Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Former Pastor Died

I just got word that my former pastor, Bruce Campbell, has died at home. I don't generally make prayer requests, but I am asking y'all to please pray for this church family. Throw one in for me and my family too while you are at it.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I just got word that my former pastor, Bruce Campbell, has died at home. I don't generally make prayer requests, but I am asking y'all to please pray for this church family. Throw one in for me and my family too while you are at it.
Praying for all involved, Brother.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Yes sir Brother Rico.

We just buried a pastor of our past a few weeks ago.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
Praying for all involved, Brother.
Thank you. I am a bit tied up in knots right now. He pretty much drove me nuts when I went to his church, but I stayed at this church for a total of about 10 years, 6 or so of which were under his leadership.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Thank you. I am a bit tied up in knots right now. He pretty much drove me nuts when I went to his church, but I stayed at this church for a total of about 10 years, 6 or so of which were under his leadership.
Praying for ya. I know what it's like to bury a pastor. Mine died in 1988 just 3 days before my birthday and they were going to bury him ON my birthday and then my pastor's wife remembered that that was my bday and changed it, so they buried him the day after. Still kinda rough at times. I loved the man like a father!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Sorry to hear that Rico...

We'll keep your family in Prayer too...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 PM

Just got off the phone with someone from there. Apparently, he just died, less than an hour ago. The coroner hasn't even been to the house yet. The person I talked to was pretty surprised to find out that I knew this quickly. I gotta wait now and see when they will be having services for him and the funeral. He was young, just a few years older than me, actually.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Just got off the phone with someone from there. Apparently, he just died, less than an hour ago. The coroner hasn't even been to the house yet. The person I talked to was pretty surprised to find out that I knew this quickly. I gotta wait now and see when they will be having services for him and the funeral. He was young, just a few years older than me, actually.
How sad!!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
How sad!!

He got a boil or something on his neck, decided to lance it, it got infected, he would not go to the doctor (preaches against them), and died from it. Honestly, I will never understand why some people think doctors are to be avoided. I am shaking my head in disbelief as I type.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 PM
First Lady

Quote:
He got a boil or something on his neck, decided to lance it, it got infected, he would not go to the doctor (preaches against them), and died from it. Honestly, I will never understand why some people think doctors are to be avoided. I am shaking my head in disbelief as I type.
I also, don't understand why they won't go to doctors. He gave them wisdom and knowlege and the understanding to do what they do.

This is extremely sad for the family.