Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Done figured it out

Finally it hit me: People believe whatever they want to believe, in a literal "Mad Lib, Choose Your Own Adventure" approach. Facts, data, observation? Not relevant.

The reason? Because there are no perceived consequences to said choices. You can believe just about anything you want, no matter how retarded... because there are no realistic, consistent consequences to said choices of "realities" or opinions.

This explains an awful lot regarding human behavior. We have, for example, been highly insulated from consequences of beliefs here in the West. Don't believe like your elders? No problem, no consequences. Don't like mom and dad's view of life? Just move out and carry on. Don't like this or that political party, platform, agenda? No biggie, there's a party, platform, and agenda available for you, free of charge. Or start your own.

Everybody has an opinion, and everybody expresses their opinion, but it might as well be cricket chirps in the background for all the actual difference it makes, at large.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Done figured it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Finally it hit me: People believe whatever they want to believe, in a literal "Mad Lib, Choose Your Own Adventure" approach. Facts, data, observation? Not relevant.

The reason? Because there are no perceived consequences to said choices. You can believe just about anything you want, no matter how retarded... because there are no realistic, consistent consequences to said choices of "realities" or opinions.

This explains an awful lot regarding human behavior. We have, for example, been highly insulated from consequences of beliefs here in the West. Don't believe like your elders? No problem, no consequences. Don't like mom and dad's view of life? Just move out and carry on. Don't like this or that political party, platform, agenda? No biggie, there's a party, platform, and agenda available for you, free of charge. Or start your own.

Everybody has an opinion, and everybody expresses their opinion, but it might as well be cricket chirps in the background for all the actual difference it makes, at large.

Lack of perception of consequences is due to shifting of blame for their predicament.

Always an excuse...always someone elses fault but our own.

"Im like this cause my daddy, momma, pet gilla monster, girl scout leader was like this therefore I dont have to change because of reasons and honestly I cant change because Ive learned to be so comfortable with my sin and filth and society says I need to love myself despite all my atrocities"

The reason people dont want to change is that they are living in a way pleasing to their master and they see holiness as some thing foolish, unnecessary and to be abhorred....just as in opposite as someone who loves a different Master entirely and is sickened by sin and wants no part of it.