Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

A Reoccurring "Prediction"

I didn't really know where to put this, but I finally decided to put it here in the Prayer Group because it certainly wouldn't hurt for you all to help me pray about this I'm fixing to do my best to explain.

For those of you that aren't too familiar with my earlier posts, my parents are divorced. They have been for some years now. They are both in church, but my Father's church is far stricter than my Mother's. My home church is with my Father, but I attend church with my Mother regularly, too.

(To eliminate any confusion, I'm going to use both church's initials.)

My home church, COTLJC and my Mother's church, NRC, use to have a healthy fellowship. Following the death of the church founder/mother at NRC, the youngest daughter and her husband became the pastors, and the standards fell. There's still love, but holiness has hit the skids. This caused my church, COTLJC, to cease fellowship because of these specific changes.

Naturally, my pastors were weary of my attending NRC because of the relaxing of their standards. There is no hard feelings between the two churches, but the differences in standards has led them each to travel in different circles. Since my Mother's been in church, I've actually gotten the two to mingle again some. NRC has came to my church's Christmas plays and other revivals, and each church has aided the other in fundraisers.

To make a long story short, a number of people (mostly elders) at NRC have had dreams and confirmations that Jesus has sent me to them "for a reason". The pastor there and his sister-in-law has both told me this to my face, and recently, another woman told my Mother that she saw change coming to NRC and that I would be bringing this change.

The people there (again, mostly the older people) have said they admire how I standard for such standards on separation and how I don't force them on anyone, but how I won't compromise them, either. I've had a couple of dreams (some time ago, however) that I was preaching to a blurred congregation at NRC. When I feel my future, I see it at NRC. I feel like, quite possibly, that's where Jesus may want me. I've already taught a Bible study there, and I've been suggested to lead an upcoming testimony service. My Bonus Mom feels I am called to be the successor pastor to the elder there now, and that my pastorship will bring holiness back.

I'm not saying any of this is true, nor do I want anyone to think I'm "tooting my own horn". That's not my intent.

What do you all think?

Could the Lord possibly have lead me to this church to one-day have a leadership role in it once the remainder of its founding elders are gone?

Possibly.

Or does he just want me to be a witness and pray that they get it back on track, and in the process, show them that not all stricter Christians are bitter and judgmental?

I'm quite aware that none of you "know" me, but I do value some of your opinions on this.

God bless.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: A Reoccurring "Prediction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
What do you all think?

Could the Lord possibly have lead me to this church to one-day have a leadership role in it once the remainder of its founding elders are gone?

Possibly.

Or does he just want me to be a witness and pray that they get it back on track, and in the process, show them that not all stricter Christians are bitter and judgmental?

I'm quite aware that none of you "know" me, but I do value some of your opinions on this.

God bless.
Bro, we honestly can't answer or give our opinions. You already know this. Listen, go to your elders and ask them the same questions and come back and post what they tell you.

OK?
Old 09-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Kids always dream that they’re preaching.

No one is confirming that you’re the next Pastor while there is currently a pastor.

Don’t listen to the old people. They always miss and long for the past.

Don’t get advice on a forum. That’s what facebook is for.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Administrator

I think this video is something worth watching, in this instance. Pay attention to the part where he tells of his wife having a dream that Brother Cole was going to be asked to become the pastor of a church. At about the 5:25 minute mark.

Last edited by votivesoul; 09-24-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:52 AM
Covenant Apostolic

One thing I do know is that you don't have to have all your questions answered right away.

Think of Joseph and his dream and the process it took for them to be fulfilled.

Think of David and his calling and again the road to fulfillment.

Be faithful in the journey and God will show you the path in time.

Be faithful and humble and wait on the Lord

Quote:
Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bro, we honestly can't answer or give our opinions. You already know this. Listen, go to your elders and ask them the same questions and come back and post what they tell you.

OK?
I would go with this.
Sounds like you need to keep doing what you are doing.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

First thing first, you MUST have leadership in your life that you are FULLY accountable to. Without that, God will not favor any of your endeavors. Secondly, don't try to open your own doors. If you are called, your calling will make way for itself. Don't take the prophesies seriously, listen to your elder. If the prophesies/dreams are on, then it will confirm itself in time as you submit yourself to your elders.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
What do you all think?

Possibly.

God bless.
I agree with EB on this -- talk to your elders and Pastor.

Below are a few posts from earlier this year. I have a question for you: what has changed between then and now?

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...3&postcount=13

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...6&postcount=14

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...5&postcount=17

Also, I'm wary when someone comes to me and says they've been told by God or feel led by God that I'm supposed to do or am going to do something. Especially if I haven't received the same from God.

I'm sure it's very flattering to hear people declare these wonderful things for you. I'm just wondering what has changed from 4 months ago?
Old 09-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Don’t get advice on a forum. That’s what facebook is for.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

This sounds like missionary dating. Saved boy meets unsaved girl (or vice versa). Boy really likes girl. Boy thinks he can change girl. Boy dates girl. Boy marries girl. Girl doesn't change. Boy changes.