Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: what is your opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
oh you had a bad experience!
I was looking for Jesus, on my way to the Apostolic Church. God was leading me through all that mess. I spent a few years in the charismatic movement before I came into truth, and I have no desire to ever go back there.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I was looking for Jesus, on my way to the Apostolic Church. God was leading me through all that mess. I spent a few years in the charismatic movement before I came into truth, and I have no desire to ever go back there.
Good that you found the truth. Many people that was on Charismatic movement and they left they left totally God.
And in your opinion is just "fleshy" emotional interactions what goes on there? or something more?
Old 05-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I won't be content with anything but the Old Paths.
I intend to follow what I was taught in those early years of my walk with God even if no one else does because it is tried and true.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Bunch of charismatic mess.

First video -- the waiving the hand and people falling out in waves. Gimme a break. The music is nice and meant to stir the emotions, but it's void of the true spirit.

I've been in hundreds of camp meetings, conferences, revival services and regular services combined. I've been in prayer lines and had some incredible men lay hands on me in prayer. I have never fallen out like that. I've had ministers jerk my head around and slap my forehead really hard. I don't know if they were trying to help me fall out or what, but I didn't fall.

Second video -- why do people follow after these jokers? Check his office for coke, and I don't mean the soda. Dude should be run out of the church, not applauded and encouraged.

Here's a video of an African preacher who claims the power to burn fat! Yes, you read that correctly. I don't know if it's in this video, but in one video I saw he actually brought a scale on the stage, had women stand on the scale to see what they weighed, then prayed for God to burn their fat and weighed them again!

Again, I don't understand how these guys are allowed behind a pulpit. Liars. Deceivers. Anti-Christ. Sons of Belial.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Bunch of charismatic mess.

First video -- the waiving the hand and people falling out in waves. Gimme a break. The music is nice and meant to stir the emotions, but it's void of the true spirit.

I've been in hundreds of camp meetings, conferences, revival services and regular services combined. I've been in prayer lines and had some incredible men lay hands on me in prayer. I have never fallen out like that. I've had ministers jerk my head around and slap my forehead really hard. I don't know if they were trying to help me fall out or what, but I didn't fall.

Second video -- why do people follow after these jokers? Check his office for coke, and I don't mean the soda. Dude should be run out of the church, not applauded and encouraged.

Here's a video of an African preacher who claims the power to burn fat! Yes, you read that correctly. I don't know if it's in this video, but in one video I saw he actually brought a scale on the stage, had women stand on the scale to see what they weighed, then prayed for God to burn their fat and weighed them again!

Again, I don't understand how these guys are allowed behind a pulpit. Liars. Deceivers. Anti-Christ. Sons of Belial.
Even when i see those videos i dont know if i must laugh or cry!
Sometimes i read : "1.000 persons get the holy ghost" or "apostolic mircles" and then i dont know is this good?
I mean we live in the last days and sure Jesus cures and saves but i think that many deceivers growing too. Maybe they grow more than the church!!!
Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I looked again at the first video. He never jerked anyones head or slapped their foreheads hard. Most of what I saw going down he did not even touch.

A far cry from the Pentecostal meetings I have been in when they did their best to try to make you fall. This video seems more valid than anything I ever saw as far as being "slain in the spirit".

If it were happening in this fashion at some Apostolic Church they would be saying it was the greatest move since Azusa St. Apostolics would be flocking to it to check out what was happening.

I know I would.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I looked again at the first video. He never jerked anyones head or slapped their foreheads hard. Most of what I saw going down he did not even touch.
No, he did a Benny Hinn and waived at them. Still a bunch of charismatic mess. I thought about posting a Benny Hinn video, where Hinn does the same waive of the hand, but I don't want to offend anyone with the soundtrack.

Quote:
A far cry from the Pentecostal meetings I have been in when they did their best to try to make you fall. This video seems more valid than anything I ever saw as far as being "slain in the spirit".
If you believe that's valid or real, I have a gorgeous oceanfront property in Maricopa to sell you.

Quote:
If it were happening in this fashion at some Apostolic Church they would be saying it was the greatest move since Azusa St. Apostolics would be flocking to it to check out what was happening.

I know I would.
I'm not so sure about that. HMH people have women waving their hair over prayer requests and that was even questioned by a large number of people and caused some heartburn at HQ.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I intend to follow what I was taught in those early years of my walk with God even if no one else does because it is tried and true.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
No, he did a Benny Hinn and waived at them. Still a bunch of charismatic mess. I thought about posting a Benny Hinn video, where Hinn does the same waive of the hand, but I don't want to offend anyone with the soundtrack.

If you believe that's valid or real, I have a gorgeous oceanfront property in Maricopa to sell you.

I'm not so sure about that. HMH people have women waving their hair over prayer requests and that was even questioned by a large number of people and caused some heartburn at HQ.
This has NOTHING to do with hair. Right?