Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Dottie Rambo Killed in Bus Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
I didn't see that one, but I did see several that my parents had back then, I remember sitting in front of their stereo for hours playing their albums.
The memories, girl...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Somehow I missed this thread and just saw this. How tragic.I love her songs and have LP's and a double CD set.
Her songs will certainly live on. My husband and I sang duets of her songs in the 70's & 80's.

I heard her give her testimony on TBN in regard to being healed many times.

She leaves a great legacy.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Just read this on the Gaither's website...

"The bus was on the way to a Mother's Day performance in North Richland Hills, Texas, and was traveling through high winds when it ran off the road and hit an embankment approximately two miles east of Mount Vernon on Interstate 44."

Gloria gaither writes, "We have lost one of the truly great poets, but her voice will only be amplified by death. Songs of Dottie Rambo will more insistently than ever speak to the experiences of life bringing hope, counsel, encouragement and perspective."
Old 05-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post

"The bus was on the way to a Mother's Day performance in North Richland Hills, Texas, and was traveling through high winds when it ran off the road and hit an embankment approximately two miles east of Mount Vernon on Interstate 44."

Gloria gaither writes, "We have lost one of the truly great poets, but her voice will only be amplified by death. Songs of Dottie Rambo will more insistently than ever speak to the experiences of life bringing hope, counsel, encouragement and perspective."
Yes ma'am... there were high winds there all night. There were tornados that came thru the area earlier that same night but there were winds in excess of 50 mph that night that they believe caused this. Some near hurricane strength is what was reported by people who were there in the town this occured
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

I do not know if this has been posted yet or not but this is very sad... there were also babies on the bus

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...D=200880511005
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Just caught part of a tribute by TBN of the night they gave a special tribute to Dottie, the night they awarded her with the Century Writers Award.

Reba and her husband and children sang some of her songs.

Reba said her Mom would get inspired to write at the most unusual times and wrote songs on anything that was available. She shared how some of the different songs came about.

It was interesting to see.

Dottie told the audience everyday she talks to Jesus and He is her comfort. She also said when I'm gone I hope they will say I left with a song. (paraphased)
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Just caught part of a tribute by TBN of the night they gave a special tribute to Dottie, the night they awarded her with the Century Writers Award.

Reba and her husband and children sang some of her songs.

Reba said her Mom would get inspired to write at the most unusual times and wrote songs on anything that was available. She shared how some of the different songs came about.

It was interesting to see.

Dottie told the audience everyday she talks to Jesus and He is her comfort. She also said when I'm gone I hope they will say I left with a song. (paraphased)

I saw part of it and recorded the rest... so sad but such awesome memories!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post

I hope it was high wind or storm debris because the main other reason would have been driver error and if her driver had fallen asleep and caused this accident I know he would have been devastated. When I heard the time of the accident the driver falling asleep was the first thing I thought of beforer I heard of the storms.

I know that even though Nashville escaped the bad stomrs the last few days we still had isolated high gusts of winds that caused one semi truck to turn over on an interestate and then several cars hit it. On TV the damage to one of those cars looked really bad but the new report said there were no life threatening injuries.

According to an update on the Singing News forum that someone put a link on in an earlier post on this thread apparently there are several people that were on the bus still in critical condition. We need to remember to pray for them in addition to Reba and and the rest of Dottie's family.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGirl View Post
this is reba and donnie's church web-site. they are posting updates as they get them....

http://theriveratmusiccity.com/Events.html
Thanks.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I hope it was high wind or storm debris because the main other reason would have been driver error and if her driver had fallen asleep and caused this accident I know he would have been devastated. When I heard the time of the accident the driver falling asleep was the first thing I thought of beforer I heard of the storms.

I know that even though Nashville escaped the bad stomrs the last few days we still had isolated high gusts of winds that caused one semi truck to turn over on an interestate and then several cars hit it. On TV the damage to one of those cars looked really bad but the new report said there were no life threatening injuries.

According to an update on the Singing News forum that someone put a link on in an earlier post on this thread apparently there are several people that were on the bus still in critical condition. We need to remember to pray for them in addition to Reba and and the rest of Dottie's family.
True. Plus high profile vehicles are affected by winds more so than cars.
Every moment, THANK GOD.