Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Darcie,

I have been thinking and praying for you and your husband all day.
We have established 2 HM churches sometimes it seems that we are back in HM even tho the church we now pastor was established many years ago.
At times it has been a roller coaster ride spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially but God has been faithful.

Our daughter is our youth minister and is doing an awesome job with the youth and an inspiriation to many others.
Last night a lady who attends our Sunday School but does not have the Holy Ghost called and asked for help to get some children to Sunday School.
She had 14 children needing a ride to SS!
After church today this lady with tears in her eyes told me that our daughters zeal, enthuasium and burden for the children had inspired her to get involved.

Start a youth ministry or kids ministry in your church. It has been our greatest outreach tool.
The 1st and 3rd Thursday night of each month we have a BLOWOUT youth service....not for the faint of heart!
Its not my style of music and etc. but its not about what I like but what attracts the kids to our church.
Invest some prayer,time, and money into their lives and ALWAYS give them a hug! It may be the only hug they get this week.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

We didn't start from zero, but purt near it.

The Wednesday night before I took the church as pastor, there were three people there. I was the third.

Our first month, we averaged 27 on Sunday mornings. The "7" were a constant, it was the "20" we were uncertain about.

Now, eight years later, we have seen crowds of 170, and monthly averages of 90. At present we are back down to averaging between 50-60.

I believe God is faithful, even when people aren't!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Baby S.E.A.L.S. Club

Yes....that was very good advice...use new converts. Use Everyone.
That was one of Bro. T. Craft's Rules for Church Growth: Find Something For Everyone To Do.
Everyone is called to do SOME work. We are preordained to Good Works.
There is something within all man that cries out for that which he was created for. We call it "using". It is simpler and easier to communicate. But for the babes who think they were being intended to be "used up", as the world sees it, they must be brought to see that we seek not to take advantage of our new converts, but we are here to serve them, to guide them to their calling, their niche, their passion, and due commitment and service to Almighty God.
In their connection to the local assembly, thru service to the body and building, they have a tangible relationship which, ministered in love, will help open faith thru new eyes (being in contact with the body of Christ). These new babes will learn from our example.
Will sending a new convert to clean pews and vacume carpets alone do any divine good? Probably not, lol. But if this new born babe is with a loving saint, singing, praising god in the sanctuary while at work in His service, showing a Christian attitude, then thru this we can train up a child in the way he should go.
Nothing here is extreme, or any new doctrine...lol.....but starting a new work.....and the basic premise of this post is this: You can find outreach/inreach in the most mundane tasks. Let your life speak for itself. The simplest things of God can confound the world. In the building of all things, we start with the foundation, the chief cornerstone. In Jesus Name.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Baby S.E.A.L.S. Club

Quote:

Start a youth ministry or kids ministry in your church. It has been our greatest outreach tool.
The 1st and 3rd Thursday night of each month we have a BLOWOUT youth service....not for the faint of heart!
Its not my style of music and etc. but its not about what I like but what attracts the kids to our church.
Invest some prayer,time, and money into their lives and ALWAYS give them a hug! It may be the only hug they get this week.

AMEN!!!! Youth are not the Church of Tomorrow.
They are the Church of Today!!

Last edited by Baby S.E.A.L.S. Club; 10-11-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: clairity....not sure how to quote other posts...lol
Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 PM
>>Primitive Pentecostal<<

Re: Have any AFF'ers started a church from zero?

Thinking about this thread, and all of the home missionaries who need our prayer right now.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Anglin View Post
Thinking about this thread, and all of the home missionaries who need our prayer right now.
We're having a home missions conference at our church soon. Have you heard of Jerry Dillion (I think that is his name from Mississippi)?

When you pray for home missionaries what do you think are the important things to ask God for? open doors of utterance?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
We're having a home missions conference at our church soon. Have you heard of Jerry Dillion (I think that is his name from Mississippi)?

When you pray for home missionaries what do you think are the important things to ask God for? open doors of utterance?
Bro. Dillion is a great guy and has a true love for souls. Back when I was in the UPC our youth choir sang at his church for a youth event. My wife brought around 12 deaf people to his church around ten years ago and most of them received the Holly Ghost.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
Bro. Dillion is a great guy and has a true love for souls. Back when I was in the UPC our youth choir sang at his church for a youth event. My wife brought around 12 deaf people to his church around ten years ago and most of them received the Holly Ghost.

Great!!! I'm looking forward to hearing him preach. Where is his church?

How did these deaf people hear the gospel? Just curious...

And how did they know they received the Holy Ghost? Hmmmm....????
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

His church is in Madison Mississippi. Just a few miles north of Jackson, MS. He is a real energetic preacher. I think both he and his son both are in the Borat video clips.

As far as the deaf people receiving the Holy Ghost I have witnessed many deaf people speaking in tongues including my wife.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 AM
My Family!

Quote:

Isn't that just what is acceptable to say? You don't say they saw the gospel (with sign language).

I've heard blind people say it's so nice to see you - that always hit me as strange, but in their way they do "see" us. I think we'd freak out if they'd say so nice to touch you.