Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF back to UPCI

All I gotta say is corporate church politics is as bad government politics, if not worse. The bigger the church/organization, the bigger the problems 'cause the focus turns from saving the world to saving the church/organziational body. God help us!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Nope.
Agreed. Power and notoriety are hard to pass up.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
All I gotta say is corporate church politics is as bad government politics, if not worse. The bigger the church/organization, the bigger the problems 'cause the focus turns from saving the world to saving the church/organziational body. God help us!
God Save The Superintendent?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
If people left the UPCI for the WPF due to what they saw as a slipping away of the standards, etc. then of do you think they'll return since the UPCI began reaffirming its stand for the protection of those issues? I think a lot of people have too many ties to the UPCI to be apart of the WPF which is now very similar. I also believe that many of the moderate/conservative preaches left because they weren't sure where the UPCI was trying to stand on the holiness issues. Now that the UPCI is declaring their stance I think the returns are inevitable. What do you ladies and gentlemen think?
I think it may be for the reason of little yellow envelopes.
floating away in the breeze....
Old 02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
I don't think they will ever go back as a whole, simply because of "positions". I agree that the two orginizations are all but mirror images of each other, whatever doctrinal differences there are within the WPF and UPC already exist within the UPC itself, they are minor differences.

I hope I am wrong, I think the more unity we have the stronger God's church is. However, I am neither UPC or WPF, if fact I don't belong to any denomination, denominations simply divide God's people over trivial issues and personal preferences.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

some will return. I don't think they left because of the standards. I think they left because they didn't want to be under the authority of the UPC and I doubt they'll be satisfied in the WPF for long. There are always exceptions, but real men and women fix problems, they don't go running away and create competitive organizations. I am certainly no apologist for the UPC, but I know people, and I know rebellion. The reason they preach so much in the WPF about supporting the pastor has more to do with fear of losing members to the UPC or their own guilt about leaving the body than genuine ministering to saints.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Saved By Grace

God Bless the WPF, daughter work of the UPC...

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Sister Alvear

May God help us all to win souls...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Perhaps the UPC/PAW/AMF/WPF/ETC will become united as part of the great harlot during the tribulation period?

As far as the second thought, God HAS a Church, and in His sight She IS without spot, blemish, or wrinkle because She has been washed in His blood and is clothed in His holiness.
PAW will jump first.

The Board of Bishops is meeting soon (this week I think?). So I have been hearing to discuss adopting the Roman "mitre" (the pope caps) and the staff, and all that foolishness. It will make our annual conventions look like a meeting of shouting catholic rejects.

I'm expecting the organization to adopt these traits and for some of the FEW conservative Bishops and their councils to consider leaving. They are also voting on whether or not the org will continue to stand for three-step salvation. I fully expect if they decide to no longer preach three-step many conservatives in PAW will leave.