Apostolic Friends Forum  

Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery
Facebook

Notices

The Nursery Where we await new little ones in our AFF Fellowship Family!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Live like it.

Potty Training Ques for all Moms/Dads

Did any of you ever try the "no diaper/pull-up/underwear" approach?
How'd it work?

What did work for you?

(never mind the stuff that didn't work.. since there's always so much that doesn't, just interested in the stuff that did work!)

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
GO CUBBIES!

Re: Potty Training Ques for all Moms/Dads

my son was trained in 3 days!!! i did not work, so i was able to REALLY work with him. every hour we would go try to use the bathroom. he wore underwear all day on those days. he never had an accident. i know he was a rare case. my 2nd son will probably be hard to train. lol

we did do pull-ups at night.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Since my daughters are grown and about to be married, my potty training days are long gone but I work with a lady who has a 2 year old and they've been working on this for sometime now. The little girl is adorable. We've all enjoyed the potty training stories but one of the funniest is what the little girl will say when they would try to get her to potty......
"But I can't want to potty"!

Now when someone doesn't want to do something it's.... "But I can't want to.."
Old 07-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Well considering my BABY is turning 11 today it has been a while... Is it a boy or a girl?
We had different approaches

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Philippians 4

The no diaper worked for my son, pull-ups worked for my daughter. Just don't push the issue the more you push the more uninterested they become. We did a "potty chart" for my daughter. Everytime she went in the potty she earned a sticker. Every ten stickers we would go to the dollar store and get her a prize.

Also, everytime they used the potty, we made a big deal about it, calling daddy, nana,etc.

myspace.com/darciemarti
Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

With my son, he was NOT interested we tried everything! and then right before his 3rd birthday he walked into the bathroom and went... Never looked back (I did have him in underwear during the day)

My daughter on the other hand was just over 2 and her dad told her if she would go in the big potty he would buy her princess panties, she did it... But th funniest part is that he took her BY himself to the store, at that time the 7 pack of Wal-mart under wear were super cheap, but the "princess ones" were more expensive. Instead of buying ONE pack of princess and another of the generic multi-package, he bought 4 packages of expensive princess ones!!
She is still his princess

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Live like it.

Well I posted this, and then looked for it to read respsonses and couldn't find it. I looked and looked... I think I'm losing my mind.

Thank you all so much for responding. I'm trying to train my 2yr 9mo old son.
He does go before and after baths, and occasionally in between. But he doesn't always want to. He really dislikes being interrupted from his play to go and so it can actually be a fight.

He is good when he doesn't have a diaper on (just after a bath) he won't pee on the floor. But I have been working up the nerve to take it off for the day and see what happens. I'll have to roll up my rugs and hope for the best for my couch and chairs HA.

I did buy him a three pack of cars underwear... I figure he might not want to get his cars wet!

I have to say, I haven't come at it strongly because I do have the 9 month old baby brother to look after as well. He does get really stubborn and I didn't want to fight him to do it. But I really would like him out of diapers so I'm going to get creative!

I am going to try the big boy underwear starting Monday, and go from there. If that doesn't work, I'll try the no underwear at all.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HADDOCK View Post
Since my daughters are grown and about to be married, my potty training days are long gone but I work with a lady who has a 2 year old and they've been working on this for sometime now. The little girl is adorable. We've all enjoyed the potty training stories but one of the funniest is what the little girl will say when they would try to get her to potty......
"But I can't want to potty"!

Now when someone doesn't want to do something it's.... "But I can't want to.."
LOL! my 3 year old boy uses that line all the time!

if he doesnt like some food, its "I cant like that" if he doesnt want to do something its "I cant want to"

too cute!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Well I posted this, and then looked for it to read respsonses and couldn't find it. I looked and looked... I think I'm losing my mind.

Thank you all so much for responding. I'm trying to train my 2yr 9mo old son.
He does go before and after baths, and occasionally in between. But he doesn't always want to. He really dislikes being interrupted from his play to go and so it can actually be a fight.

He is good when he doesn't have a diaper on (just after a bath) he won't pee on the floor. But I have been working up the nerve to take it off for the day and see what happens. I'll have to roll up my rugs and hope for the best for my couch and chairs HA.

I did buy him a three pack of cars underwear... I figure he might not want to get his cars wet!

I have to say, I haven't come at it strongly because I do have the 9 month old baby brother to look after as well. He does get really stubborn and I didn't want to fight him to do it. But I really would like him out of diapers so I'm going to get creative!

I am going to try the big boy underwear starting Monday, and go from there. If that doesn't work, I'll try the no underwear at all.
how are things going?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Big Boy underwear worked with all three of my boys. I found that the disposable diapers (NO PULL UPS WAY BACK THEN) absorbed the wetness which is GOOD for babies and BAD for potty training. Once they had one or two accidents in the underwear...they were fine! Didn't like that "wet feeling".

GOOD LUCK! Gotta confess....kinda GLAD I'm outta this particular loop! LOL My BABIES just turned 29 in June!