Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Shawn Shawn is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 523
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

man...it isn't about religeon...It's about Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,687
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Pardon my misquote.

Do you believe Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever?

Nobody said prayer, fasting, charity and belief in one God was wrong. I don't know you think you we are but we pray, fast, give and believe in one God

As do we. Hence my original reference to parallels. These are the proper actions to assure a path to paradise and I am happy to hear that they are followed. I know that is what you are taught as well, and actually I also know what you are.

You made an assertion and your assertion is false. I don't care what your parallels are, infact you just contradicted yourself by asserting we believe they are all wrong.. You don't know what we are since you just accused us of saying all that was wrong,

How would you know? Yes we fear God

I know your side better than you assume I do. I know you do or at least you are taught to. We are taught that God has his due in the above (see #1) and it is irreverent to not follow His requirements. We are taught that irreverence is a bad thing. As are you. So, where does that leave it?

No you don't know my side. This is again your false assertion that we are irreverent or teach we should be irreverent.

AGain, how would you know? Yes we DO tithe and give offerings.

I know you do. See #1 reference to parallels. In some churches it is taught as mandatory, as it is in Islam. In some it is not. Islam teaches that is is.

Don't say I know you do when you just asserted we don't! What are you trying to do here? What Islam teaches is irrelevant to me. You made a series of assertions or accusations and now you are contradicting yourself

So far your batting average is not very good

Your veiled sarcasm is noted. Thank you.

It wasn't veiled or sarcasm. You listed a series of assertions or accusations about us that are untrue

0 for 3. Yes our actions DO matter. Are you serious? Are you making this stuff up as you go along?

You said you are saved by faith. I said actions do matter and actions are the basis on what you are judged in the end. Now you say actions do matter. Thank you for the validation.

Being saved by faith does not equal "Your actions do not matter". You clearly don't know who and what you are dealing with

We speak the truth. We never said ALL muslims are anything, but if you certainly aren't ignorant of what goes on in Islamic nations under Islamic law. BTW we don't beat the mess out of our kids or teach others to do the same. Are you somehow justifying beating your kids or wives now?

I was referencing a post of yours referring to Muslims as "wife beaters" and offering example of a text from your own bible which is and has been used by those of christian faith to justify that very thing. Not all of christian faith, but some. As some Muslims do the same. I am not one who does. Probably my southern upbringing.

Quote me saying muslims are wife beaters

I live in an Islamic nation and the laws are Islamic law. I grew up in the South. So, that means, again, you are speaking of things which I actually and personally know and actually and personally have a basis to both make judgements and comparisons. Which, unfortunately, it appears that you do not.

Once again you are making an assertion you have not substantiated

Obedience is the fruit of true faith. That is what you lack. You have no idea if you will be truly saved or not.

Obedience to God and God's laws has been a requirement since God's words were first put to paper. Following God's law ensures salvation. Failing to do so ensures no salvation.

Are you perfect in following God's laws? Ever once miss the mark?

Required to become saved? Other than confessing Jesus as savior? No, Essential to maintain the very faith that saves us? Yes. Yes Jesus taught on prayer and that is what we do. We do it for many reasons, as I have said before. One of which is to keep our faith in Him strong and healthy. We don't chant phrases over and over like some mindless zombie either. We pray from the heart because we have a real relationship with Him

One does not "become saved". One is required to spend one's entire life, every day, following the words and teachings of God's words. Nobody I know or have ever heard of chants words like mindless zombies when praying. Do you have a specific example? Otherwise the attempt at insult is noted and passed.

Yes one DOES become saved. I hope someday you will experience this. When you pray, do you recite the same words over and over along side your muslim brethren?

You don't have a clue do you? You've wadded into a something that you have no idea of.

I suspect that I do have a clue. As I know both sides.

You clearly don't know both sides. This is evidenced by your list of false assertions about prayer and tithes etc etc

We believe it and do it out of love. Your motive is fear.

I follow this way because I believe it is the right way and choose to follow it. Qualifies as faith under the definition of faith.

I follow this way because it has freed me. It has given me life here and now. I have a loving relationship with my creator and God has forgiven me of all my sins because of His goodness, not my own.
It would be nice next time if you could separate the post by quotes and response so I can just hit the quote button and answer
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,760
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Pardon my misquote.

Do you believe Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever?

As stated I believe God is the same and has not changed since the beginning of human history.

Nobody said prayer, fasting, charity and belief in one God was wrong. I don't know you think you we are but we pray, fast, give and believe in one God

As do we. Hence my original reference to parallels. These are the proper actions to assure a path to paradise and I am happy to hear that they are followed. I know that is what you are taught as well, and actually I also know what you are.

You made an assertion and your assertion is false. I don't care what your parallels are, infact you just contradicted yourself by asserting we believe they are all wrong.. You don't know what we are since you just accused us of saying all that was wrong,

It only, perhaps unintentionally, across as being somehow stated as wrong only in it's interpretation as a requirement. You said "we tithe and fast because we want to". That statement implies, again perhaps unintentionally, an arbitrary decision of whether or not to follow these courses of actions. I merely pointed out that in Islam, these are in fact required. For me personally, the intention of giving is to return back to God's work what He is due based on what he has chosen to give to me and my family, and thus what he is owed. The intention in fasting is to put aside physical wants and self-sacrifice as to what God is owed. Sometimes I do not want to do that, and do not feel like doing that, but for me, and I can only speak for myself, the intention is to do it because God is owed it. The actions as taught are the same. In one path, they are defined as choices. In the other path, they are defined as requirements. I happen to choose the more conservative second path.

How would you know? Yes we fear God

I know your side better than you assume I do. I know you do or at least you are taught to. We are taught that God has his due in the above (see #1) and it is irreverent to not follow His requirements. We are taught that irreverence is a bad thing. As are you. So, where does that leave it?

No you don't know my side. This is again your false assertion that we are irreverent or teach we should be irreverent.

I believe that if God lays out a requirement for specific actions, these being regular prayer, fasting, returning a specific portion of personal gain back to His work, and belief in One and only One true God, it is irreverent to Him to pick and choose which of these will be followed. These are my beliefs only and not a shoe to be tried on to see if it fits anyone else.

AGain, how would you know? Yes we DO tithe and give offerings.

I know you do. See #1 reference to parallels. In some churches it is taught as mandatory, as it is in Islam. In some it is not. Islam teaches that is is.

Don't say I know you do when you just asserted we don't! What are you trying to do here? What Islam teaches is irrelevant to me. You made a series of assertions or accusations and now you are contradicting yourself

You seem upset. If something is irrelevent to me what I choose to do is waste no time, resources, or energy on it. Since Islam is irrelevent to you then a suggestion would be to not continue to bring up Islam, teachings of Islam, critical discussions of Islam, and out of context quotes from Islamic texts. It would certainly allow the focus of more time and energy defining and sharing what IS right rather than what is NOT right. I asserted that I know that you do tithe (well some do) but that "doing so because one chooses do do it" rather than doing so because it is required is something I believe to be irreverent.

So far your batting average is not very good

Your veiled sarcasm is noted. Thank you.

It wasn't veiled or sarcasm. You listed a series of assertions or accusations about us that are untrue

0 for 3. Yes our actions DO matter. Are you serious? Are you making this stuff up as you go along?

You said you are saved by faith. I said actions do matter and actions are the basis on what you are judged in the end. Now you say actions do matter. Thank you for the validation.

Being saved by faith does not equal "Your actions do not matter". You clearly don't know who and what you are dealing with

I will further elaborate and share that I never stopped to consider "who and what" I am dealing with either. Whatever that means.

We speak the truth. We never said ALL muslims are anything, but if you certainly aren't ignorant of what goes on in Islamic nations under Islamic law. BTW we don't beat the mess out of our kids or teach others to do the same. Are you somehow justifying beating your kids or wives now?

I was referencing a post of yours referring to Muslims as "wife beaters" and offering example of a text from your own bible which is and has been used by those of christian faith to justify that very thing. Not all of christian faith, but some. As some Muslims do the same. I am not one who does. Probably my southern upbringing.

Quote me saying muslims are wife beaters

You have offered the "refuse to share their bed, and if they continue, beat them.." quote several times on this forum. Deny that or not. If you feel the need to re-ask I will remind you by supplying times and dates if you need them.

I live in an Islamic nation and the laws are Islamic law. I grew up in the South. So, that means, again, you are speaking of things which I actually and personally know and actually and personally have a basis to both make judgements and comparisons. Which, unfortunately, it appears that you do not.

Once again you are making an assertion you have not substantiated

The only assertion that I made is that I am in fact familiar with Islamic laws in Islamic nations, as well as our own. I also make the assertion that it appears to me that you have not actually LIVED in an islamic society. Appears just means appears and is not an assertion of fact.

Obedience is the fruit of true faith. That is what you lack. You have no idea if you will be truly saved or not.

Obedience to God and God's laws has been a requirement since God's words were first put to paper. Following God's law ensures salvation. Failing to do so ensures no salvation.

Are you perfect in following God's laws? Ever once miss the mark?

Without question.

Required to become saved? Other than confessing Jesus as savior? No, Essential to maintain the very faith that saves us? Yes. Yes Jesus taught on prayer and that is what we do. We do it for many reasons, as I have said before. One of which is to keep our faith in Him strong and healthy. We don't chant phrases over and over like some mindless zombie either. We pray from the heart because we have a real relationship with Him

One does not "become saved". One is required to spend one's entire life, every day, following the words and teachings of God's words. Nobody I know or have ever heard of chants words like mindless zombies when praying. Do you have a specific example? Otherwise the attempt at insult is noted and passed.

Yes one DOES become saved. I hope someday you will experience this. When you pray, do you recite the same words over and over along side your muslim brethren?

During the formal prayer I do. In my case in (2) languages lol.

You don't have a clue do you? You've wadded into a something that you have no idea of.

I suspect that I do have a clue. As I know both sides.

You clearly don't know both sides. This is evidenced by your list of false assertions about prayer and tithes etc etc

The only assertion I made from the beginning is that both are required for salvation.

We believe it and do it out of love. Your motive is fear.

I follow this way because I believe it is the right way and choose to follow it. Qualifies as faith under the definition of faith.

I follow this way because it has freed me. It has given me life here and now. I have a loving relationship with my creator and God has forgiven me of all my sins because of His goodness, not my own.

There is no, none, halas, over, done, salvation for anyone without the mercy of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
It would be nice next time if you could separate the post by quotes and response so I can just hit the quote button and answer
That would be too easy lol
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,687
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
It only, perhaps unintentionally, across as being somehow stated as wrong only in it's interpretation as a requirement. You said "we tithe and fast because we want to". That statement implies, again perhaps unintentionally, an arbitrary decision of whether or not to follow these courses of actions. I merely pointed out that in Islam, these are in fact required. For me personally, the intention of giving is to return back to God's work what He is due based on what he has chosen to give to me and my family, and thus what he is owed. The intention in fasting is to put aside physical wants and self-sacrifice as to what God is owed. Sometimes I do not want to do that, and do not feel like doing that, but for me, and I can only speak for myself, the intention is to do it because God is owed it. The actions as taught are the same. In one path, they are defined as choices. In the other path, they are defined as requirements. I happen to choose the more conservative second path.
Rather than being an arbitrary decision, it becomes rather a part of who we are. Not because we are afraid we will go to hell if not, but because He loves us and we love Him. That is HIS work in us to change us. If a person chooses NOT to do such things then they ae not truely loving Him. Do you feed your kids because you love them or because you are afraid God will punish you?

Quote:
I believe that if God lays out a requirement for specific actions, these being regular prayer, fasting, returning a specific portion of personal gain back to His work, and belief in One and only One true God, it is irreverent to Him to pick and choose which of these will be followed. These are my beliefs only and not a shoe to be tried on to see if it fits anyone else.
Again, who was picking and choosing? That is again the second time you are implying something that is untrue. You are making a veiled accusation. We don't pick and choose. We do them!

Quote:
You seem upset. If something is irrelevent to me what I choose to do is waste no time, resources, or energy on it. Since Islam is irrelevent to you then a suggestion would be to not continue to bring up Islam, teachings of Islam, critical discussions of Islam, and out of context quotes from Islamic texts. It would certainly allow the focus of more time and energy defining and sharing what IS right rather than what is NOT right. I asserted that I know that you do tithe (well some do) but that "doing so because one chooses do do it" rather than doing so because it is required is something I believe to be irreverent.

I will bring them up because I believe it is a false religion. What is irrelevant is you "sharing" you views on Islam. What you do as a Muslim has no affect on me personally. Be my guest and practice. So what is irrelevant is you telling me what you do when I did not ask. Nothing personal. So are you trying to say that if you tithe because you feel you have to under coersion, threat of damnation, is a better option than me doing it because I WANT to do it? Paul said God loves a cheerful giver. I would rather do it cheerfully because that is what my heart is about, than doing it because I am afraid to not do it is go ........ me to hell for being disobedient. No matter what, I am being obedient.


Quote:
I will further elaborate and share that I never stopped to consider "who and what" I am dealing with either. Whatever that means.

Really? but you just said earlier that you KNEW who and what. Your post was an assertion that we (I) think believing in prayer and even one God was bad....that shows me you don't know who and what you are dealing with.

Quote:
You have offered the "refuse to share their bed, and if they continue, beat them.." quote several times on this forum. Deny that or not. If you feel the need to re-ask I will remind you by supplying times and dates if you need them.
Who was I quoting? You seem to not be able to make a distinction between me making a sweeping generalization of all Muslims and me quoting muslims...So again did I say "Muslims are wife beaters"? Yes please give me the post number

Quote:
The only assertion that I made is that I am in fact familiar with Islamic laws in Islamic nations, as well as our own. I also make the assertion that it appears to me that you have not actually LIVED in an islamic society. Appears just means appears and is not an assertion of fact.

No you made several assertions about us (and me) about prayer and One God being bad and some others. I pointed them out already

Quote:
Without question.

really? Never sinned? Wow. So you should feel comfortable in the knowleldge that if you died right now you are guranteed to go to heaven to be with God right?

Quote:
During the formal prayer I do. In my case in (2) languages lol.

Right, see prayer for us is less mechanical. We approach God as though He were our loving Father and sometimes a friend. We worship him and praise Him but we also talk heart to heart with Him.

Quote:
The only assertion I made from the beginning is that both are required for salvation.
Again, no. You made blanket statements or assertions about us and myself, Christians or members of this board. I ask you please to revisit your original post that I responded to from yesterday

Quote:
There is no, none, halas, over, done, salvation for anyone without the mercy of God

The bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Self Righteousness is a sin too. Sin cuts man off from the life of God. That is why on your own, your own works, you can not redeem yourself to God. You need a savior, Jesus Christ. When you truely accept Him and give you life to God you will experience a spiritual transformation and religion will become more than a set of rules to obey out of fearfulness. You will become a child of God
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,760
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

"Without question" means yes, I have "missed the mark."

Your reply of:

"really? Never sinned? Wow. So you should feel comfortable in the knowleldge that if you died right now you are guranteed to go to heaven to be with God right?" tells me that your answers are so pre-conceived that you are incapable of comprehending words.

"I believe that if God lays out a requirement for specific actions, these being regular prayer, fasting, returning a specific portion of personal gain back to His work, and belief in One and only One true God, it is irreverent to Him to pick and choose which of these will be followed. These are my beliefs only and not a shoe to be tried on to see if it fits anyone else."

I specifically stated this as my own personal belief.

Your reply:

Again, who was picking and choosing? That is again the second time you are implying something that is untrue. You are making a veiled accusation. We don't pick and choose. We do them!

So, since I only stated a personal belief, and referred to nobody, you may answer your own question.

The beliefs that I wanted to state are stated. You are now free to continue to focus on spending your time spreading hate, bigotry, and criticism of other cultures and religions while your country and community crumbles around you. Best of luck. Believe it or not, I'm sad for you.

WII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Rather than being an arbitrary decision, it becomes rather a part of who we are. Not because we are afraid we will go to hell if not, but because He loves us and we love Him. That is HIS work in us to change us. If a person chooses NOT to do such things then they ae not truely loving Him. Do you feed your kids because you love them or because you are afraid God will punish you?


Again, who was picking and choosing? That is again the second time you are implying something that is untrue. You are making a veiled accusation. We don't pick and choose. We do them!


I will bring them up because I believe it is a false religion. What is irrelevant is you "sharing" you views on Islam. What you do as a Muslim has no affect on me personally. Be my guest and practice. So what is irrelevant is you telling me what you do when I did not ask. Nothing personal. So are you trying to say that if you tithe because you feel you have to under coersion, threat of damnation, is a better option than me doing it because I WANT to do it? Paul said God loves a cheerful giver. I would rather do it cheerfully because that is what my heart is about, than doing it because I am afraid to not do it is go ........ me to hell for being disobedient. No matter what, I am being obedient.



Really? but you just said earlier that you KNEW who and what. Your post was an assertion that we (I) think believing in prayer and even one God was bad....that shows me you don't know who and what you are dealing with.


Who was I quoting? You seem to not be able to make a distinction between me making a sweeping generalization of all Muslims and me quoting muslims...So again did I say "Muslims are wife beaters"? Yes please give me the post number


No you made several assertions about us (and me) about prayer and One God being bad and some others. I pointed them out already


really? Never sinned? Wow. So you should feel comfortable in the knowleldge that if you died right now you are guranteed to go to heaven to be with God right?


Right, see prayer for us is less mechanical. We approach God as though He were our loving Father and sometimes a friend. We worship him and praise Him but we also talk heart to heart with Him.

Again, no. You made blanket statements or assertions about us and myself, Christians or members of this board. I ask you please to revisit your original post that I responded to from yesterday


The bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Self Righteousness is a sin too. Sin cuts man off from the life of God. That is why on your own, your own works, you can not redeem yourself to God. You need a savior, Jesus Christ. When you truely accept Him and give you life to God you will experience a spiritual transformation and religion will become more than a set of rules to obey out of fearfulness. You will become a child of God
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,687
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
"Without question" means yes, I have "missed the mark."

Your reply of:

"really? Never sinned? Wow. So you should feel comfortable in the knowleldge that if you died right now you are guranteed to go to heaven to be with God right?" tells me that your answers are so pre-conceived that you are incapable of comprehending words.
Ah, an insult. Maybe you need to choose your words more carefully then. I had simply replied to what you said. You said you were perfect. This is sort of like you making assertions about myself and other Christians that prayer and one God are bad, then turning around and denying ever having made such an assertion. I am reading your words and responding. If the response is something you did not expect then perhaps you need to rethink what you post.

Quote:
"I believe that if God lays out a requirement for specific actions, these being regular prayer, fasting, returning a specific portion of personal gain back to His work, and belief in One and only One true God, it is irreverent to Him to pick and choose which of these will be followed. These are my beliefs only and not a shoe to be tried on to see if it fits anyone else."

I specifically stated this as my own personal belief.
Why insert the part about picking and choosing though? Did I say you picked and chose what to follow? You are NOT speaking of your own personal belief again I say because you MADE that assertion about us earlier, yet later denied doing so. DO I need to repost your initial post?

Quote:
Your reply:

Again, who was picking and choosing? That is again the second time you are implying something that is untrue. You are making a veiled accusation. We don't pick and choose. We do them!

So, since I only stated a personal belief, and referred to nobody, you may answer your own question.
See above

Quote:
The beliefs that I wanted to state are stated. You are now free to continue to focus on spending your time spreading hate, bigotry, and criticism of other cultures and religions while your country and community crumbles around you. Best of luck. Believe it or not, I'm sad for you.
See? Again you make an assertion that is unsubstantiated and even more is a veiled attempt at insult. We did not spread hate or bigotry, but we DID level criticisms. BTW if you pay attention we criticize our own country and community too. See your posts are full of assertions about us but you turn around and deny it.
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,760
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

As stated, I yield. Best wishes to you and yours.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,760
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Prax:

I have identified some possible contradictions in the Bible. There are I believe NO contradictions in writings inspired by God and untouched by men. I have but cruelly left out chapter and verse because I want you to thoroughly study the mentioned books of the Bible. The study will do you good. While studying, you will hopefully have less time to annoy, browbeat, and verbally bully innocent people. After you are done I have an additional 100 or so for you to address. Most are simple and hopefully can be easily explained to the unlearned.

Please feel free to openly state the contradictions in the Quran. After you address these.

1. David was incited to count the fighting men of Isreal. In 2nd Samuel, God incited him. In I Chronicles, Satan incited him. When they were counted, 2nd Samual says 800,000 and I Chronicles says 1.1 MM.
2. God threatens David with 7 years of famine in 2nd Samuel, 3 years of famine in I Chronicles.
3. Ahaziah was 22 when he began his rule in 2nd Kings. He was 42 in 2nd Chronicles.
4. Jehoiachin was 18 when he began his rule in 2nd Kings, 8 when he began his rule in 2nd Chronicles
5. David's "chief of mighty men" killed 800 men at one time in 2nd Samuel and 300 men at one time in I Chronicles
6. David carried the Ark into Jerusalem AFTER defeating the Philistines in 2nd Samuel. Before defeating them in Chronicles 13/14
7. David captured 1700 horsemen after defeating the King of Zobah in 2nd Samuel, 7000 in I Chronicles.
8. Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses in I Kings. 4000 stalls in 2nd Chronicles.
9. During King Asa's reign Baasha King of Isreal died in the 26th year in I Kings. He was still alive in the 36th year in I chronicles.
10. Solomon appointed 3600 overseers to build the temple in 2nd chronicles. 3300 in I Kings.
11. Solomon built a facility containing 2000 baths in I kings. It had 3000 in 2nd chronicles.
Isrealites freed from Babylonian captivity:
Children of Pahrath-Moab:
2812 Ezra. 2818 Nehemiah
Children of Azgad:
1222 Ezra. 2333 Nehemiah
And so on. The total numbers agree in each book as 42,360, but if you add each individual column from each book Ezra adds to 29,818 and Nehemiah adds to 31,089
There were 200 singers in the assembly in Ezra and 245 in the assembly in Nehemiah.
King Abijah's mother's name was Michaiah, daughter of Uriel in one chapter of 2nd chronicles and Maachah daughter of Absalom in another chapter. Absalom however had only one daughter mentioned whose name was Tamar in 2nd Samuel.
Joshua and the Isrealites captured Jerusalem in Joshua 10 and did not capture it in Joshua 15.
Father of Joseph, husband of Mary was Jacob in Matthew and Heli in Luke
Jesus descended from Solomon in Matthew and from Nathan in Luke
The father of Shealtiel was Jechoniah in Matthew and Neri in Luke
Abiud son of Zerubbabel was the anscestor of Jesus in Matthew and Rhesa son of Zerubbabel in Luke. Neither are mentioned as sons of Zerubbabel in the list in I Chronicles.
Father of Uzziah was Joram in Matthew and Amaziah in 2nd Chronicles
Father of Jechoniah was Josiah in Matthew and Jeholakim in I Chronicles
The angel stated that Jesus would inherit the throne of David in Luke. But Matthew says he is a descendent of Jehoiakim and I Chronicles says "and Jehoiaikim was cursed by god so that none of his descendents can sit upon David's throne" Oops.
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a colt in Mark and Luke and a colt/donkey in Matthew
Simon Peter found out that Jesus was Christ from a heavenly revelation in Matthew, but his brother Andrew told him in John.
Jesus met Simon and Andrew by the Sea of Galilee in Matthew and on the banks of the Jordan in John
Jairus' daughter was dead when he met Jesus in Matthew but not dead / at the point of death in Mark
The disciples were allowed to keep a staff on their journeys in Mark. They were not allowed in Matthew and Luke
Herod thought that Jesus was John the Baptist in Matthew and Mark. He did not in Luke.
John the Baptist recognized Jesus in John. He did not recognize him in Matthew.
Jesus cleansed the temple the day he entered Jerusalem in Matthew. He spent the night in Bethany and cleansed it the next day in Mark
Judas kissed Jesus in Matthew. He did not in John
The curtain in the temple was rent after Jesus died in Matthew and Mark. Before Jesus died in Luke.
Both thieves mocked Jesus in Mark. One mocked, one defended in Luke
Jesus ascended to paradise on the day of crucifixion in Luke. He said to Mary he has not yet ascended (two days later) in John
The apostle Paul and companions on the road to Damascus:
All heard the voice in Acts 9. Not all heard the voice in Acts 22
The companions fell to the ground in Acts 26. They did not in Acts 9
The voice spelled out Paul's duties in Acts 26. The voice told him to go to Damascus in Acts 9.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Thomas Trini Thomas Trini is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,178
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Hey,
Walks in Islam
Here's one question for you. Muslims are always supposed to pray facing Mecca, right? Well, at my job, I've seen them facing to the Northeast (not Mecca), South and West. It's rare that I see them actually facing East. I've seen it at least 6 times.
If facing Mecca is so stinking important, why don't you guys ever have a compass and pray the right way/direction?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,687
Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Prax:

I have identified some possible contradictions in the Bible. There are I believe NO contradictions in writings inspired by God and untouched by men. I have but cruelly left out chapter and verse because I want you to thoroughly study the mentioned books of the Bible. The study will do you good. While studying, you will hopefully have less time to annoy, browbeat, and verbally bully innocent people. After you are done I have an additional 100 or so for you to address. Most are simple and hopefully can be easily explained to the unlearned.
please show me where I browbeat or verbally bullied innocent people, let alone the guilty? There go some more of your accusations you will surely later say you did not do.

I find it ironic you asserted we believe prayer and One God is bad, later say you did not assert that at all, then say you are done, then post an attempt to discredit the very bible you just got finished quoting to show Islam and Christianity are similiar and include rude accusations about me personally.

If you want me to answer questions or have a dialog with you you will need to dispense with the ad hominems
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feminism Part Two Nahum Fellowship Hall 21 03-15-2011 05:22 PM
STANDARDS-The Most Important Part SarahElizabeth Fellowship Hall 5 05-04-2007 07:43 AM
Islam, a religion of peace? Sam Islamic Issues and News 4 04-26-2007 09:44 PM
Why are You a Part of Something You Hate? Nahum Fellowship Hall 94 03-22-2007 07:34 PM
Matthew 18: A Systematic Philosopy for Dealing with Humans and Error--Part One JAnderson The Library 2 03-02-2007 03:38 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.