Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Christmas 2009

Kid's Christmas Musicals

Did your church do a kid's musical this year? We do one every year, and ours was tonight. We did "A King is Coming to Town". Very cute and very touching at the end. I'm always amazed at the musical talent that you can get from kids under 12. We had a solo by a 7 year old that blew me away! (She also got baptized this morning, so it was a special day for her.)

I have directed them in the past, but the last several years, I have just got to sit back and enjoy. Those kids and their mistakes are what makes the whole show memorable! I have all the videos from when my kids were in them, starting back in about 1987.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Re: Kid's Christmas Musicals

Ours will be Tuesday Dec 23 @ 7pm. both of my daughters are working with the kids... they say it is going to be good.

Last year during the children's Christmas program, they had a stable scene with Joseph & Mary with baby Jesus. Joseph was 4 and Mary was 3. They looked so cute. In order to keep them sitting there still for so long-- one of the mom's was hidden behind the stable and she would reach around the side occasionally and give them a little candy reward. Once she waited too long between rewards, and "Mary" got up and went around the stable demanding her candy! That was just the beginning. "Mary" did a few other interesting things that were highly entertaining and pretty much stole the show.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:41 PM
First Lady

The last time we did one was when my oldest boy was......5 I believe. We came home from practice the night before and he was on the couch crouched in a "frog" position and getting ready to jump and I came through with supper ready to sit on the table and I looked over and saw him and said, "Colton, don't you jump off that couch like that" and it no more than got out of my mouth and I heard this loud "clap", and he let out a yelp and my brother-in-law said, "Oh no, he broke his arm." I dropped the pan on the table and turned around and had a fit. He was sitting in the floor crying holding his arm and then Daddy started yelling at him (it scared him pretty bad and also made him sick, so he reacted badly) I snatched Colton up off the floor and told my brother in law "Come on Mike take me to the hospital." My husband is diabetic and had already had his shot, so he HAD to eat. So Mike pulled on his sock hat and grabbed the keys and out the door we went. Colton didn't have shoes on or even a coat. I just wrapped him in mine and away we went.

So the next day at the play, my husband said, "Well, folks, we had a problem with one of the camels. He threw one of the wise men off and he broke his arm." Well, out came Colton and the other two "wise men", Colton had his arm in a sling, held over his head. He kept knocking off his crown and finally got disgusted with it and brought to me and went back up on stage and just kinda wandered around. (we had given him medicine for pain just before the program started and he didn't want to go to sleep, so he kept moving.) So he was wandering around the platform with his arm held above his head, as the doctor told him to keep it "belevated". He was soooo cute.

It was funny and extremely entertaining, but I haven't had the guts to do one since.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
The last time we did one was when my oldest boy was......5 I believe. We came home from practice the night before and he was on the couch crouched in a "frog" position and getting ready to jump and I came through with supper ready to sit on the table and I looked over and saw him and said, "Colton, don't you jump off that couch like that" and it no more than got out of my mouth and I heard this loud "clap", and he let out a yelp and my brother-in-law said, "Oh no, he broke his arm." I dropped the pan on the table and turned around and had a fit. He was sitting in the floor crying holding his arm and then Daddy started yelling at him (it scared him pretty bad and also made him sick, so he reacted badly) I snatched Colton up off the floor and told my brother in law "Come on Mike take me to the hospital." My husband is diabetic and had already had his shot, so he HAD to eat. So Mike pulled on his sock hat and grabbed the keys and out the door we went. Colton didn't have shoes on or even a coat. I just wrapped him in mine and away we went.

So the next day at the play, my husband said, "Well, folks, we had a problem with one of the camels. He threw one of the wise men off and he broke his arm." Well, out came Colton and the other two "wise men", Colton had his arm in a sling, held over his head. He kept knocking off his crown and finally got disgusted with it and brought to me and went back up on stage and just kinda wandered around. (we had given him medicine for pain just before the program started and he didn't want to go to sleep, so he kept moving.) So he was wandering around the platform with his arm held above his head, as the doctor told him to keep it "belevated". He was soooo cute.

It was funny and extremely entertaining, but I haven't had the guts to do one since.
Oh wow.........you just made my morning. I'm sitting here cracking up.