Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

UGST-Seeking Accreditation

I received this in my email today. While I admit I am no expert on Bible Colleges
I am surprised to see so many closing down.

Is this a good thing?

The Urshan Graduate School of Theology is moving nearer to accreditation. This is a very involved process. We have been blessed to have accomplished much in this process in record time.

We are now in need of extra funding to move on forward with this process. As a member of the UGST board, I am requesting sincere prayer for the needed funding to be supplied. We are the only theological graduate school of our doctrinal persuasion. The quality of the school is superb. Somewhere, someone, and God knows, can step in and supply this need.

Join with me in this sincere prayer.

Thetus Tenney
International Coordinator
World Network of Prayer
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I received this in my email today. While I admit I am no expert on Bible Colleges

Is this a good thing?

The Urshan Graduate School of Theology is moving nearer to accreditation. This is a very involved process. We have been blessed to have accomplished much in this process in record time.

We are now in need of extra funding to move on forward with this process. As a member of the UGST board, I am requesting sincere prayer for the needed funding to be supplied. We are the only theological graduate school of our doctrinal persuasion. The quality of the school is superb. Somewhere, someone, and God knows, can step in and supply this need.

Thetus Tenney
World Network of Prayer
This has been the life story of most bible colleges ... we're seeking accreditation ... and POOF .... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent College was one step away for years and .......
Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Is this a good thing?

Thetus Tenney
World Network of Prayer
This was sent via WNOP?

This is a funding request at best!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

There is no scriptural proof of Bible College. If Pastors are fully trained in truth they are to pass along their knowledge. Thats what preaching-teaching is supposed to be about.

Pastors should not have to send kids or adults off to Bible College. Seems like an admission they are not doing their job.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
There is no scriptural proof of Bible College. If Pastors are fully trained in truth they are to pass along their knowledge. Thats what preaching-teaching is supposed to be about.

Pastors should not have to send kids or adults off to Bible College. Seems like an admission they are not doing their job.
good grief.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Youth do not leave the church at 18 in college- They then escape for they were lost from 14 onward.

If they don't get it at home enough to be strong enough in BC, then secular college with drinking/drug parties will be the draw.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:

I think bible school is wonderful and needed IF one feels a call of God to enter the ministry. Otherwise, it's just a bridal college.

Courses that I wish bible colleges offered along with the traditional bible course are "Leadership Training", "Ministerial Ethics", and "The Business side of Pastoring a Church".
Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I think bible school is wonderful and needed IF one feels a call of God to enter the ministry. Otherwise, it's just a bridal college.

Courses that I wish bible colleges offered along with the traditional bible course are "Leadership Training", "Ministerial Ethics", and "The Business side of Pastoring a Church".
I think they all do offer those courses. I know that JCM offered the first two. You were two busy being a music major to notice!!!

I don't recall there being any business courses offered though and that would have been good.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
Youth do not leave the church at 18 in college- They then escape for they were lost from 14 onward.

If they don't get it at home enough to be strong enough in BC, then secular college with drinking/drug parties will be the draw.

Secular college is not always made up of drinking and drug parties. This admonition is what causes parents in church to thrust their head in the sand and not allow (or discourage) kids to attend them or even go at all. Even WORSE God forbid they attend a Christian university like Masters, Asuza Pacific, Oral Roberts, et al. The future of the church ends up being an uneducated lot...which is good to some people I suspect.

Looking back, I wish now I had attended a Christian college like the ones I mentioned above. I was going down the road to get a baseball scholarship from Oral Roberts and other of those demonic secular colleges but that was nixed for exactly the perception you provided above.

Too bad, folks said all you go to college for was to get on drugs because somewhere someone had a junkie cousin who was a good kid before they left for the U.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Sheltiedad

Based on the name, "Graduate School", is this college for those pursuing Masters or Doctorate degrees, implying that they already have a bachelor's degree somewhere? Just curious...

By the way, hey Carp, I miss talking to you!