Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: Warning Check policy at Family Christian Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed View Post
I feel like I should be in the cry room...

I am so irritated today. I purchased some items at Family Christian Stores that after getting them home decided it wasn't what I wanted. I had written a check because my daughter had my debit card that day. Lesson learned the hard way... NEVER write a check at their stores if there is a remote possiblity that you will return something to Family Christian Stores.

I waited 10 days to return as I just wanted to make sure I was in compliance with a common check policy. My receipt stated return in 90 days for refund with receipt, I waited just to be safe.

I went to the store today to return the items, and I purchased new things while I was there. I still had a credit of $41.00 coming back, and expected to receive the money.

I was told that because I wrote a check, corporate office would have to issue me my refund in two weeks. I asked if she had the policy in writing, as I didn't see it posted, and that isn't what the receipt states. The clerk told me they didn't have it in writing.

I then asked to speak to a manager, she told me that their wasn't one in the store at that time. She was a manager in training, and even if the manager was there, she wouldn't be able to help me. She was casually working on the transaction as we are talking.

I told the clerk that I was not happy with their policy. I understood policy, and don't have a problem complying, but it is not posted or written any where on the receipt or counter. She just said "sorry, its policy".... you could just feel the love. lol

The transaction was taking forever to complete. I had to fill out two different papers with my personal information, and there was a line of 4 people behind me waiting. I was embarrased at the way they were treating this return. I almost felt like a criminal. I even had my bank statement in my purse because I had balanced it the other day... the check cleared 3 days after purchase. I am so mad I can't see straight.

If I had known about this crazy policy I wouldn't be so ticked... anyway. I have written a complaint to the store, and hopefully they will get my money quicker than two weeks. On top of that fiasco... she overcharged me for an item, so I have to return to the store again. Not a good shopping experience for me today.

I was online here reading... thought I would post and warn people who still write checks.
I'll bet you wouldn't have gone thru that at Barnes and Noble!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"