Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
amusements parks, braceletes, conservative, earrings, facial hair, hell, necklaces, pro-tv, short hair, standards, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, watch, wedding rings

Old 01-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
And of course we know Caston is a liberal! He mingled with the unclean at Sea World.
LOL! Too bad he can't respond, seeing he was banned from this forum. Too, too bad. :=)
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

To most here, I am a flamin liberal. To the average person in Madison, I'm a Neo-Nazi (and have been called that).
Old 01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
To most here, I am a flamin liberal. To the average person in Madison, I'm a Neo-Nazi (and have been called that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
Reprobates, Ultracons, Cons, Moderates, Liberals, Ultralibs, Reprobates. These are all relative terms. Everybody is somebody elses ________. Even Caston Smith is somebody elses LIBERAL!!! (apologies to Caston)
That's what I'm talkin' about!
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

This place is full of libs. and ultra libs.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
This place is full of libs. and ultra libs.
Oh, can't be - - you are here!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Concerning that long list of bad things you just mentioned above... well, good grief... that's the whole point of voting -- to help elect people who stand for the good, or at least those whose values most closely reflect ours.

You don't have any biblical basis to proclaim that voting is evil. But you know what? You don't believe in voting? Don't vote then. Plain and simple.

Most of us think that it is not evil to participate in the process of electing competent leaders.

Edmund Burke said Evil thrives when good men do nothing. Think about that.
Don't you know the congress runs the country,The only thing the Presdent can do with out congress is go to war and that he did a good job at killing thousand on thousand babies,women and children of Irac people.Like you think you can make the perverted congress change their perverted minds to doing good.You can't even get people in churches to do right,what makes you think we can get good men in congress? Waste of time.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Don't you know the congress runs the country,The only thing the Presdent can do with out congress is go to war and that he did a good job at killing thousand on thousand babies,women and children of Irac people.Like you think you can make the perverted congress change their perverted minds to doing good.You can't even get people in churches to do right,what makes you think we can get good men in congress? Waste of time.
You have already proclaimed that you won't vote again, removing yourself from the process. Therefore, you complaints become invalid and moot. I'm not sure if you are looking for a soap box or some other platform for someone to hear you, but your points go unheard once you declared your choice to ban yourself from the ballot box. You sound like the candidate that has the list of all thats wrong with America today, but when asked for the solution, we get the deer in the headlights look.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
Ultra-Con: Three-stepping, holiness-standard-keeping, NO TV, A glass of wine would send you to hell - Feels powerful by controlling - Needs tight box to stay saved.

Cons: Three-steppers and holiness-standard-keeping, closet-TV-watchers

Moderates: Three-stepping, a little jewelry OK, might be able to trim hair, not sure... wholesome TV probably OK...

Liberals : Stays out of others backyards. Probably have strong personal (standard) convictions in some areas, but realizes each Christian has his/her own convictions. Loves his fellow brethren, despite their differences. Believes in the 3-step work, but probably believes you become ONE OF HIS at the point you give him your life. Lets God be the judge, and allows the Holy Ghost to lead and deliver.

Hmmm.... can you guess which one I am???
Excellent assessment. A good addition to Websters.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I weary of these labels,myself I prefer to be classed as a follower of Christ.
I'm conversative in theology because I believe the bible is the sole rule of faith for the Christian in matters of doctrine and practice for the believer.
I believe in sanctification and responsible grace,and I certainly don't believe in anything goes, nor do I believe in legalism or phariseical false holiness.
I believe in Holiness as a result of grace,and faith in Jesus Christ, God does not except co-redemptive efforts on the part of man.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
I weary of these labels,myself I prefer to be classed as a follower of Christ.
I'm conversative in theology because I believe the bible is the sole rule of faith for the Christian in matters of doctrine and practice for the believer.
I believe in sanctification and responsible grace,and I certainly don't believe in anything goes, nor do I believe in legalism or phariseical false holiness.
I believe in Holiness as a result of grace,and faith in Jesus Christ, God does not except co-redemptive efforts on the part of man.
Great post, Scott!