideon.

I think the reason Jesus didn't heal many people in Nazareth was because a few people showed up with needs. While miracles didn't happen, it's safe to assume that Jesus healed all who came to him.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus50 View Post
Yes there was another W.B. in the LDS but it seems this prophecy was about him, WMB saw it like that. In fact there were Branhams of the founders of LDS.

Didn't now they believe in healing.
Whether or not WMB believed it was concerning him, it wasn't. It was clearly another William Branham of that era and of that sect. It had nothing to do with WMB. Actually it wasn't even the main body of LDS but a break off group.

Many sects and cults are receptive to healing, not just the Post WW2 "mostly" Pentecostal evangelists of that era.

Shalom.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I fail to understand how that statement impacts Predestination...
Ok, well I never tried to impact predestination, SOI, but counter your statement about there being no documentation for a way that Christ could not heal. Everyone else got it. But BAM, please take it as rhetorical.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 10-19-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

Pls see that I'm just nailing you here,
taking a different position that seems valid
to me at the moment; I doubt I disagree
with your premise, but my reply seemed
in context with your post, which seems to
deny free will.

God cannot do certain things, either;
I'm sure you would agree?
Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Whether or not WMB believed it was concerning him, it wasn't. It was clearly another William Branham of that era and of that sect. It had nothing to do with WMB. Actually it wasn't even the main body of LDS but a break off group.

Many sects and cults are receptive to healing, not just the Post WW2 "mostly" Pentecostal evangelists of that era.

Shalom.
It's enough that he believed it was a prophecy concerning him. Stating that he even had this book in his library! Joseph Smith had visitations of angels of light.