Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-16-2020, 06:27 AM
Banned

Re: Have you ever lost confidence in leadership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
For as many are led by the Pastor, they are the sons of God.

Let me try again . . .

For as many as are led by the presbyter, they are the sons of God.

It’s still not right . . .

For as many as are led by the general superintendent . . . Nope.

One last time.

Rom.8

[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

To answer your question, I have been disappointed in leadership. I have never been disappointed in the leading of the Spirit though. We have bought into the leadership of the pastor doctrine. We pray that he is led by the Spirit, so that we can follow him and therefore be led by the Spirit as well, as a sort of indirect or second hand leading. And we are disappointed? And we blame the pastor. But we are ultimately responsible.

I will quote this scripture again. I have noticed that people get offended by this scripture. They think it cannot possibly mean what it plainly says.

1Cor.11

[3] But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Everyone believes that Paul had a lapse in judgment and neglected to include the pastor in the chain of command (headship) here. So we put someone between ourselves and Jesus. Because we are like the Israelites. We want a king . . .

And sometimes we are disappointed . . .
Amazing post. Spot on.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Spiritual abilities as in moral purity? Or as in doctrinal purity? Both?

Every pastor preaches some false doctrine, depending on what is determines if it can be tolerated.

It's more about situations and events not dealt with or discerned. Lack of true ministry and pseudo moves of God/spirit baptisms. The list could go on.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:46 AM
Covenant Apostolic

As long as church leaders are not contrary to the bible, we are to have an attitude of submission.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God

Ephesians 5
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:56 AM
Covenant Apostolic

The spirit of love and unity is of more consequence than small doctrinal differences.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
The spirit of love and unity is of more consequence than small doctrinal differences.
But what is "small"?
Old 10-16-2020, 07:16 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
But what is "small"?
I would not dis fellowship you for being a dispensationalist., for instance.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Every pastor preaches some false doctrine, depending on what is determines if it can be tolerated.

It's more about situations and events not dealt with or discerned. Lack of true ministry and pseudo moves of God/spirit baptisms. The list could go on.
My answer would be yes I have lost confidence in leaders. And having been a leader I can say I lost faith in myself as a leader. Not to many options when you lose faith in leadership.

1. Leave the Church and go to one that is closer to what you are looking for.
2. Leave the Church and go on a search for what you are looking for.
3. Dont attend Church just keep seeking God and pray a door will open.
4. Start a Church.

I have done all of these.

Before any of these have the issues been taken to the leadership and discussed if that be possible?

I realize this is almost impossible to do. If one brings up issues with leaders they are instantly marked as "Absalom". Troublemaker if not outright trying to take over. If its done more than once it gets worse.

A solid local New Testament Church would be a great treasure. The only thing greater is a personal fellowship with Jesus Christ.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
As long as church leaders are not contrary to the bible, we are to have an attitude of submission.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God

Ephesians 5
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Thats not the issue.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I can see that, thats why I said all pastors preach some false doctrine, depends on what it is if it can tolerated or not.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:42 AM
Covenant Apostolic

In the Revelation, the church of Ephesus was renowned for doctrinal purity and yet in danger of having its lamp stand removed for having left its first love.