Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
delete account

Post Health and not Vanity!

As most of you know, I was in a near fatal car accident in 1991 which God miraculously healed me from. Since that time I have many issues with my legs, as they sustained the full impact of the accident and I have metal plates and many screws in my right femur and left hip.

I said all that to say, I have a weight restriction on my legs and I am now overwieght, over my limit by 30 pounds. The weight can be attributed to:
1. dx. hypo-thyroidism [for which I take meds],
2. anxiety related to the many transitions I have experienced this past year,i.e., moving from one state to another, changing churches, renewing family relations with my sisters, living with relatives for the first time in 30+ years, changing jobs, and grief and loss related to friendships and even a love interest that went south.
3. over-eating comfort foods
4. not living by a beach or a pool so I can exercise.
5. Sedentary job and lifestyle.
My request is this...please pray for me that I can get my mind wrapped around losing weight if I have to starve myself. I do not want to have to fall in love to do this as has been my past hx.

I do not know how to be a fat person. I was thin until 40, just slightly overweight from 40-47, and now...teetering on obsese. I can't walk and not cause problems with my hips and legs that would end in surgery.

Please pray for me.

Sincerely, Rhoni
Old 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM
My Family!

Find you a Weight Watchers group - it's one of the best ways to change your eating life style and lose weight.

I'm thinking of starting it myself.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Find you a Weight Watchers group - it's one of the best ways to change your eating life style and lose weight.

I'm thinking of starting it myself.
Renda,

I tried that several times and the weight loss is so insignificant for me. I followed it strictly for a month and didn't lose a pound. It is more about metabolism I think. I thought about strict Adkins. I am a meat eater and only have to give up sweets and potatoes.

I need an accountability person...
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Renda,

I tried that several times and the weight loss is so insignificant for me. I followed it strictly for a month and didn't lose a pound. It is more about metabolism I think. I thought about strict Adkins. I am a meat eater and only have to give up sweets and potatoes.

I need an accountability person...

I had good results on the South Beach Diet. Accountability is a good thing. I am not applying for that job, but between here and GNC surely you can find someone to help you.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
I had good results on the South Beach Diet. Accountability is a good thing. I am not applying for that job, but between here and GNC surely you can find someone to help you.

Southbeach is modified Adkins isn't it? Renda, how about you and I doing it together so we can be each other's accountability person...and at the end of 6 months we'll meet in Memphis and celebrate!:sshhh

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Southbeach is modified Adkins isn't it? Renda, how about you and I doing it together so we can be each other's accountability person...and at the end of 6 months we'll meet in Memphis and celebrate!:sshhh

Blessings, Rhoni
Rhoni I know exactly where you are at. I too have gain more weight than ever in my life from too much surgery that has limited my mobility.

I did the South Beach and lost 14 lbs in two weeks. I need to get back on it as soon as I can.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM
delete account

Let's have a diet club...we did once...do we have one on AFF?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
CupCake

Quote:
As most of you know, I was in a near fatal car accident in 1991 which God miraculously healed me from. Since that time I have many issues with my legs, as they sustained the full impact of the accident and I have metal plates and many screws in my right femur and left hip.

I said all that to say, I have a weight restriction on my legs and I am now overwieght, over my limit by 30 pounds. The weight can be attributed to:
2. anxiety related to the many transitions I have experienced this past year,i.e., moving from one state to another, changing churches, renewing family relations with my sisters, living with relatives for the first time in 30+ years, changing jobs, and grief and loss related to friendships and even a love interest that went south.
My request is this...please pray for me that I can get my mind wrapped around losing weight if I have to starve myself. I do not want to have to fall in love to do this as has been my past hx.

I do not know how to be a fat person. I was thin until 40, just slightly overweight from 40-47, and now...teetering on obsese. I can't walk and not cause problems with my hips and legs that would end in surgery.

Please pray for me.

Sincerely, Rhoni

Rhoni;~ Plus Menopause, it's a real kicker when it comes to the weight, you just can't seem to lose it, no matter what. Like yourself I have never had issues with my weight, even after having five kids my weight had always remain at 115, but once I hit 40's and Menopause, different story. I have gained twenty extra pounds over the last three years, no matter how much I workout or don't eat this weight won't go away, this is not easy thing for me to acpect. The doctor says it's just the body way of storing extra Estrogen for later on in life as we age...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:

Please pray for me.

Sincerely, Rhoni
Rhoni,
Your pictures looked fine!!! You are nice, intelligent, a little feisty - what else could a man want?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Ok Sister Rhoni ,who is the dude you want to show out for? HE HE HE J/k