Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Prayer for Rev. Greg Albritton and Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
Why would you wanna pray now?? If memory serves me you don't believe in depression or any mental illness...…….
Joe, I believe in mental illness everytime I read your posts.

This tirade of your's in this thread is a pretty good example.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I think its rude of this mother or any mother to
attend a church service
the day after her child attempts suicide.... If you do not see a problem then you really have no desire to hear about or help anyone with mental illness.
She went to a church after a horrible incident, and you see a problem? I know, you would of handled it differently, with a 5th of Scotch? Or upping your prozac dosage? Anyway, in the real world it is pretty normal for people to seek the surroundings of their religion in times of suffering.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
She went to a church after a horrible incident, and you see a problem? I know, you would of handled it differently, with a 5th of Scotch? Or upping your prozac dosage? Anyway, in the real world it is pretty normal for people to seek the surroundings of their religion in times of suffering.
Look you narrowminded narcissist..... Yes I see a problem. She went to church the morning after her child tried to commit suicide ( atleast that's how I read the post) .... how could you leave your child like that... to me that's a problem. If it was days after or weeks after the incident, ofcourse go to church, but the morning after?? Now.... as for as your little snide questions about my character.. I don't drink and I do not take legal or illegal drugs.

Last edited by JoeBandy; 06-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Look you narrowminded narcissist..... Yes I see a problem. She went to church the morning after her child tried to commit suicide ( atleast that's how I read the post) .... how could you leave your child like that... to me that's a problem. If it was days after or weeks after the incident, ofcourse go to church, but the morning after?? Now.... as for as your little snide questions about my character.. I don't drink and I do not take legal or illegal drugs.
You know nothing about her or the situation and should, quite frankly, shut up about it. Talk about snide, your ridiculous accusations against this woman are completely wrong. Stop assuming things, it makes you look stupid.

Here's the deal: her son is a grown adult man, not a child. They have a large family here with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He wasn't left alone for the approx 2 hours she was away at church.

If she wants to come to church and be with her church family after a crisis, who are YOU to be a judge!?! Seriously. Who do you believe you are to be judging this faithful lady?

I visited her husband in the hospital last week. He was diagnosed with cancer last year and was given 3 months to live. He was doing good for a while, Dr said it was in remission and the man stopped his meds and appts. He was rushed to the ER a couple weeks ago one Sunday evening and was told the cancer is back even worse and has spread to other organs.

She's dealing with a lot of stuff right now. Her strength and comfort is with her church family. You have no authority or reason to judge.

You should stop posting accusations and insinuations about her.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
You know nothing about her or the situation and should, quite frankly, shut up about it. Talk about snide, your ridiculous accusations against this woman are completely wrong. Stop assuming things, it makes you look stupid.

Here's the deal: her son is a grown adult man, not a child. They have a large family here with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He wasn't left alone for the approx 2 hours she was away at church.

If she wants to come to church and be with her church family after a crisis, who are YOU to be a judge!?! Seriously. Who do you believe you are to be judging this faithful lady?

I visited her husband in the hospital last week. He was diagnosed with cancer last year and was given 3 months to live. He was doing good for a while, Dr said it was in remission and the man stopped his meds and appts. He was rushed to the ER a couple weeks ago one Sunday evening and was told the cancer is back even worse and has spread to other organs.

She's dealing with a lot of stuff right now. Her strength and comfort is with her church family. You have no authority or reason to judge.

You should stop posting accusations and insinuations about her.
I formed an opinion based on the information given. I did make an assumption based on that info. Did not mean to sound like I was making any accusations or insinuations toward her personally.... I am just saying if my child, grown or not had tried that same thing I don't think I would have left there side. But hey that just me and my opinion.. My nephew overdosed on heroine Tuesday night . His parents left him in the hospital in Baton Rouge the very next day to take his two younger brothers to a motorcross race in Illinois. This child is 20 years old now how do you think he is gonna feel when he finds out that his parents left him at the lowest point in his life...……….

Last edited by JoeBandy; 06-14-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Are there any Christians on AFF.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Yep...... 2 Benincasa and well...….. ME!!!! The rest are Pennycostal!!!
Old 06-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I formed an opinion based on the information given. I did make an assumption based on that info. Did not mean to sound like I was making any accusations or insinuations toward her personally.... I am just saying if my child, grown or not had tried that same thing I don't think I would have left there side. But hey that just me and my opinion.. My nephew overdosed on heroine Tuesday night . His parents left him in the hospital in Baton Rouge the very next day to take his two younger brothers to a motorcross race in Illinois. This child is 20 years old now how do you think he is gonna feel when he finds out that his parents left him at the lowest point in his life...……….
Going to church and going to motorcross are two completely different things. The mom was with her son the prior evening and overnight. I highly doubt he will be upset that she went to church for a couple hours before going back to be with him.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Going to church and going to motorcross are two completely different things. The mom was with her son the prior evening and overnight. I highly doubt he will be upset that she went to church for a couple hours before going back to be with him.
ok.. how can you believe he has the wherewithal to rationalize that Mom went to church and is not by his side . I mean he just attempted suicide that part of his brain is not too healthy at that point. I do understand your point, but this is where I disagree with you. If one is that low in life and realize that " hey .. where is mom" oh Church oh well that's great !! Most of the time the only thing that they see is MOM is not there the reason don't matter .. Now I do understand I am being a tad broad and this would affect younger people more than grown ups. But when you are at that point …….

Last edited by JoeBandy; 06-14-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Yes, Joe Bandy and his demon.