Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Re: To the Jew first...

OK but can someone publicly pass out Christian literature in Jerusalem,today ?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Which one is the freak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
To the Jew first just shows the progression of time.
No, it does not just show the progression of time. Paul's statement wasn't about chronology.

Quote:
JESUS reached out to the Jews and they rejected HIM. After Pentecost, it was open to everyone.
The rejection of Jesus by the Jews was a prophecy found in the Old Testament.
Luke2447 has addressed the issue with Gentile salvation being available prior to Pentecost.

Quote:
There's nothing special about Jews anymore, and there's nothing special for the Greeks either, or for any other race. In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile...
Nothing special about the Jews...

It is clear that you missed the entire point of this thread. I'll give you the Cliff Notes version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubill View Post
“For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.” Romans 1:16, from the Complete Jewish Bible

…but you can succeed! Nearly all Jews who have come to faith have come because a non-Jew gave them The Gospel!

G-d desires for all of Israel to be saved. We have taken this gospel to Europe and the Americas, to Australia, Asia, and Africa. Unfortunately, we stopped taking it to Judea. You probably know more Jewish people than you think.

It is my hope that creating this thread will result in you becoming equipped to take the Acts 2:38 message of salvation to the Jews, the intended recipients of The Gospel.

Shalom uv’racha b’shem Yeshua Mishikheinu!
Peace and blessings unto you in the Name of Yeshua, Our Messiah!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rosh Hashanah: The Festival of Trumpets
Thank you Yeshua, our King! We patiently wait for your return.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Which one is the freak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
OK but can someone publicly pass out Christian literature in Jerusalem,today ?
Passing out Christian literature (tracts) anywhere in Israel is not permitted by Israeli law. This is the general definition of missionary activity, which is outlawed.

However, you can speak to people about Yeshua anywhere, as long as the person you are speaking to is an adult.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Which one is the freak?

According to the Jerusalem Post, there are approximately 300,000 Jewish believers who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. How many of them that have received the Acts 2:38 message is not known but it is probably less than 1%, since most Messianics are taught to just believe that Jesus/Yeshua IS. And they do.

According to the JP, of those 300,000 Messianics, there are 15,000 that live in Israel.

If you were to talk to them about how they came to Christ/Messiah, almost all of them will tell you that it was a result of someone witnessing to them, and the witness was usually a church-going Gentile.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Which one is the freak?

As Rosh Hashanah approaches on your September 2008 calendar, wish your Jewish friend a Happy New Year by saying, "L'Shanah Tovah!"

Phonetic pronounciation: leh-shah-NAH toh-VAH

L'shanah tovah means roughly, "Have a good year."

The Jewish New Year celebration, known as Rosh Hashanah, begins Monday night at sundown on Sept. 29th. It begins the Hebrew Year of 5769.

After the destruction of the second Temple, the Hebrew calendar was changed to the alternate agricultural calendar instead of the Biblical calendar. The Biblical calendar's New Year begins in Spring, just before Passover. The agricultural calendar's New Year begins on the first day of the Biblical 7th month. Leviticus 23 shows us that the 1st day of the 7th month is the Festival of Trumpets.

The Festival of Trumpets is also known as Yom Teruah (the day of the blowing), which is the shofar festival. Many who read this will know that a shofar is a ram's horn. Jews have a party in the evening and see how many sweet things we can eat until we send ourselves into a diabetic coma. The common thing to indulge in is apples dipped in honey, and many homes have a honey tasting party. At my house, we'll have local honey from LA's bees, as well as two kinds of honey from Israel: Date Honey and honey from the Galilee.

The following morning, Jews will go to the synagogue instead of work and have a special service to observe the Festival of Trumpets. The shofar is blown several times by a person who has the skill to do so. It's a wonderful service.

This day begins the 10 day march towards Yom Kippur: the Day of Atonement. This 10 day period is the opportunity for Jews to inspect themselves, make resolutions, make things right with a 'brother', and make things right with G-d.

Your Jewish friend will certainly be impressed that you know this stuff! It's knowing little things like these that help your ability to relate to your mission field.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
To the Jew first just shows the progression of time. JESUS reached out to the Jews and they rejected HIM. After Pentecost, it was open to everyone. There's nothing special about Jews anymore, and there's nothing special for the Greeks either, or for any other race. In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile... Oh, but I have a Matisyahu's CD!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Exactly. FIRST to the jews simply means the first to hear the truth, not a priority first of being better than all th rest.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Standing fast in liberty!

There is no more Jew or Greek, bond nor free... We're all on a level playing field, and that is at the foot of the cross of Jesus. The Church is the fulfillment of God's plan through the ages, of which natural Israel was a shadow.

I would not say that there's nothing special about Israel, but I would say that there's nothing more special about Israel than there is the rest of the gentile world. The CHURCH is the true Israel of God! We are spiritual Israel, the fulfillment of natural Israel, and as such are God's Chosen People. Every covenant and promise God made with natural Israel is fulfilled in the Church of Jesus Christ. He does NOT have TWO LOVES!

I'm all for witnessing to anyone that will hear - jew and gentile alike. I appreciate the intent of this thread, to encourage us to reach out to the natural Jew with the Gospel. But I don't appreciate the notion that natural Israel is somehow still a twinkle in the Lord's eye and that His affection is somehow still toward them and not on His church.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Very good words, Jaamez.

We find prophecies spoken to Israel in Isaiah that the church applied to itself, by the way, showing us the natural progression as far as God was concerned was for Israel to continue on into the church. The church is what the jews should have all continued on into as well as bringing in the gentiles.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Which one is the freak?

This is a thread in a Ministry forum. How sad it is to see how this thread is being hijacked away from it's original intent: sharing what we know with the people who served as the vehicle for bringing us the salvation that we have in Yeshua, The Lord Jesus.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Neu,

Consider this. It is more vital to ensure we know that JEWS and GENTILES BOTH are equal in God's eyes, so that we retain the understanding that God is no respector of persons. Usually, people who claim Jewish and Hebrew names and emphasize them somehow believe that the Jewish people are above every other people, and that the church is not the ONLY way for Jews to come to Christ.

A;ll of this is associated with the span of ages that are said to occur in the world, and touches upon a faulty idea that some propose. When we succeed in getting people to realize that the Jew will have no hope after the rapture of the church, despite dispensational teaching to the contrary, we will ensure we reach the precious Jewish people with much more fervour, anyway! If the church is the only way for ANYONE, and there is no age after the church age in which Israel can know God, how much more will the church reach out to share with Israel the truth of JESUS Christ?

That is really sad is that doctrines float around so popularly saying that God will remove the GENTILE church in order to save Israel, when the Church is NOT gentile, and is the only way for Jew or Gentile from now on until Jesus comes, after which no one can come to God.