Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I posted this photo before but it is some ugly guy I know who is showing off my Bushmaster AR while also sporting my Ruger P95 on my, errrr, his waist.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/_MG_1695.jpg
Nice!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Some guy got killed at a gun range today. Ex-Navy Seal or something.
He wasn't just "some guy". He was a former Navy SEAL sniper who has the most confirmed kills in American History (I think 155).

He survived being shot twice in Iraq and multiple IED explosions to make it home then be murdered by a Marine with PTSD he was trying to help.

This stupid Marine psycho killed him and his neighbor at that gun range in Texas.

The former Navy SEAL just published a book that is or has been #1 on the NYT Best Sellers list titled "American Sniper".

My son was very said to hear this news as he knew this guy in Iraq when they were both serving there. He leaves a wife and two children behind.

He left the Marines in 2009 because his marriage was falling apart and it was important to him to save it. Had started a consulting firm.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
He wasn't just "some guy". He was a former Navy SEAL sniper who has the most confirmed kills in American History (I think 155).

He survived being shot twice in Iraq and multiple IED explosions to make it home then be murdered by a Marine with PTSD he was trying to help.

This stupid Marine psycho killed him and his neighbor at that gun range in Texas.

The former Navy SEAL just published a book that is or has been #1 on the NYT Best Sellers list titled "American Sniper".

My son was very said to hear this news as he knew this guy in Iraq when they were both serving there. He leaves a wife and two children behind.

He left the Marines in 2009 because his marriage was falling apart and it was important to him to save it. Had started a consulting firm.
He was featured on an episode of Sons of Guns last season when he had Red Jacket build him a custom gun for his foundation.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

I have a 38 Smith and Wesson Airweight and I hate it. Worse pistol ever.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
Not familiar with this one. PLease post a pic or two
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Not familiar with this one. PLease post a pic or two
163050_01_lg.jpg
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm not familiar with it either. What don't you like about it?

I'm not a revolver guy myself.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I'm not familiar with it either. What don't you like about it?

I'm not a revolver guy myself.
If I had to shoot someone, they would have to be very close to me in order to hit them. I think maybe the short barrel is the reason. I have target practiced with it a lot and it's hard to hit the target unless it's close. I don't like that. My husband doesn't like it either and has a hard time hitting the target and he's a better shot than me.

I prefer revolvers because I am scared anything else may jam and I would be in trouble.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
If I had to shoot someone, they would have to be very close to me in order to hit them. I think maybe the short barrel is the reason. I have target practiced with it a lot and it's hard to hit the target unless it's close. I don't like that. My husband doesn't like it either and has a hard time hitting the target and he's a better shot than me.

I prefer revolvers because I am scared anything else may jam and I would be in trouble.
Im not sure what close is to you but you should be able to hit a target at least 21 feet to effectively protect yourself. An assailant with in 21 feet of you would be considered dangerous even if you have a gun. Last week Gun talk radio was talking about inaccurate pistols/revolvers and that a gun smith can actually bend and tweek barrels to true them up. This was news to me. You may want to check into that or trade that gun in for a new one. A gun you cant accurately shoot is of little use to you.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Im not sure what close is to you but you should be able to hit a target at least 21 feet to effectively protect yourself. An assailant with in 21 feet of you would be considered dangerous even if you have a gun. Last week Gun talk radio was talking about inaccurate pistols/revolvers and that a gun smith can actually bend and tweek barrels to true them up. This was news to me. You may want to check into that or trade that gun in for a new one. A gun you cant accurately shoot is of little use to you.
Thanks for that information. I know of a gunsmith that I will go by and see if he can help me.