Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Superheros are evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
What would be real cool is if we could just drop the pretense, get these guys to choose up sides, put on boxing gloves and have a free for all. last man standing wins! (it is what most of them want anyway)
It's really not quite that bad...

Old 05-13-2007, 08:59 PM

If CA forms additional districts, I assume there will be a District Super in ever formed district? Does anyone have any idea who these guys would be?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
The Actual Application also mentions a "Home Missions District" for Southern Nevada- Las Vegas. Also there are rumors to create a "Northern California District."

DA said it correctly- should be interesting.
I have heard the same rumors for forming a Northern California District...however, there is a process for that to happen. I think it is "talk" at this point, but not to the point of presenting the formation to the General Board and then to the District which would be impacted.

"Home Missions District" that is odd. Wonder how this would work...really.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "GL" View Post
Expound on this one, please.

Where would the lines be drawn?
Just in case it has not been mentioned.....the talk is about forming a Northern California district from Sacramento up.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
If CA forms additional districts, I assume there will be a District Super in ever formed district? Does anyone have any idea who these guys would be?
The Western District will vote on a new District Superintendent this week at the District Conference. The Southern California District, once voted on (as it has already been presented and approved by the General Board of the UPCI) should be able to start their elections shortly thereafter. If I was to guess on who a DS for the Southern California District....my bet is on 3 men....Howard Davis, Tom Copple and Dan Butler.

The Northern California campaign is spear-headed by an individual who wants to be the next DS of the Western District.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by "GL" View Post
It's really not quite that bad...

uhm. yes it is.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
The Western District will vote on a new District Superintendent this week at the District Conference. The Southern California District, once voted on (as it has already been presented and approved by the General Board of the UPCI) should be able to start their elections shortly thereafter. If I was to guess on who a DS for the Southern California District....my bet is on 3 men....Howard Davis, Tom Copple and Dan Butler.

The Northern California campaign is spear-headed by an individual who wants to be the next DS of the Western District.
Two of those three I went to JCM with many years ago. Tom and Tony Copple were both great guys. It was good getting to see Tony at the JCM reunion two years ago as I had not seen him for about 25 years.

Dan Butler has always been an intellectual and a gentleman. I last saw him at the 1999 GC here in Nashville. I not only went to school with him but also his brother Jeff Butler who has slightly different theological views than Dan!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post

SoCali........ so if I understand your post correctly. The entire Western Dist, as it is now, will vote on the man to replace Brother Mullins? And then AFTER that, the vote will be whether to divide the district - And THEN the new district will vote on their officials? Hm.m.m.m.

Do you mind giving the initials of the man you referred to as wanting to be the next WD Supt? Thanks!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
SoCali........ so if I understand your post correctly. The entire Western Dist, as it is now, will vote on the man to replace Brother Mullins? And then AFTER that, the vote will be whether to divide the district - And THEN the new district will vote on their officials? Hm.m.m.m.
!

Not only new DS, but two new presbyters were elected this year. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the rumor is some want to do it again in 1-2 yrs to create a Northern California District.

At least they will have good music there with Thad playing. I hope he can do the 1812 Overture for the Fireworks!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
Not only new DS, but two new presbyters were elected this year. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the rumor is some want to do it again in 1-2 yrs to create a Northern California District.

At least they will have good music there with Thad playing. I hope he can do the 1812 Overture for the Fireworks!
As is usually the case in WD discussions, I wonder about my former Bishop...do you happen to know how he figures in to any of this?!

I know in many areas he is UC...for example, for strongly against TV, yet in other areas he has changed quite a bit (especially I think since the the younger elder became pastor).

Of course, this is how I see it from here...what is the view from out there?!