Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-22-2021, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Re: Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker/The PTL Club Controver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Something something wedding at Cana...something something feasts where wine was mandatory...something something redeem your tithe for money and buy whatever your heart desires even strong drink...
I have heard many times at weddings, it being said that Jesus performed His first miracle at a wedding. But I don’t believe I’ve ever heard what that miracle entailed. It’s almost as if preachers are ashamed of the miracle itself.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
2 Corinthians 3:6 KJVS
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Men will focus on just the written word and not the spirit. Thats why, you’ll have a saint condemn a preacher to hell for collecting tithe, yet will be happy for his Pastor that believes its ok to have a corona beer every now and again.

They look for what the letter says to the “T”, yet they cannot hear nor see what the spirit says.

Maybe Murray Burr said that.......
The hypocrisy of quoting scripture, for supporting your belief that you shouldn’t need scripture to support your doctrine.

The Pharisees don’t have anything on our own Brother Nicodemus 68.

When you preach a sermon?

Do you quote a Bible text?

Why?

Or

Why not?
Old 06-22-2021, 11:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
2 Corinthians 3:6 KJVS
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Men will focus on just the written word and not the spirit. Thats why, you’ll have a saint condemn a preacher to hell for collecting tithe, yet will be happy for his Pastor that believes its ok to have a corona beer every now and again.

They look for what the letter says to the “T”, yet they cannot hear nor see what the spirit says.

Maybe Murray Burr said that.......
Just come on out and say it: you don't follow the Bible. It is not the final authority for faith and practice as far as you are concerned. You are far more spiritual than to need some dusty old book.

Or, you can get apostolic:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Acts 17:11 KJV
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Isaiah 8:20 KJV
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Psalm 119:126-130 KJV
It is time for thee, Lord, to work: for they have made void thy law. [127] Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. [128] Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way. [129] Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them. [130] The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Psalm 119:103-105 KJV
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! [104] Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. [105] Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Proverbs 1:22-23 KJV
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? [23] Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

John 6:63 KJV
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Matthew 4:4 KJV
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-22-2021, 11:36 PM
New User

So… make it up as you go… just blame the spirit… sounds like that’s what some people are doing.

“I don’t have scripture, but the spirit….”

Well, what spirit, exactly?

SMH!

Old 06-22-2021, 11:38 PM
New User

No scriptural witness against beards, so accuse some church somewhere that may not even exist of advocating for marijuana consumption.

Catch any herring lately? See any straw men?
Old 06-22-2021, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Nicodemus, did you outgrow the Bible?
Old 06-23-2021, 04:50 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Angry Re: Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker/The PTL Club Controver

The real tragedy is when church people will condemn a plant that the Lord made and called good(Genesis 1:11-12 if you need a refresher...it says good right at the end and there isnt an addendum that says that the ole devil snuck in a few plants of his own)...but dont have a problem doctor shopping to score more vicodin they are addicted to and get indignant when the doc calls them out on it after a drug test...true story...and the reason I know is because its family...

God didnt change his mind to support the DEA and say, "Whoops...guess I shouldnt have made that and called it good."

There are uses and benefits in much of Gods creation and most can be abused as well if used improperly.

Stop letting government policy dictate your theology.

Gluttony is also a sin...but it doesn't mean that eating a cupcake is gonna send me to the hot place.

Some of you need some self control in your life.

Im not saying you need to shoot up heroin to test your temperance...but what I AM saying is making blanket statements that basically condemn anything not prescribed by a physician and sanctioned by the government is tantmount to heresy because you have elevated the pharmaceutical INDUSTRY and the PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX as your high priest that dictates whether or not something will send you to the hot place.

My goodness...if a PTSD suffering vet can have something thats natural instead of man created poisons and it keeps him level headed and sane long enough not to eat his gun...maybe he will survive long enough for some of you to get to him and win him to the Lord and then let God deal with him about it.

And before you start making accusations Id be happy to drug test for any of you. 🤣
Old 06-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Poor Jim and Tammy getting sidelined in their own thread.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:02 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Poor Jim and Tammy getting sidelined in their own thread.

*Cries in purple and pink hair and running mascara.*
Old 06-23-2021, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
*Cries in purple and pink hair and running mascara.*
More like Jan Crouch than Tammy Faye, but still funny.

I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.