Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Demonic Dreams

I usually sleep well at night. Sometimes, if I awaken and go back to sleep without saying a short prayer, I'll have a scary dream. I'm not sure if this is a demonic attack or not, but the dreams are usually very frightening. Sometimes I dream the economy has collapsed or the world has come to an end. Does anyone else have problems with scary dreams? Do you think it is from demonic attack or just natural fear in dream form?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Matthew 7:6

Re: Demonic Dreams

Sounds like just natural stuff to me.

Besides, I'm not certain that demons can give demonic dreams to a Spirit-filled believer. He'd have to [literally] get into your head to do that. I dont have any scripture for it one way or another, but I dont think the devil has that kind of power over someone who has the Holy Ghost.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I usually sleep well at night. Sometimes, if I awaken and go back to sleep without saying a short prayer, I'll have a scary dream. I'm not sure if this is a demonic attack or not, but the dreams are usually very frightening. Sometimes I dream the economy has collapsed or the world has come to an end. Does anyone else have problems with scary dreams? Do you think it is from demonic attack or just natural fear in dream form?
Classic signs of a worry wart.

Recommend drinking less caffinated beverages too close to bed time. Have a nice warming chamomile tea, light some candles and pop in a tape recording of some nice california waves crashing on the beach.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
Since Obama was elected, I wouldn't think you'd worry about the economy collapsing!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

In a dream, as I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.

Seriously, two nights ago I awoke feeling an evil presence. To those who have experienced similar situations, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyways, the presence seems to always be on the left side of my bed. I awoke and felt that presence! I immediately rebuked it and began speaking in tongues and it left! Weeks prior I awoke to something trying to hold me down, also on the left side of my bed. I tried turning around and it pushed me back. I rebuked it in Jesus name in a loud tone, and it left and I was able to turn around completely.

Cowards better run!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

It's probably just another 'abduction'. Been happin lots round here.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

I'd say just natural conciose, subconsios stuff comming out in your sleeping mind.
However I disagree somewhat with TRFrance in this wise.

I have personally experienced some encounters with the supernatural.
I firmly believe that God does allow the enemy at times to influence holy ghost filled people in dreams, visions etc for the purpose of imbetterment, an achieving victory over things in ones life.

I do not believe that demonic spirits can possess HG filled people, but they certainly can oppress if we allow it.

I believe that the spirit of fear opresses HG filled people far more than we realize or some want to admit.

How many people do you know who are too scared to go out of the house to the car in the dark by themselves? Even in safe neighborhoods. There are adults who are afraid to go down dark halways in thier own homes. They have to turn lights on, they can't stay by themselves, even in daylight.

The spirit of fear certainly does cling to the emotions of people, even Holy Ghost filled people.

The difference is that HG filled people have the power to overcome it. Rebuke it in Jesus name, take athourity in the spirit and by faith speak victory into fact.

Like I said, my wife and I have experienced on several different occasions when the enemy is allowed to try his stuff. Each and every time God used it to give us deeper understanding and significant victory in our daily lives and walk with God.

satan does'nt have the power to do as he wishes when he wishes to who he wishes.
But God works in mysterios ways, and sometimes he will try us in the furnace to make us stronger. Sometimes he may allow the devil to push us, just to prod us into pushing back, into overcoming the enemy, or even our own flesh.

Nightmares may sometimes be nothing but suppressed worries comming to surface.
They may sometimes be the spirit of fear trying to plant seeds of doubt in an unaware Christians life who is not as sensitive to the spirit as they should be.

Use every opportunity to pray, and seek out what God would like to do in our lives through such events.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

I still say a nice cup of herbal tea will get rid of these demonic dreams

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinth2v4 View Post
In a dream, as I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.

Seriously, two nights ago I awoke feeling an evil presence. To those who have experienced similar situations, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyways, the presence seems to always be on the left side of my bed. I awoke and felt that presence! I immediately rebuked it and began speaking in tongues and it left! Weeks prior I awoke to something trying to hold me down, also on the left side of my bed. I tried turning around and it pushed me back. I rebuked it in Jesus name in a loud tone, and it left and I was able to turn around completely.

Cowards better run!
Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

Let me suggest not just rebuking it, but get to the bottom of it.
I do not believe God allows things like that to happen without a reason.
What is God trying to do in your life? Is he trying to show you something? Open up your spiritual awareness? Achieve a victory in your life? One of the gifts of the spirit is the discernment of spirits.
Pray that God will increase the sensitivity of your spiritual senses so you can use those opportunities and capitalize on them.

Is there a loved one that God wants to/is dealing with? A burden God wants to lay on your heart? Maybe he is allowing you to have a brief window into the spirit world to help you have target prayer for that person?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I still say a nice cup of herbal tea will get rid of these demonic dreams
Or maybe less news watching?