Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you still support the War in Iraq?
Yes 100% 8 19.51%
No 13 31.71%
I have never supported this War. Bring the troops home. 10 24.39%
I still support the War but feel it needs new direction. 10 24.39%
I don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
There is a BIGGGG difference between supporting a war and supporting the men who serve in a war.... one can easily a) not support a war due to its tactically-flawed strategies and no clearly-defined closure, yet b) support every soldier who bravely fight serving their country.... trust me, i have stood on the platform numerous times and called our church to prayer for our US soldiers and those that are serving associated with our church....

as a matter of fact, one of the drummers in your very own church previously served a LONNNNGGG tour over there....
i am well aware of him being over there, i play ball with him every week, and i have a young man from my ss class that is there now a proud Marine, i just have a hard time, not with what you are saying, but the rhetoric of the left in this country , because what they say is demeaning and not supportive of the troops, that is all, dt
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Well, I voted Republican the last election and was very much in favor of the war, at first. It just seems that we have become too entangled in Iraq to be able to find a graceful way of exiting. It's time for the Iraqis to govern themselves in every way. The current government needs to stand or fall on its own.
ummmm thats the whole point though.... it's really not strong enough militarily to stand on its own and thus needs military support.... so its a Catch 22....

style of enemies is guerrilla-warfare.... the mobility of these people, combined with their ability to successfully "blend" with civilian population, makes them shadows that come and go.... with no military combat unit to target....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
ummmm thats the whole point though.... it's really not strong enough militarily to stand on its own and thus needs military support.... so its a Catch 22....

style of enemies is guerrilla-warfare.... the mobility of these people, combined with their ability to successfully "blend" with civilian population, makes them shadows that come and go.... with no military combat unit to target....
Malvaro, it has gotten to the point that we are policing a civil war. We need to get out and let that civil war play itself out, without our interference.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
i am well aware of him being over there, i play ball with him every week, and i have a young man from my ss class that is there now a proud Marine, i just have a hard time, not with what you are saying, but the rhetoric of the left in this country , because what they say is demeaning and not supportive of the troops, that is all, dt
I didn't appreciate you calling me a Democrat.... I have voted Republican party since I have been old enough to vote, and venomously disagree with the Democratic party on many, if not all, their moral stances....

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 07-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Malvaro, it has gotten to the point that we are policing a civil war. We need to get out and let that civil war play itself out, without our interference.
the biggest problem gentlemen is that public opinion in this country is so easily swayed, you hit it on the head with there tactics, it is policing, the fact is that our guys are caught in the middle, i believe in what they are trying to do, but the media makes our guys out to be murderers and bullies, and awful lot, not good , best to get out and let them sort it out, not the best for them but for us, dt
Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
the biggest problem gentlemen is that public opinion in this country is so easily swayed, you hit it on the head with there tactics, it is policing, the fact is that our guys are caught in the middle, i believe in what they are trying to do, but the media makes our guys out to be murderers and bullies, and awful lot, not good , best to get out and let them sort it out, not the best for them but for us, dt
DT, we just lack the will for an extended conflict.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I didn't appreciate you calling me a Democrat.... I have voted Republican party since I have been old enough to vote, and venomously disagree with the Democratic party on many, if not all, their moral stances....
i am glad to hear that, dt
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
DT, we just lack the will for an extended conflict.
rico, you are correct, this country doesnt have the will for any thing, you have politicians running around right now saying there is no global war on terror, as john wayne said, we will rhue the day, we believe that, lol,dt
Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
i am glad to hear that, dt
aren't you missing something??

Old 07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

War is wrong. We should all be non-resistant and let hell take over and kill us all.