Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
Felicity,

You are the bomb. I appreciate this thread, and your response.

Sometimes, burnout can hinder brain process and it's good to have a sounding board.

Thanks, again.
That is so true! Felicity, Sherri...and everyone else gave some great ideas for this thread! Thank you!

On a totally different note...LadyDoonskinner, I'm always looking for easy to play choruses that are easy to teach...that touch the heart...and I remembered you saying how much you like the chorus "I need You more" ... we learned that and it went over very well! God really moved during the song and it was a great blessing to us! Thank you for mentioning that! Now, back to the theme of this thread...more Ladies meeting ideas!!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

I'm going to the Women of Faith Conference in San Antonio this Thurs, Fri and Sat. The theme is "high heels, high hopes and high calling" Wish I could tell you what is is all about but I haven't attended it yet. Sounds like a good theme to work off of. I'm very excited to go! I can post more when I return on Sunday if you are interested.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
I'm going to the Women of Faith Conference in San Antonio this Thurs, Fri and Sat. The theme is "high heels, high hopes and high calling" Wish I could tell you what is is all about but I haven't attended it yet. Sounds like a good theme to work off of. I'm very excited to go! I can post more when I return on Sunday if you are interested.

I'd love to hear more about that smurfette! I hope you'll give us a report!
THanks!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Glad to be of help.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
THanks!
Okay. Will do
Smurfette
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
cowpatty

I'm a newbie here. We have for several years now done an "Ugly Dress Dinner". It is extremely successful, hysterically funny, and is very inexpensive. Visitors loved it too!

PM me if you want details. I have flyers, pics, everything.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpatty View Post
I'm a newbie here. We have for several years now done an "Ugly Dress Dinner". It is extremely successful, hysterically funny, and is very inexpensive. Visitors loved it too!

PM me if you want details. I have flyers, pics, everything.
How fun! Is it what it sounds like? Do you see how ugly you can dress??
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
THanks!
hi becky,
I got back from Womon of Faith last Saturday. I was soooo tired and also had the flu. So now I'm finially getting back with you.

The conference was really good. Charles Shultz, Mandisa, Sandy Patty and Micheal W. Smith sang. They were all great. Might be kinda hard for ya'll to hire them to come out for one of your ladies events (Hee-Hee)

One of my favorite speakers was Thelma Walsh. She had a box full of shoes. Starting with the black patton leather that a small child would wear. Then over the years worked her way up to a pair of high heels and then down to a pair of comfy flats. What she was doing was describing how her life took on changes about every 12 to 15 years. How you progress with God was how the shoes changed. It was very good the way they put the spiritual application of growth with the different shoe progressions. All women can relate to shoes.

Then another great speaker was the Christian Comedian, Anita Renfroe. She was great and a breath of fresh air. You could get her DVD and play it at one of your ladies events. (We did that at one of our ladies days). Her DVD is called MomSense. Very very good. Hope some of this helps.

God Bless,
smurfette
Old 02-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
THanks!
hi becky,
I got back from Women of Faith last Saturday. I was soooo tired and also had the flu. So now I'm finially getting back with you.

The conference was really good. Charles Shultz, Mandisa, Sandy Patty and Micheal W. Smith sang. They were all great. Might be kinda hard for ya'll to hire them to come out for one of your ladies events (Hee-Hee)

One of my favorite speakers was Thelma Walsh. She had a box full of shoes. Starting with the black patton leather that a small child would wear. Then over the years worked her way up to a pair of high heels and then down to a pair of comfy flats. What she was doing was describing how her life took on changes about every 12 to 15 years. How you progress with God was how the shoes changed. It was very good the way they put the spiritual application of growth with the different shoe progressions. All women can relate to shoes.

Then another great speaker was the Christian Comedian, Anita Renfroe. She was great and a breath of fresh air. You could get her DVD and play it at one of your ladies events. (We did that at one of our ladies days). Her DVD is called MomSense. Very very good. Hope some of this helps.

God Bless,
smurfette