Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

perspective

Perspective

Let us grant for a moment that the Bible is true, as this author believes. Not only true, but pure and living. The very words of almighty God. We are therein taught that in the last days people will run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. This is a snap-shot of us … the people alive on the planet earth today. This increased travel and knowledge cannot be said of 5,800 years of human history back to Adam. We are that prophesied generation running to and fro, and the astounding increase in our knowledge appears to have no end in sight. Easily the greatest gift that this increase in knowledge has yielded, is a perspective unparalleled in human history.
At today’s blistering progress in discovery and knowledge, we now know that there are trillions of galaxies out there in the universe. Now a galaxy is no small thing. Recall that one light year equals @ 6 trillion miles. We can’t even wrap our brain around one trillion miles, let alone six trillion. Our milky way galaxy …. Where we live … is estimated to be @ 200,000 light years in diameter, and holds billions upon untold billions of stars. And though we are large beyond our wildest imagination, we are still but a single galaxy … and a medium sized one at that.
The entire history of humanity has never had this knowledge of the endless largeness we find ourselves afloat in, nor the humbling perspective that comes with it. We fade to microscopic insignificance in such vastness. What is beyond amazing is that of all the uncountable stars in all of the uncountable galaxies in this universe, Jesus selected our sun … our star … as the center of our obscure nine-planet solar system. On the orion arm of our mid-sized milky way galaxy, we are smaller than a single grain of sand amongst all of the sand in all of the seas and seashores upon the earth. Furthermore, on the third rock from the sun in that tiny solar system, Jesus shined light into the darkness, and breathed life into the Earth. Life, of all things, in an infinite lifeless universe. Out of trillions and gazillions and untold billions of lifeless galaxies, stars, planets, black holes and empty space, he chose here on this Earth to create life. How precious and rare then, life is. Even the lowly blade of grass is to be celebrated.
Having chosen this obscure Earth, and creating the astounding variety of plant and animal life around us, he then created the most magnificent being imaginable: man. The only form of life able to grow in knowledge, enter into perspective, and behold the extreme greatness of my Lord, and the blessed rarity, and beauty, and sheer masterpiece of God, that earth life is. No wonder He beheld everything that He had made and declared it all to be “very good.”
That pure and living word also suggests that there are at least as many invisible, spiritual sons of God as there are galaxies and stars and planets. That spiritual world, where my Lord now abides, is infinitely more populated than the Earth ever could be. And this infinite cloud of witnesses can all see this rare blue jewel we call life on Earth. What a spectacle we must be to them.
So at the resurrection of Jesus, the Christ of God, the dizzying heights he reached when he disappeared in the clouds can scarce be told. Higher than every son of God, every angel and spirit and four-sided beast, and every elder and cherub and seraphim, Jesus Christ is King of all Kings, and Lord of a trillion Lords.
But these amazing revelations in all of this perspective pale in comparison to a single event. In our milky way galaxy tucked away in an immeasurable universe, God chose here on Earth for the birth of His only begotten son. What a miracle: not only that this happened 2,000 years ago, but this last generation has grown to a perspective to understand its significance. Life alone was already the rarest of rare in an infinite, lifeless universe. But now the creator of the vast infinity chooses here, on our tiny blue dot, for the birth of the only begotten son of God. Amongst the uncountable number of the sons of God who assemble for meeting before His throne, only one is begotten. What a marvel to behold from the angelic seats. He is risen, He is glorified, and He calls all the stars by name.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: perspective

Good article. However, the universe is not an infinite void filled with infinite galaxies of giant stars, with earth being an infinitesimal speck in one of a gazillion solar systems. Modern cosmology is entirely wrong.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Good article. However, the universe is not an infinite void filled with infinite galaxies of giant stars, with earth being an infinitesimal speck in one of a gazillion solar systems. Modern cosmology is entirely wrong.
ok, so exactly how big is it out there? is there really a moon? is our solar system real? are the stars really out there?
Old 08-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
ok, so exactly how big is it out there? is there really a moon? is our solar system real? are the stars really out there?
Is there really a moon? Stars? Really?

I'm saying they are real, but are not what Bill Nye says they are.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-22-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is there really a moon? Stars? Really?

I'm saying they are real, but are not what Bill Nye says they are.
not a follower of bill nye, so I don't really know what he says. I guess my question is where do you draw the line between real and a hoax when it comes to the universe? our milky way? Andromeda?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
not a follower of bill nye, so I don't really know what he says. I guess my question is where do you draw the line between real and a hoax when it comes to the universe? our milky way? Andromeda?
The religion of "modern science" claims the earth is a ball in orbit around a star, one of trillions of stars orbiting a center of unknown quality in a galaxy, which is one of many galaxies in a local galactic group, one of many local groups in a galactic supergroup, ad infinitum. I believe this is false.

I believe there is the earth, a firmament in which the sun, moon, and stars are placed, which surrounds the earth and in which those celestial lights move. Man, being the image of God, is at the center of creation. Therefore, earth is not just one tiny speck among gazillions of other specks located in no particularly important place in a literally infinite sea of 98% nothingness. Rather, it is at the very center of God's creation.

The same people who draw you fake pics of galaxies upon galaxies and stars and planets also draw you fake pictures of "missing links" between monkeys and humans and fake pics of giant anatomically impossible lizards whose recently made plaster-and-cement "bones" are on display in museums around the world.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The religion of "modern science" claims the earth is a ball in orbit around a star, one of trillions of stars orbiting a center of unknown quality in a galaxy, which is one of many galaxies in a local galactic group, one of many local groups in a galactic supergroup, ad infinitum. I believe this is false.

I believe there is the earth, a firmament in which the sun, moon, and stars are placed, which surrounds the earth and in which those celestial lights move. Man, being the image of God, is at the center of creation. Therefore, earth is not just one tiny speck among gazillions of other specks located in no particularly important place in a literally infinite sea of 98% nothingness. Rather, it is at the very center of God's creation.

The same people who draw you fake pics of galaxies upon galaxies and stars and planets also draw you fake pictures of "missing links" between monkeys and humans and fake pics of giant anatomically impossible lizards whose recently made plaster-and-cement "bones" are on display in museums around the world.
I quite agree that the earth is at the very center of creation. life is only here. the only begotten son of God was born of a virgin here. the earth is at the very center of God's focus and his love. I also believe that the only life relevant to us is from adam forward. but I am a bit shocked that a man who's incredible wisdom and knowledge I highly esteem, would discount the astronomical discoveries that our increase in knowledge, science, and mathematics have revealed about the universe. still can't determine from your post where you draw the line between real and a cleverly crafted hoax. do you only believe in those stars observable with the naked eye? do you believe telescopes are a part of the hoax? do you believe there is a milky way galaxy? other galaxies?
Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I quite agree that the earth is at the very center of creation. life is only here. the only begotten son of God was born of a virgin here. the earth is at the very center of God's focus and his love. I also believe that the only life relevant to us is from adam forward. but I am a bit shocked that a man who's incredible wisdom and knowledge I highly esteem, would discount the astronomical discoveries that our increase in knowledge, science, and mathematics have revealed about the universe. still can't determine from your post where you draw the line between real and a cleverly crafted hoax. do you only believe in those stars observable with the naked eye? do you believe telescopes are a part of the hoax? do you believe there is a milky way galaxy? other galaxies?
I think you aren't understanding me.

I didnt say there is no Milky Way. I do not agree that is what we are told it is. Those "scientific discoveries" include manmade global warming and evolution.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Perspective

Let us grant for a moment that the Bible is true, as this author believes. Not only true, but pure and living. The very words of almighty God. We are therein taught that in the last days people will run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. This is a snap-shot of us … the people alive on the planet earth today. This increased travel and knowledge cannot be said of 5,800 years of human history back to Adam. We are that prophesied generation running to and fro, and the astounding increase in our knowledge appears to have no end in sight. Easily the greatest gift that this increase in knowledge has yielded, is a perspective unparalleled in human history.
Actually, that is not what Daniel 12 meant by knowledge increasing in last days. It meant understand what the visions he saw would be increased in the last days. And John saw the Revelation and was told to not seal it because the time was at hand. IOW, he was in the last days. Hebrews 1:1-2 says the last days were the time Hebrews was written in the first century. Daniel was not allowed to know so it was sealed. It was unsealed in John's day. It has nothing really to do with scientific knowledge.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 08-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Actually, that is not what Daniel 12 meant by knowledge increasing in last days. It meant understand what the visions he saw would be increased in the last days. And John saw the Revelation and was told to not seal it because the time was at hand. IOW, he was in the last days. Hebrews 1:1-2 says the last days were the time Hebrews was written in the first century. Daniel was not allowed to know so it was sealed. It was unsealed in John's day. It has nothing really to do with scientific knowledge.
Do you agree with Gill:

“...but it is best to understand this of the last days of the Mosaic economy, or Jewish dispensation.”, because of the Gospel Dispensation?