Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Jekyll's Avatar
Jekyll Jekyll is offline
Communion at AFF


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
So if there is no attacking a person that makes it like GNC??? I dont think so... it just makes it civil... like it should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Thank goodness! There are certain posters from NFCF that seemed no matter what they did they couldnt do right by some people and anything they would say those people would take it as a chance to shoot at them.. These posters are good people and I would love to see them post here, without the fear of everything they say being under a microscope and I do believe that will happen here and am so greatful that you all have made it this way...
This is a given in forums. No matter what someone wants and says, they are held to their beliefs or they are discarded as hypocritical and insincere.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Trouvere's Avatar
Trouvere Trouvere is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,184
I like the Valentines mode.I miss the purple but its okay.Maybe we could do the holiday theme thing all the time.I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Malvaro's Avatar
Malvaro Malvaro is offline
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
We don't need another GNC now...
It won't become GNC, but we're not going to turn a blind eye if someone from the AFF family is being attacked by another.... argue the principles/ideas all day long, but don't attack the person....
__________________
"Rules without relationship lead to rebellion." Dr. James Dobson

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Jekyll's Avatar
Jekyll Jekyll is offline
Communion at AFF


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
that won't fly on AFF.... sorry....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintMovin View Post
This is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
GNC has its place and AFF has its place, but neither will permit personal bashing or attacks. You can be assured of that here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
I prefer attacking the person...why waste the time arguing with every single post? If you make the poster look like a moron, you have saved yourself looooots of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
oh come on, as iff


Okay, BOOM, where is that smiley I asked for??? These guys are circling around!!!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
ManOfWord's Avatar
ManOfWord ManOfWord is offline
Honorary Admin


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Posts: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
This is a given in forums. No matter what someone wants and says, they are held to their beliefs or they are discarded as hypocritical and insincere.
Everyone on AFF has a right to their beliefs and to state them and defend them and even disagree with the beliefs of others. However, being unkind and mistreating others in the process will not be tolerated. We want a free flow of ideas and discussion, but not a "knock-down, drag 'em out" free for all.
__________________
"Those who go after the "Sauls" among us often slay the Davids among us." Gene Edwards
Executive Servant
http://www.newlife-church.org
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Jekyll's Avatar
Jekyll Jekyll is offline
Communion at AFF


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Everyone on AFF has a right to their beliefs and to state them and defend them and even disagree with the beliefs of others. However, being unkind and mistreating others in the process will not be tolerated. We want a free flow of ideas and discussion, but not a "knock-down, drag 'em out" free for all.
of COURSE, yes, yes, yes...







BTW NFCF started out with the same novel idea...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Chan
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Thank goodness! There are certain posters from NFCF that seemed no matter what they did they couldnt do right by some people and anything they would say those people would take it as a chance to shoot at them.. These posters are good people and I would love to see them post here, without the fear of everything they say being under a microscope and I do believe that will happen here and am so greatful that you all have made it this way...
Why shouldn't what people say be examined with such scrutiny, particularly if what they're saying is not based on the word of God?

It should be made clear, however, that there is a BIG difference between scrutinizing what someone says and scrutinizing who a person is. The former should be encouraged and the latter discouraged.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
AmazingGrace AmazingGrace is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 6,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
I like the Valentines mode.I miss the purple but its okay.Maybe we could do the holiday theme thing all the time.I like it.
I agree! It would be cool if we could do the holiday theme thingy... I am using the Valentines one too because I just dont really like the other 2 choices... but I am not picky at least we have a home!!! LOL

BTW... IAM,, Renda,, St Matt, Mow, Jeannie and all of the other admin (please forgive me my memory is shot right now) Thank you all! For the owners and admin for teaming up and putting our new home together and making it a place where we can all get together and have a good time!!! Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:33 PM
ManOfWord's Avatar
ManOfWord ManOfWord is offline
Honorary Admin


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Posts: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
of COURSE, yes, yes, yes...







BTW NFCF started out with the same novel idea...
So, do you want to help us try to achieve this "novel" idea?
__________________
"Those who go after the "Sauls" among us often slay the Davids among us." Gene Edwards
Executive Servant
http://www.newlife-church.org
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Jekyll's Avatar
Jekyll Jekyll is offline
Communion at AFF


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
So, do you want to help us try to achieve this "novel" idea?
uh oh...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.