Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

$1 Per 30 Sec. Tv Ad

Television advertising is not that expensive but I seem to keep hearing that it is not cost beneficial for a small assembly. Our new church is running around 100 and we can easily afford TV.

So now that we have been out of the UPC a total of three weeks our Pastor has a commercial running on local cable stations at about $1.00 per thirty second ad.

Just a simple ad with our Pastor welcoming people to our church and giving information about service times and location. Back when he was UPC the church ran an ad on local network stations at a more expensive rate. That ad ran just a few weeks and as a result we had at three families added to our church and they all testified that they came to church as a result of the TV commercial. They were hungry and just needed the information and a face to connect to the church. I don't think our movement realizes how important it is for our area that they connect the church with an actual Pastor and that there are real common folks inside.

Also, our old church has been in a very prominent location for 30 years and you would not believe the people who say they never knew our church existed.

Hopefully, it won't take that long with our new church.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator

It may just be a dollar for you but that is in Possum Bottom, Mississippi!!!!

You know good and well that the anti TV people only use stats for airing national commericals or commercials in major media markets like NYC or LA.

Facts like yours ruin their gloom and doom mutterings.

On a serious note your point is well taken. Even in larger cities cable ad buys can be made at a reasonable cost. Especially when compared to the cost of billboards and some other media.

Then of course most city cable tv systems also have access channels where programs can be aired for free. That also blows the "TV is too expensive" areguement out of the water.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Since I have changed to an anti-res 4 voter, I find this report hard to believe. I mean, show me some proof this story is true. I want some documentation for these claims. Its kind of sounds like these "thumbs up" Holy Ghost crusades or the Ethipoia reports. We need more substancial proof before I believe such wild claims. Me thinks there is an agenda here! Come on, three new families from tv ads? You could at least come up with a story that's a little more believeable!

With all due respect, I am skeptical of these claims in these numbers.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Since I have changed to an anti-res 4 voter, I find this report hard to believe. I mean, show me some proof this story is true. I want some documentation for these claims. Its kind of sounds like these "thumbs up" Holy Ghost crusades or the Ethipoia reports. We need more substancial proof before I believe such wild claims. Me thinks there is an agenda here! Come on, three new families from tv ads? You could at least come up with a story that's a little more believeable!

With all due respect, I am skeptical of these claims in these numbers.
Would you believe 3 families came to church from a newspaper ad?

I think that 3 families is completely believable from an ad that reaches most homes in the area.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Would you believe 3 families came to church from a newspaper ad?

I think that 3 families is completely believable from an ad that reaches most homes in the area.
WELL, if the number is accurate, I bet they were "stolen" from some other church. Those people saw that other church looked better, and they were drawn by the sensationalism of the tv ad. No doubt the kingdom wasn't advanced---it just got bloated!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
WELL, if the number is accurate, I bet they were "stolen" from some other church. Those people saw that other church looked better, and they were drawn by the sensationalism of the tv ad. No doubt the kingdom wasn't advanced---it just got bloated!
LOL... Wow...what skepticism.

Whatever the truth is... our optimism or pessimism doesn't change any of it.

I pray that they were souls hungry for a deeper walk with God and who had never known of this salvation and found it anew in this brothers work.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Some folks need to be stolen from other churches. Such churches are awful. lol
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Some folks need to be stolen from other churches. Such churches are awful. lol

Typical liberal attitudes toward proselytizing! First you remove the fence for tv. Then you engage in unethical behavior like sheep stealing. How can non tv churches compete with pro tv churches? The ads and programs will empty out the anti tv churches even though the anti tv churches don't have any tvs. Somehow they will see those ads, probably at the local Wal Mart, as our people walk by the electronics department they will see these ads and will be drawn to the TBN-styled-coverup wearing-tanning salon lookin-pink hairdoed-botox injected-pinky ringed preacher and his wife and walk away from true Apostolic revival!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Joseph

DB,

I am wiping tears from my eye's as I post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It may just be a dollar for you but that is in Possum Bottom, Mississippi!!!!

You know good and well that the anti TV people only use stats for airing national commericals or commercials in major media markets like NYC or LA.

Facts like yours ruin their gloom and doom mutterings.

On a serious note your point is well taken. Even in larger cities cable ad buys can be made at a reasonable cost. Especially when compared to the cost of billboards and some other media.

Then of course most city cable tv systems also have access channels where programs can be aired for free. That also blows the "TV is too expensive" areguement out of the water.
I can see it now on the debate floor "And further research indicates that just ONE 30 SECOND SPOT can cost upwards of 4 MILLION DOLLARS!! (insert here: during the Superbowl) Imagine how many churches could be BUILT for the cost of ONE SPOT which probably won't even bring in a SINGLE FAMILY!"