Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Do Branhamites?...

Here's a thread for those who want quick questions on Branhamism, starting their questions with the words, "Do Branhamites..." Maybe Dr. Vaugn can provide the answers to further educate us.

Do Branhamites allow formal education, or education at all? Past 8th grade? Past high school?

I only ask because I was hearing a former Branhamite speak, and he was saying how he wasn't allowed to get a formal education, and when he wanted to further his studies and whatnot, he had to leave his house at the age of 16.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Re: Do Branhamites?...

Bro. Alex

Some of the most educated folks you will ever meet follow the teachings of Bro. Branham.. I myself graduated High School and College... so did my wife.... these types of rumors are very sad indeed
Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

As one who follows the teaching of the Bible according the Bro Branham, I will say that what you have heard is wrong Brother Alex. and what Dr Vaughn said is true.
We are (most of us) Bible believers, we practice holiness, we believe in receiving the holy ghost. we believe in the gifts of the spirit. Most of what I believe I was taught as a child in the Jesus Name Pentecostal church I grew up in.
Some things Bro Branham taught are different from that but not much.

I will say like most (if not all) beliefs, there are some strange doctrines that have come out of what Bro Branham taught, but that don't mean he taught it. It's just peoples interpretation of things. After all Jesus Christ came preaching a message and then sent Paul to the gentiles...from the day of pentecost until today look what has happened to the word of God....one message has been interpreted into how many denominations?

A long answer to a short question...)
Old 10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator

And, of course, we have Dr. Vaughn's sterling example of what Branhamism is all about.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Registered Member

Ok here goes

I only registered just so i can answer you question. I am an exbranhamite i grew up in their teachings. I am now 24 still very young. Your question was about what branhamites think of education. Well let me say this, Satan gets to the people by telling them a lie right. A lie that is part of a truth. Branhamites will not say DONT EDUCATE YOUR SELF or YOU CAN NOT GO TO SCHOOL they will preach to you that too much education will put reasoning into your life and you will sooner or later stray away from beliving in miracles and will stop having faith and will start looking for logic reasons to everything. All though william branham did not finish school he was a very educated man read a lot and was very well informed. Now these 'branhamites' will teach that education is BAD for you. I had to stop going to school when i was 13 and couldnt work or go to school. I know complete families and churches that have children who have never been in schools that barley know how to read and write. This is not a lie please contact me and i will proof to you of these things I had to run away from home because of this. Yes this is very sad indeed. I was congregating at a branhamite church when the pastor decided that everyone had to now stop going to church and start praying in basements and in their own homes but he would go every monday to collect his tithings.... ???? uhhh yeah. Also there is a group that doesnt believe in sports because william branham said that men would make a god out of a ball, so there for this pastor scolds everyone who would play a sport. I believe william branham was a good man and believe he had the gift of healing. I absolutely detest these branhamites and think its just disgusting to see what these people are doing these people who have made a GOd off of this man. And do what they wish to do to ignorant people and put GODs name upfront
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

I am a strong believer in Bro. Branham! 2 of my 3 children have college degrees. Bro. Branham's children were not made to quit school.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Just curious,

How many Branhamites have ended up in that Homestead place in waco?

Old 01-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Bro. Alex

Some of the most educated folks you will ever meet follow the teachings of Bro. Branham.. I myself graduated High School and College... so did my wife.... these types of rumors are very sad indeed
Didn't he conjure up that Serpent Seed doctrine?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Bro. Alex

Good Dr. How is that education working for you?

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

Did he conjure up the Serpent Seed Doctrine? You might want to read Genesis 3:14-15.
(The Lord God said unto the Serpent......Thy seed)

Even if you would disagree with Bro. Branham on what the Serpent Seed is, I don't think you could say he conjured it up. Whatever it is, there is such a thing.