Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-15-2016, 08:56 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Trinitarians who believe Oneness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Praise God.

I can't help but think the Lord calling Peter by the name "satan" is similar to him not knowing the folks crying, "Lord, Lord." But both Peter and the Lord Lord criers knew Jesus. It's not enough to know Him. He must know us.

Both accounts make mention of the rock. Jesus told Peter he heard from the Father, and then said, "And I say also unto thee.." And in Matt 7 Jesus said the rock is His sayings. He spoke of the cross.

In Matt 17, after Jesus rebuked Peter for rejecting the message of the cross, Jesus took Peter, James and John up the Mount of transfiguration. Jesus shone and Elijah and Moses appeared with Him. Peter heard them speaking of the death Jesus would experience at Jerusalem. That makes me think this was the reason Peter told Jesus to STAY THERE ON THE MOUNTAIN, and build three Temples. One for Jesus, Moses and Elijah. Then the Father interrupted Peter, and told him TO LISTEN TO JESUS.

What was Jesus saying? He was speaking of the cross. So, Peter STILL did not accept the cross even after his rebuke a week earlier in Matt 16. And Just like the Father showed Peter who Jesus was in Matt 16, the Father spoke in Matt 17 saying, "This is my Son in whom I am well-pleased." And just as Peter had to hear what the SON had to say and did not like it, the Father said, "Her ye Him!" Then Jesus spoke of the cross again!

Matthew 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
Death is a difficult topic, and so naturally our flesh wants to run from anything that requires death first. But what must be understood, is that in order to truly ever live, we must truly die first. There is no bypassing it.

And Paul said, I die daily. It is an ongoing process with our flesh, dying out to its wills, demands, and desires, but there is overcoming victory in it and through it.

We must keep preaching the message of the cross. It is offensive.

But it is the power of the gospel that changes us, and nothing else but that message of death, burial and then resurrection.

Last edited by KeptByTheWord; 11-15-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Right. The Father revealed Christ's identity to Peter. Peter was blessed. Then the Son revealed the cross to Peter, and Peter kicked.
and you think this would be a hint, that the guy who understood the OT and its prophecies thoroughly would understand that Christ had to be sacrificed, in order to accomplish His mission.

which he of course did, but those who eat and drink at His table, and then fail to connect themselves with "you evildoers," as has been demonstrated already, cannot but fail to see the implications in the parable, so that they may continue to see and not see, hear and not hear, as was amply demonstrated in the lesson on those who eat and drink at his table being blindly disconnected from "you evildoers," in real-time, search the terms in my thread, if you like. wadr

Last edited by shazeep; 11-18-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
And that's why our in-house gnostic Shaz had to run. He can't stand the cross. The cross is what divides the sheep from the goats. The cross is where we claim the victory, and there are no shortcuts or bypasses around it.
as is demonstrated by the insistence on relaying the foundation over and over again, dwelling in sin, preoccupied with sin, sin and death in every post, no Word evident at all, and the refusal to contemplate the fate of Nehushtan, worshipped by those in the exact, same position claimed by Apostates, that of already being in the Promised Land, and just awaitin on God for that pillow, that soft landing, that Rapture, discussed by Ezekiel, and affirmed in our understanding of the re-emergence of the Rapture heresy, again by a "woman," late 19th century, and further demonstrated by the characterization of me "running" somewhere, after i made it plain that i do not wish to be offensive, and would honor the rising complaints and stoning evinced here, and so would stick to my threads, indicating that i would no longer come here, making it safe to spout lies here at will, since, after all, this is not being said on one of my threads, is it, where no such prohibition has been requested of anyone--if the preceding clues were not enough, that is, which apparently to some few they were not.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Shifting sand of making symbols up and not seeing what God consistently says about them specifically, is quite different from solid rock foundation.

"I don't know what I'm talking about...." followed by, "go suck eggs you apostate." Pretty sandy foundation.
and so now, having failed to hear in one ear, you again wish to go into stereo mode on a subject that has already been made plain to everyone else, if not yourself, so that you may demonstrate that both ears are plugged, when in fact your best course might be to open up a third front, that your third ear might somehow be engaged, being as how you have been destroyed with every Witness you attempt to muster to your defense, both of you blathering women, who should, frankly, be more roundly condemned and sanctioned, as Paul plainly instructed, as you are in fact the trolls here, but then what does one expect from people who have signed Contracts for Jesus, and live mortgaged, Apostate lives?

what is to be done with such people, who have no husbands, to ask at home, and who openly condemn the Holy spirit, to the extent of reducing Paul's experience of meeting the Lord in the air to a puerile self-serving Rapture experience, in some unknown but still firmly pointed at future, that of course will never come, as they gurgle and coo, exactly as Paul admonished against?

Please, tell me, won't you.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't claim to be a theologian, but just like my body is a house, my spirit inhabits the house.
evidently, yes. also completely anti-Scriptural, and not to be emulated by anyone wishing to allow their Abel to predominate. This is Cain talking, exactly like your reps, as the Apostate Christian Patriot that you are, ignorantly uttered "we will rebuild, even higher."
Old 11-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
The word was made flesh and DWELT (which means TABERNACLED) among us. Like God in the temple of old, God was in the temple of his body.
and yet you demon~strate that you are completely ignorant of what the Word even is, which is no crime, but leading others away from it, in concentrated, pack efforts, sequestering them for purposes of rape and self-aggrandizement, most certainly is. As you must do, once you have signed that Contract, i guess.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lots of egg throwing, while standing on the sand "I don't know what I'm talking about". Sounds like a messy life to me. No thanks.

I'll stand on the Word made flesh, and the cross crucified. It's the safest place in this world to be.
and so you , also, wish to go into stereo mode, having gotten a perfectly reasonable explanation on the pertinent thread, that you had no reply to there, and could not muster the stones to put this one there, either, just like a gutless "woman" move, what we would define today as "a man who does not wear the pants," thus demonstrating once again exactly where you stand in the greater scheme of things, regardless if anyone has the stones to witness for me in my absence, or not.

yes, it is messy, being at peace in the midst of an apostate whirlwind, being stoned and egged first, of course, every time--i mean, the record has not been erased or anything, go look--and so whose face is the egg on? and who claims to know? and who gave a perfectly acceptable explanation there, that you also could not hear, that you now omit, of course, because you are not puffed up in the accurate retelling?

if you but knew what the Word even was--as you quite obviously don't, and have amply demonstrated many, many times now in your refusal to face Scripture, plainly shown you, and could not refute, and in fact slunk away from, in silence, to come be a punk here--you would know that the more you talk, the silllier you look, as you plainly manifest what Scripture says you must. if you would like a bald, scary look at yourself--if your rank ignorance in blindly disconnecting those "who ate and drank at His table" from "you, evildoers" was not plain enough for you--then BAM ask, and i will show you another one, even though it is hardly my place, as i have no desire to denigrate you, you screeching little brat.

Last edited by shazeep; 11-18-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Obviously I'm not explaining myself very well. I'll try to find a way to clarify my intent later.
you are being perfectly clear, and you just cannot be heard, wadr. but i perceive that you have already gathered as much.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Go back and follow the conversation thread, and you'll understand why.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
It was intended to be rhetorical, in order to express my point, which I obviously failed to get across.

priceless