Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Women Preachers?
Yes 128 62.75%
No 55 26.96%
Don't Care 21 10.29%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I have never had a converted withdoctor complain because I brought the life changing message to him...thousands are saved today because I told them the story of Jesus...
Sister no one is saying that a person (male or female) cannot witness.

I am talking about, apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers. I understand that in Brazil the Assemblies of gods and gods is love believe in women preachers namely evangelists, but women are not to hold authority over men in a leadership position. I mean you no disrespect to you or your husband.

I'm just stating Biblical principles that "should" be followed.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 10-30-2007, 06:50 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caston Smith View Post
Greetings fellow Apostolics!

As many of you know there has been some controversy over the years in our ranks about women preachers. Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is about this subject.

Also if you are against women preachers please provide scriptures and give us your explanation of why you feel this way.
The word believe is thrown around way too much.

What do you mean do I believe?

Like if belief has anything to do with respect for a woman being able to stand and preach God's word.

What is so sacred and anointed about the pulpit that a woman would be shunned?

Jesus came to set the captive free!

The way many of you sound the woman in the UPCI need to put on the head dress, sit back and shut up.

Then the men need to do the entire bulk of witnessing and ministering to the sick, hungry, and lost.

The position for years has been the men preach and teach, while the woman go out and do all the labor in the field.

That really to me sounds like solid biblical teachings. LOL

Roll up your own sleves first, get your hands dirty, learn to get in there when folks need continued support.

When the men carry that burden.

Then they can say we have the right to corner the pulpit.

Don't just talk .......
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

I am talking about, apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers. I understand that in Brazil the Assemblies of gods and gods is love believe in women preachers namely evangelists, but women are not to hold authority over men in a leadership position. I mean you no disrespect to you or your husband.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
You speak as though Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist and Teacher are male gender words.

Break that down in the Greek and Hebrew and show us that depiction.

You speak as though:

Apostle - Man
Servant - Woman

Jesus himself broke the rules of the temple by speaking at the young age of 12 in the temple.

No one in that day spoke in the temple at age 12.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Mama to four little angels.

Preaching has nothing to do with authority or leadership. Neither do the offices of apostle, prophet, pastor, or teacher. (now, pastor as we usually use it now...would be a male office, but pastor as used here, is not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

I voted "I don't care". Thats not exactly right, but, given the choices, thats as close as I could get. Speaking strictly from the biblical standpoint... there is no scriptural justification for a woman to serve as an evangelist OR pastor. They can prophesy, they can teach younger women, they can pray (with their heads covered). Thats ALL they can do, speaking from a scriptural stand point. They cannot teach men, there is no scripture for them leading worship services, including singing. There is no biblical record of a woman serving as a deacon, bishop or elder. No record of a woman teaching Sunday School, conducting a marriage ceremony, or funeral service.

Oh, on those last ones, there no biblical mandate for a male to do those things either.

IF we are are going to follow the Bible in regards to women preachers, then we should follow the Bible on ALL teaching in regards to both male and female preachers. If we say a women can't serve as a pastor because there is no Bible, then from where do we get the idea of Sunday school, funeral services and marriage ceremonies? We have, in fact, adopted many extra-biblical practices, many of which are done by men. Yet, wheres the outcry? If, speaking from the biblical standpoint, we say women can't preach then, by the same token, we'd have to say male preachers cannot perform marriage ceremonies (a practice which, in fact, originates in the Catholic Church).

There are several woman on this forum who are doing what they feel is their calling. I don't have to name them, but some of them, probably more of them than I care to admit, are doing more for the Lord (witnessing, teaching, winning souls) than I am. Who am I to say to Nehemiah, "You can't do that!" ? Until I hit the mission field, or counsel someone who needs my help, I am in no position to sit back and judge whether women who do those things are right or not. Its my job to make sure I'm right in spirit. And, as a male, if I take on "extra-biblical" duties such as conducting funeral services, while, at the same time condemning women who do the same, then there is something wrong with my spirit.

Can women preach? Sure they can!

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Me-Nearly 50 years ago

I am sure there are women preachers but I can not imagine having a woman as my pastor. I agree with Thad.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Urban Pastor

I don't think anyone is asking you to go find a Sister to PASTOR you!

The fact is - there are God called and God ordained Women that minister the Word of God and always have been. Mary was chosen by God to carry the living Word in her womb for 9 months and then you want to say that a woman cannot carry the Word of God?

The very first person to see Jesus after his death, burial and resurrection - and to tell it - proclaim it - preach it and to REVEAL JESUS to the Disciples - was a WOMAN.

We must remember - the men in the NT wrote from a man's perspective and there were no women writers. Just think of what church would be - if one of the APOSTLES wives - wrote a book or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I don't know of any. the only one i knew of was Marilyn Gasowsky and she was in San Franciso which is a foreign country so she was really a "missionary"
You either need to get out more or go grab a UPCI directory and take a look.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthaolivia View Post
I am sure there are women preachers but I can not imagine having a woman as my pastor. I agree with Thad.

Women, as a rule, Don't like other women(in general). Other women just get on their nerves and it can be for very insignificant reasons.
How can you pastor a gender that you don't like
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Me-Nearly 50 years ago

I didn't say that I didn't like other women. I said that I couln't imagine having a woman pastor...Some of my best friends are women!