Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
yes I KNOW that was what you were speaking about and I was in agreement. My point was you can have that sort of moral center and STILL think it acceptable to kill someone in the name of religion

Well it was obvious from the get go that "good Muslim" meant the more conservative and even moderate of the religion.

One of the things that has to be realized is their theology. What the Curran says.

Secondly, as I stated before, its' the goal of all Muslims to spread Islam world wide, they just don't all agree on the method

I would recommend reading a book called "Because They Hate", which is about Islamic extremists, not all Muslims.
Author is Brigitte Gabriel

I'll post some info though so you get the point of her book,
This is her site
http://www.americancongressfortruth.com/archives.aspx

Her experience is as a Lebanese growing up a Christian girl in Lebanon
Here are some you tube clips
[YT="Part 1 Brigitte Gabriel"]-8fa9yKQeTY[/yt]

[yt="Part 2"]X0gBTEwATwU[/yt]

[yt="Part 3"]-sL54rHPwqA[/yt]

[yt="Part 4"]PHYyu4vsZ6Y[/yt]

[yt="Part 5"]dgqXYUs3h7Q[/yt]

[yt="Part 6"]Udib2U0_mPg[/yt]

[yt="Part 7 Final"]SUmayTNRLg0[/yt]

This was a real eye opener!!! Everyone should take the time to view the entire presentation in order to garner a greater understanding or what has happened to the Muslim agenda on our soil.

Thanks for sharing these video clips.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Sorry for communicating in a way that leaves you feeling misunderstood. I am actually learning something tonight. I have begun to watch the videos you put up. Very interesting but my husband wants me to watch something with him now. Perhaps another time...
Newman I have to find this article about Political Islam. As I said I think most Muslims are really just pawns.

Do a study on the topic "Political Islam"

It's very interesting

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Hey! I noticed this too. I think it is a problem when the new folks don't learn the new language. There is much that can be said for America as a melting pot as opposed to a chunky salad.
I am hispanic, and can communicate with Spanish speaking people, but I absolutely hate it that they will not learn English. I've said it before, and I will say it again, my grandparents made sure they learned English when they came Stateside way back when. They never really mastered the language, but they never expected anyone to change street signs, store signs, radio and tv ads, just to suit their unwillingness to learn the language. Why hispanic folks will not learn the language is beyond me and I consider it an embarassment.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I am hispanic, and can communicate with Spanish speaking people, but I absolutely hate it that they will not learn English. I've said it before, and I will say it again, my grandparents made sure they learned English when they came Stateside way back when. They never really mastered the language, but they never expected anyone to change street signs, store signs, radio and tv ads, just to suit their unwillingness to learn the language. Why hispanic folks will not learn the language is beyond me and I consider it an embarassment.
My roomate/landlord is the same way. I have another roomie that is here from El Salvadore...he speaks pretty good english and he is here legally to boot!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
My roomate/landlord is the same way. I have another roomie that is here from El Salvadore...he speaks pretty good english and he is here legally to boot!
Depending on how a person behaves and works to contribute to our society, I am cautiously ok with some folks being here illegally. By that I mean if someone comes here, gets a job, grows some roots, and generally contributes to what makes America great then my attitude is more forgiving towards them being here illegally. I still think it's wrong and they should do whatever they can to get papers, but I can understand someone wanting to come here to make a better life for themself and their family. It's the ones who come here with no intent other than to live in a house jam packed with other illegals, with no intention of ever doing anything other than sending as much back to wherever they came from that get no mercy from me.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Go Dodgers!

Part 4 especially is good

Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Brother Strange

I remember Lebanon very well in the 1960s, I was there. She is telling the truth, the absolute truth. I remember Lebanon exactly as she is describing it.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

Where are the moderate Muslims? She answers in part 4 and 5....so far

Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Brother Strange

My God!

These videos blow my mind!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
Hate is hate. Usually unproductive and ill-informed. My son went to an international high school which had a significant number of Muslim students. I know of none that hated America and the few I got to know well, cut and bleed just like us.

And the reality was that most of the Muslims my son went to school with had a moral center that surpassed the average Americans (rather they claim to be Christian or not).

Nevertheless, morality doesn't a saved person make. The Muslims need to be won to Christ through friendship and prayer (just like anyone else). Christ died for them too.

But in the meantime; the concept of America is more inclusive than a group of people who only believe one way about God. Afterall, that was the oppression that the pilgrims escaped from in England, was it not?
You know I was thinking about this thread while on my treadmill this morning. I am currently reading a book called "Why I am a muslim" written by an american woman who was raised a muslim (in America).

And to be honest, the things that she writes is so far different than any impression I have ever gotten about Islam from the media, or Christian apologetics. And I started thinking, would I agree with the view of Christianity that muslims get from televangelists, or the pronouncements of the Pope, or their mormon co-worker, or 7th day adventist neighbor?

I mean seriously, even among apostolics we can't agree on what parts of the Bible are cultural and which are for today. What qualifies us to judge the religious writings and beliefs of a faith we are not apart of? Can we really judge the majority of muslims based on the taliban or al queda? Based on the extremists and fundamentalists?