Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Being a prophet-trainee is my phraseology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
So describe for me what it means to be a prophet in training;
God revealed to me in a dream that I was selected to be specially trained for a great competition. To understand the upcoming contest, think of Elijah versus the priests of Baal and the three angels' messages versus the three demons' messages.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Being a prophet-trainee is my phraseology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
God revealed to me in a dream that I was selected to be specially trained for a great competition. To understand the upcoming contest, think of Elijah versus the priests of Baal and the three angels' messages versus the three demons' messages.
So how do train for this competition?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
So how do train for this competition?
In the dream, which was highly symbolic, I was overwhelmed by revelations of incredible variety and astonishing power.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
In the dream, which was highly symbolic, I was overwhelmed by revelations of incredible variety and astonishing power.
dont mean to be rude here, but this is about vague as It gets concerning your dream. "revelations of incredible variety" "astonishing power"?

At the beginning of the thread you seemed to have a huge misunderstanding about the "gift" of tongues and what happened in Acts vs 1 Corinthians. Now your a prophet in training? What prophesies can you post on this forum that you have prophesied? World events, local matters, anything?

It may really edify us to know what revelations God has shown you of incredible variety. Surely you have something worth posting on this forum for the church.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:00 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Where are the Apostolic prophets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
It looks like the prophets of Baal....

One false prophesy and there you have a false prophet. I believe Ehud knows this but there is no such thing as a prophet in training. You are either one or your not.

Eh...lol nope.

Not really true.

Training is what other seasoned Christians are supposed to be doing to the body of believers.

Pastors/Teachers/Evangelists are trained but you say that Prophets require NO training....if thats the case then why was there a school for the prophets in Ramah?

When one gives a prophecy or a word in the NT church...the others are to listen and to judge...NOW is that person kicked out or forever barred from ministry?

Id say no depending on the motivation and the circumstances...this takes wisdom and discernment and a great deal of patience.

How many "preachers" have dropped the watermelon?

Much more than we'd admit because in that authoritative position we have been trained and indoctrinated to believe that our word is infallible and if we are right we are right and if we are wrong we are right and the laity has no right to question or to correct.

I was told that laity is a vertical submission to the clergy and the clergy is horizontally submitted to each other but scripture does not teach this.

If you believe we are to disregard prophets that are wrong then we must give the same severity of consequence to any other minister that steps out of doctrinal truth in the slightest increment...

Because when you preach you are declaring Thus Sayeth The Lord whether you call yourself a prophet or not....

NOW...of that seems overly harsh and you are scrambling for a buncha "Buts" to toss into that argument...maybe it'd be best to realize that there is always room to grow and learn.

Its taken me years and years to hear God as I do now and understand what I understand and how I understand it....it took me that long because I had no training...no mentorship...maybe if the "church" had done its job things would have unfolded differently but it didnt and here we are.

Ive learned to eat the meat and spit out the bones and when you learn to hear His voice...you can hear Him in all sorts of ways and from all sorts of people...sometimes the message is mixed because its not all Him...sometimes their own opinions and ideas bleed through and THAT is the error...but when you know His voice you can gently instruct and guide and the next time they will know better.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

3 angels messages vs 3 demons?

What angels and what demons and do you have a scriptural basis for this or was this something that was only revealed in the dream?

Not dis believing you here...just wanting clarification.

Ive had my own Dream...and two years ago a vision...the dream ive talked about...the vision not so much...
Old 05-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

What really matters is readily verifiable truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
It may really edify us to know what revelations God has shown you of incredible variety. Surely you have something worth posting on this forum for the church.
1 John 2:27
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

I do have a significant revelation of the future that was a specific answer to a prayer of a dear sister in the faith and I expect to receive many more. What really matters is readily verifiable truth that is of God, which is unknown by the church, yet can be tested and proven true.

We all agree what it means to validate a truth that is easily verifiable. For example, consider testing the most credible claimants that profess to have the gift of the interpretation of tongues. We only need to show one of them a few random clips of Charismatics speaking in tongues on youtube and then get his or her interpretation. Next, show the same video clips of Charismatics speaking in tongues the next day to yet another claimant and get that claimant's interpretation. Do that for a significant number of credible claimants, testing only one of them each day. Then compare their interpretations. There should be an impressive agreement.

While I'm just a prophet-trainee that expects many powerful revelations in the future, here is an unquestionably significant revelation from God that I've contributed to in places through the gift of the Spirit:

The Three Angels' Messages Versus The Three Demons' Messages
Old 05-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Have I prophesied? Yes.

Do I occupy an "office"? Not a clue.
What you said earlier in the thread is the distinction that I would make. If you are just a 'regular old church saint' and you think God has spoken to you, but you turn out to be wrong, aside from likely losing some credibility, just try to do better next time. However, if one claims to be a prophet of God, they don't get to be wrong and get the same pass. Hopefully upon being wrong, they will come to their senses, repent of their ways, and move on. But if they continue to claim to be a prophet of God, yes, we should absolutely wash our hands of them.

I don't believe your reference to preachers and "Thus Sayeth the Lord" is quite on the same level. Preachers are almost always giving their understanding of what scripture says, not predicting the future or performing miracles. Having said that, if a preacher is wrong often enough, we should avoid them as well. I'm sure we will all have different tolerances and breaking points, but I'm sure we agree if a preacher never teaches the actual Word, we would be well-advised to avoid them. After that, it's just a matter of much bone you are willing to spit out.

Samuel had Eli to help direct him, but I don't recall Eli actually 'training' Samuel. (I very well could be wrong. Been a while since I have read that story.) Even so, my real issue with Zog isn't that he claims to be in training. My issue is that he readily admits to having failed often. If failing often means "speaking for God and being wrong," he simply is not a prophet.

I don't know that Brother Hometown will agree with all of that, but since I had agreed with his statement, I thought I might clarify my stance.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
What you said earlier in the thread is the distinction that I would make. If you are just a 'regular old church saint' and you think God has spoken to you, but you turn out to be wrong, aside from likely losing some credibility, just try to do better next time. However, if one claims to be a prophet of God, they don't get to be wrong and get the same pass. Hopefully upon being wrong, they will come to their senses, repent of their ways, and move on. But if they continue to claim to be a prophet of God, yes, we should absolutely wash our hands of them.

I don't believe your reference to preachers and "Thus Sayeth the Lord" is quite on the same level. Preachers are almost always giving their understanding of what scripture says, not predicting the future or performing miracles. Having said that, if a preacher is wrong often enough, we should avoid them as well. I'm sure we will all have different tolerances and breaking points, but I'm sure we agree if a preacher never teaches the actual Word, we would be well-advised to avoid them. After that, it's just a matter of much bone you are willing to spit out.

Samuel had Eli to help direct him, but I don't recall Eli actually 'training' Samuel. (I very well could be wrong. Been a while since I have read that story.) Even so, my real issue with Zog isn't that he claims to be in training. My issue is that he readily admits to having failed often. If failing often means "speaking for God and being wrong," he simply is not a prophet.

I don't know that Brother Hometown will agree with all of that, but since I had agreed with his statement, I thought I might clarify my stance.

Eli didnt train Samuel to be a prophet.

Eli was allowing his sons to commit great transgression in the temple and God used Samuel to pronounce judgement upon Eli and his sons and upon his house.

Samuel established the school.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Eli didnt train Samuel to be a prophet.
Good. The ole memory isn't completely shot then.