Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I love my mother, it's fervent, but I would never describe it as "hot, burning love". Only my wife would hear me say that.

I love God, too. Even more than I love my wife. I love God so much I literally became homeless to find Him. But "hot, burning love"? That's not the terminology I would use.

That sounds pretty gay to me. I'm not saying guys who think in those terms are gay, but I guarantee you if I heard a preacher going on about a "hot burning love" for Jesus I'd keep my distance, and certainly would keep my wife and kids away from such a guy.

It sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing I'd expect a catholic priest to sermonise about.
Mark 12:28-29

28And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

So what are you all arguing about? The video I posted has nothing to do with "gay" or "sex" PERIOD.

It has to do with loving God in the secret place.

I will go on record that I LOVE JESUS CHRIST.

I tell him that to his face daily. I have no plans to stop loving him.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

28And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

So what are you all arguing about? The video I posted has nothing to do with "gay" or "sex" PERIOD.

We're not talking about the video you posted.

"In the secret place"? Where is that?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-19-2018, 09:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Mike, I have a very good friend who is a religious individual. He is so hard to deal with, and never is he wrong. Mike, I told you twice that we were discussing the video I posted in this thread. I said that to you twice. But you are off somewhere else, and as far as you going on record that you love Jesus Christ? Passive aggressively means that we don't love Jesus Christ, due to you stating in bold font that you do. That also wasn't the issue. You went off with the whole you love Jesus with a burning hot love? It was asked to you, do you love your enemy with a burning hot love? Do you love me with a burning hot love, and if the answer is no then why? Mike, take some time to figure out what God really wants you to do with your retirement. Because no sleep, and too much non interaction with live breathing saints of God can give you a jaded view on the Apostolic movement.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike, I told you twice that we were discussing the video I posted in this thread. I said that to you twice.
Thats the problem. I started this thread. The purpose was as I have always thought the music section of the Forum was for the blessing of believers to enjoy music that honors Christ.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, I have a very good friend who is a religious individual. He is so hard to deal with, and never is he wrong. Mike, I told you twice that we were discussing the video I posted in this thread. I said that to you twice. But you are off somewhere else, and as far as you going on record that you love Jesus Christ? Passive aggressively means that we don't love Jesus Christ, due to you stating in bold font that you do. That also wasn't the issue. You went off with the whole you love Jesus with a burning hot love? It was asked to you, do you love your enemy with a burning hot love? Do you love me with a burning hot love, and if the answer is no then why? Mike, take some time to figure out what God really wants you to do with your retirement. Because no sleep, and too much non interaction with live breathing saints of God can give you a jaded view on the Apostolic movement.
Do you love Jesus Christ? Do you TELL HIM.....that you love him?

Thats all this is about. Telling Jesus we love him, or singing it to him.

Thats it.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Do you love Jesus Christ? Do you TELL HIM.....that you love him?

Thats all this is about. Telling Jesus we love him, or singing it to him.

Thats it.
Wait a minute Mike, you turn it out from an Apostolic male saying I love you Jesus. To an Apostolic male saying, "I have a burning hot love for you Jesus." see the difference?
Old 11-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Thats the problem. I started this thread. The purpose was as I have always thought the music section of the Forum was for the blessing of believers to enjoy music that honors Christ.
Mike, has does this negate the fact that we were discussing the video I posted?

How many windows do you have open on your browser? Because you aren't really paying attention here.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wait a minute Mike, you turn it out from an Apostolic male saying I love you Jesus. To an Apostolic male saying, "I have a burning hot love for you Jesus." see the difference?
Dom,

I am saying I love Jesus with a hot, burning, passionate love. I take the three words as meaning the same. I say them all for emphasis.

I am not ashamed of this. I sing to Jesus and tell him I love him.

Try it sometime. Let him tenderize your heart.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike, has does this negate the fact that we were discussing the video I posted?

How many windows do you have open on your browser? Because you aren't really paying attention here.
Is the Music section fair game for disturbing people who may want to enjoy the videos or songs? Maybe take the video you dont like and put it in another section and attack it?

If you are not good with that and enjoy fighting even here is that a good thing?
Old 11-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Dom,

I am saying I love Jesus with a hot, burning, passionate love. I take the three words as meaning the same. I say them all for emphasis.

I am not ashamed of this. I sing to Jesus and tell him I love him.

Try it sometime. Let him tenderize your heart.
Do you have a hot burning passionate love for me?