Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Lee Bellinger, know anything about him?

A lady at my church has asked me to join in buying a subscription from Independent Living. Lee Bellinger is the publisher and editor.

He has a book "The Dollar Destruction Defense Manual: Everyting you need to protect your way of life against the coming inflationary ruin" PLUS

Free Bonus report #1 "Smart Hoarding 101: Do it right ans ave big money by stocking up on food, water, and yes, fuel.

Free Bonus report #2 "Secure your cash in strong currencies: Five strategies that may soon be illegal"

Free Bonus report #3 "The coming silver age: 10 Fundamental reasons why "The Poor man's gold" will explode in price in the years ahead"

I tried doing a search on him and a lot comes up, but all seems to come back to the same information.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Lee Bellinger, know anything about him?

Here you go.

Quote:

Lee Bellinger is a graduate of Hillsdale College in Political Economy and History and participated in the college’s prestigious Washington-Hillsdale Internship Program (WHIP).

After completing his internship in the Hill, Lee served as legislative assistant to then Rep. Dan Coats of Indiana, covering science and technology, as well as the House tax-writing body, the Ways and Means Committee. He also served as Special Assistant to Congressman Toby Roth of Wisconsin, on intelligence and defense issues.

Lee Bellinger is a graduate of the National Journalism Center and worked for columnist and author Donald Lambro, as well as the Leadership Institute. From 1985 to 1990, Lee Bellinger was President of the activist group Conservative Action Foundation, which mounted a river blockade of a Soviet freighter in 1985, from which a Ukrainian seaman tried to defect twice in New Orleans.Other high-profile incidents of Lee’s activism caused the Washington Post to comment in 1989 that he is the “right wing’s answer to Abbie Hoffman.”

In 1989, Lee Bellinger formed a publishing group that purchased The American Sentinel newsletter from Phillips Publishing in Potomac Maryland. He has been publishing the private intelligence advisory on the activities of the left ever since. Lee Bellinger is founder and publisher of Independent Living, one of the country’s fastest-growing private investment newsletters. Both The American Sentinel and Independent Living are published by Lee’s South Carolina-based American Lantern Press, which also produces highly-popular manuals and reports for freedom-loving Americans who cherish self-reliance, including The National Bankruptcy Survival Guide and the Social Chaos Survival Guide.
http://americanlanternpress.com/publisher.html
Old 08-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Yes, I found that. I was looking for something like comments on his accuracy rate or how legit he is.

Thanks for the info anyway.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Yes, I found that. I was looking for something like comments on his accuracy rate or how legit he is.

Thanks for the info anyway.
He sounds like an alarmist just by some of his book titles and I would normally back away from an author like him, but that's just me.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He sounds like an alarmist just by some of his book titles and I would normally back away from an author like him, but that's just me.
That was what was concerning me. He may have the facts and they may be true, but I wonder if he is all about just selling more subscriptions and reports.

I have to tell her something tonight.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Does he offer a discount on joining the militia?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Does he offer a discount on joining the militia?
whoa! It is the activist militia types, both organized and not that pevent the trampling of our second ammendment.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
whoa! It is the activist militia types, both organized and not that pevent the trampling of our second ammendment.
I don't consider the NRA a militia. The sad truth is that most 21st century militia's in the USA are made up of nut jobs who are either white supermicist, paranoid, end of the world consipracy theorists, or all of the above.

I would like to have a survival plan in place in case of some great natural, man made, or social catastrophe. Like a plot of land in the middle of nowhere Tennessee more than 35 miles from any nuclear target and plenty of basic survival supplies to last a long time. I recently checked into a website recommended as the best deal in freeze dried food for doomsdayers and almost choked on the "great" price!! I guess it was a good deal for how long it would last but Yikes!!! I don't have a thousand dollars per person to stock up for the whole family. I am thinking a few 50 pound bags of rice and flour and a bunch of bottled water just might have to do.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I am thinking a few 50 pound bags of rice and flour and a bunch of bottled water just might have to do.
Through some dried beans and some peanut butter. Maybe some kool-aid packs for the water..........Mmmm mmmm.....

A pot of beans, a jug of water and thou (thou being my lovely wife and our great kids)........and a brick or two of ammo .
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
mary

Most times if a guide to saving is sold, someone thinks its worthwhile. It just often isn't the buyer.
Really, if the man is that concerned about helping people, shouldn't he be giving away at least some informational brochures or have a free info website to tantalize us into joining or something?

Last edited by missourimary; 08-23-2009 at 08:07 PM.