Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Don't Press the "Like" Button in Saudi Arabia

Quote:
Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger whose punishment of 1,000 lashes has prompted international condemnation, may now face the death penalty.
Quote:
In 2013, a judge threw out the charge of apostasy against the 31-year-old blogger after he assured the court that he was a Muslim. The evidence against him had included the fact that he pressed the “Like” button on a Facebook page for Arab Christians.
Good grief. They are so insecure of their false prophet and religion, they freak out over someone "liking" a Christian Facebook page and now, allegedly, want to retry him and impose the death penalty?

To be fair, it's unlikely he'll be put to death over this. I'm even doubtful he'll be retried, since he's already received 50 lashes (over pressing "Like" on a Christian FB page and criticizing SA's clerics.) Plus, he's "reassured the court he's a muslim."

Not sure how you can reassure the court you're a muslim. Maybe he also "liked" a bunch of muslim pages on Facebook.

Last edited by n david; 03-02-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Don't Press the "Like" Button in Saudi Arabia

The Lord warned me in a dream, a few years ago, that Facebook would be used by Muslims as a vehicle to tract down and kill Christians. That certainly is playing out to be true.

Victoria Jackson, conservative activist, was targeted after some remarks she made were taken out of context. Her address was published publicly.

It is beyond me why any person would put up their profile on social media thinking that anything is private. Not just for the above reason, but generally.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Banned

ah, so they are being conditioned to hate us, just as we are being conditioned to hate them--and the people, the hearts, be damned. Good grief indeed. PO, wadr, that was not the Lord, but satan, as the dream is a lie on its face. Islam is not to be used to justify violence--not even the violence done in your post--and every practicing Muslim knows this. Muslims do not track people down and kill them--those are "drones." Most Muslims are preoccupied trying to make it to sundown these days.

The real "good grief" here is the blindness and hypocrisy, wadr. Anyone here going to KSA anytime soon? Know anyone there, any relatives? Doesn't your own religion prohibit TV for pretty much what you are now abusing the web for?

You both live less than 5 miles from a whorehouse, and your daughters--figurative or literal, regardless--are working there. How 'bout we talk about that?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Banned

God, help us. Please judge between me and these, amen.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
ah, so they are being conditioned to hate us, just as we are being conditioned to hate them--and the people, the hearts, be damned. Good grief indeed. PO, wadr, that was not the Lord, but satan, as the dream is a lie on its face.
What I was warned of is coming to pass. That isn't from Satan. If you want to say "extremist" using FB, fine, then that is what is happening.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Banned

ok, ty.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
ah, so they are being conditioned to hate us, just as we are being conditioned to hate them--and the people, the hearts, be damned. Good grief indeed. PO, wadr, that was not the Lord, but satan, as the dream is a lie on its face. Islam is not to be used to justify violence--not even the violence done in your post--and every practicing Muslim knows this. Muslims do not track people down and kill them--those are "drones." Most Muslims are preoccupied trying to make it to sundown these days.
Ah, yes, the "religion of peace." Sorry. When more than just a few clerics and imams start condemning these "islamic extremists," maybe I'll agree. Until then, their silence is approval.

Quote:
The real "good grief" here is the blindness and hypocrisy, wadr. Anyone here going to KSA anytime soon? Know anyone there, any relatives? Doesn't your own religion prohibit TV for pretty much what you are now abusing the web for?
The answer to the question in bold is: No. There are a few organizations which prohibit TV, along with other things. But my religion does not. Also, I'm not part of the UPCI, WPF, WWF, or any other abbreviated organization.

Quote:
You both live less than 5 miles from a whorehouse, and your daughters--figurative or literal, regardless--are working there. How 'bout we talk about that?
You know where I live? Scary! Yeah, no, I don't "live less than 5 miles from a whorehouse."
Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Banned

1) ok, well at least don't assume that because you don't hear about them, they do not exist.

2) touche`, mine neither--as i have none--but we have to consider whether that releases us from the morality of the point i was making, i think.

3) hmm, how do you know? 10 miles, then again, let's not devolve into semantics and miss the point
Old 03-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
1) ok, well at least don't assume that because you don't hear about them, they do not exist.
In this day and age, if one wants to be heard, they will be. Silence is approval.

Quote:
2) touche`, mine neither--as i have none--but we have to consider whether that releases us from the morality of the point i was making, i think.
"Morality of the point?" Let's revisit the comment:

"The real "good grief" here is the blindness and hypocrisy, wadr. Anyone here going to KSA anytime soon? Know anyone there, any relatives? Doesn't your own religion prohibit TV for pretty much what you are now abusing the web for?"

2.a - I'm not sure what the point was. Are you trying to say that if we're not going to KSA, don't know anyone or have relatives from there, we shouldn't talk about the religious persecution or human rights abuses happening there? Also, I haven't been in the UPC for over a decade now, but last I checked, the UPCI didn't sentence people to be flogged or put to death for owning or watching a TV!

Quote:
3) hmm, how do you know? 10 miles, then again, let's not devolve into semantics and miss the point
Okay, we have figurative daughters working at whorehouses all around the US, so let's talk about it. What do you want to say about it?

Last edited by n david; 03-02-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Banned

1) ok well we've done this before, and i can direct you to pages of Muslim condemnation that will not appear in most news sources, so...

2) yes, my point is that we lack the cultural perspective to comment on matters on the other side of the planet, that do not affect us. I am a Christian, and so will never go to KSA, simply because Fools rush in.

3) that it is where our focus might be better placed, as what fruit can the OP here possibly reveal.