Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
crakjak

Re: O.R. Fauss has went home to be with the Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I remember he preached on Judas......saying there was a Judas in the crowd. I can still hear him yell.......Juuuuuddddaassssss!!!!! Don't you get up! Don't you leave this auditorium!!!!!! LOL!
When you believe in the traditional view of God as a torturer of his creation, and that every human being is in danger of endless torment, what is a scare method here?? If you really believe, in the endless fires of hell, then you should use whatever method.

After reading one of the psalms that has 26 verses, with each verse declaring that God's mercy endures forever, I cannot believe in those methods. These methods are pretty much a thing of the past, thank God.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
of 9!! :)

Does anyone know any more details of his passing?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

He was a fire and brimstone Conviction preacher. One of the best. I have heard him many time. Atteneded his church for a short time in the early 80's. Thank God for Conviction preacher like elder Fauss.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM
She makes me look good!

My family began to attend Greater Bethel Tabernacle in the late 70's and attended there for more than 20 years--all but one of us moving away to pastor. Being asked to preach revivals there was one of the biggest compliments in my evangelistic ministry days. He had a stroke about 12 years ago and never fully recovered. I believe he was 86. He lived a long and full life. From what I can tell he died from natural causes. His body just wore out. He was always very overweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
When you believe in the traditional view of God as a torturer of his creation, and that every human being is in danger of endless torment, what is a scare method here?? If you really believe, in the endless fires of hell, then you should use whatever method.

After reading one of the psalms that has 26 verses, with each verse declaring that God's mercy endures forever, I cannot believe in those methods. These methods are pretty much a thing of the past, thank God.
My husband and I were new in the church and we were scared witless!!

Today, I believe OR Fauss is sitting in heaven having a good chuckle with God about his foolishness. And maybe a bit of a cry too.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

Amen to that. And ps, if you think he went home, bless him, you got another think coming. He left home. Earth is our home, and final resting place. "On earth as it is in heaven." Etc. The fact that you have been raised with a deficient model will not force God to change creation for you. I say this so that someone, 1 person, may not be surprised when they die.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopy View Post
Amen to that. And ps, if you think he went home, bless him, you got another think coming. He left home. Earth is our home, and final resting place. "On earth as it is in heaven." Etc. The fact that you have been raised with a deficient model will not force God to change creation for you. I say this so that someone, 1 person, may not be surprised when they die.
What if you are surprised when you die? Fact is, I think we are ALL going to be surprised. We're just not quite as smart as we think we are.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

amen
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I remember he preached on Judas......saying there was a Judas in the crowd. I can still hear him yell.......Juuuuuddddaassssss!!!!! Don't you get up! Don't you leave this auditorium!!!!!! LOL!
And this was BEFORE the Monty Python "Alllbaaatrrrrrooosssssss!!!!" skit.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
He was a fire and brimstone preacher, the threats of death and hell, as the primary method of evangelizing. Now I haven't heard him in about 40 years, so that could have very well changed, I certainly hope so. He was respected in the UPC as one of the greats, but his preaching was spiritual abuse to me as a child. But, hey that was the method in those days.
It didn't change.