Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: PRAY for PO's Daughter and Grandson

So glad to hear that everything seems to be under control! Will continue praying!

I had a baby 4 weeks early, and she was perfectly fine. They didn't even keep her any extra days at the hospital, or put her on any machines.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the update & while I understand the frayed nerves & frantic feelings, God is in control!

Continuing in prayer in Vancouver!

Normally I don't pop around but God had a reason for me to drop in!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Mr. Stewart

PO, I'm praying for her and the baby.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

P.O. - Thanks for the update! And like Renda said ..... who cares about your kitchen floor! It will get done eventually!

I, too had a baby about 4 weeks early. My water broke - but I lost it all and they had to go ahead and induce for me to deliver rather than risk infection. Long story short - he is now a strapping 6'4" - 220 lb young man now!

God is in control and HE is holding that baby in the palm of His hand! I'm believing with you a healthy baby boy! In Jesus Name!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

PO, praying often and regularly here. I believe God must have plans for this little fella! Right now, there is no better place for him to be than in the hands of our loving God. Let Him hold him until it's time for his mommy and daddy to get their turn.

There used to be an old song we'd sing and I've been singing it all day today, thinking about this little man.... It says, "He didn't bring us this far, to leave us." When Walt's aneurysm ruptured, I believed that when God starts a work, He intends to finish it. I believe the same thing for your grandson.

We'll keep praying. You do what you have to do
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I had a baby 4 weeks early, and she was perfectly fine. They didn't even keep her any extra days at the hospital, or put her on any machines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post

I, too had a baby about 4 weeks early. My water broke - but I lost it all and they had to go ahead and induce for me to deliver rather than risk infection. Long story short - he is now a strapping 6'4" - 220 lb young man now!

God is in control and HE is holding that baby in the palm of His hand! I'm believing with you a healthy baby boy! In Jesus Name!
Thanks! I'm always glad to hear these type of reports. Had someone tell me that yesterday. It's just that it has taken so long for her to get pregnant, that I can't help but have some concern. I'm just hoping that she can deliver naturally without a c-section. Please pray for that!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Thanks for the update & while I understand the frayed nerves & frantic feelings, God is in control!

Continuing in prayer in Vancouver!

Normally I don't pop around but God had a reason for me to drop in!
Thank you, Ron! Glad you popped in and read this. I know that you have always prayed for my family and I appreciate that! You've always been a good friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
PO, I'm praying for her and the baby.
Thank you for logging in as well, tstew. I appreciate you taking the time to post that you are praying.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
PO, praying often and regularly here. I believe God must have plans for this little fella! Right now, there is no better place for him to be than in the hands of our loving God. Let Him hold him until it's time for his mommy and daddy to get their turn.

There used to be an old song we'd sing and I've been singing it all day today, thinking about this little man.... It says, "He didn't bring us this far, to leave us." When Walt's aneurysm ruptured, I believed that when God starts a work, He intends to finish it. I believe the same thing for your grandson.

We'll keep praying. You do what you have to do
Margie,
Amen! I love your post here. Thank you!!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thanks! I'm always glad to hear these type of reports. Had someone tell me that yesterday. It's just that it has taken so long for her to get pregnant, that I can't help but have some concern. I'm just hoping that she can deliver naturally without a c-section. Please pray for that!
One thing about having a baby early, for me...... it was the easiest delivery EVER. She was only 4 pounds, so it barely even caused any pain! I had no medication, and could not believe how easy it was!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
So glad you took a moment to let us know what's going on.

All is going to be well and that baby is fine! God's got it all in control. You get some rest so you can be there for them. Who cares about your kitchen floor--
LOL! I forgot about the floor until I came home last night! Lord, I wish I would have started this earlier or later. Oh well.

Okay, the update as of 2:00 a.m. is that her contractions are 11 minutes apart, lasting for 1 1/2 minutes. She said they are very painful and she doesn't know if she can endure when they become stronger and closer together. So, that is where we are right now. I'm making her some chicken stew and will take that by when my husband gets home this afternoon. The hospital food is just awful to look at or even think about eating.

I'm keeping my bags packed because I will be staying with her for a few days after the baby comes home.

Thanks for all the prayers. I just want to see him, hold him and know that he is all right, then I can relax.