Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

How to Multi-quote a message

I've tried but have not gotten it right yet. Tips please.
Also can a person multi-quote more than one person in a post?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Jellybean!

Re: How to Multi-quote a message

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrrs View Post
I've tried but have not gotten it right yet. Tips please.
Also can a person multi-quote more than one person in a post?
Anytime you want to quote someone you would normally hit the 'quote' button in the bottom right of the post. If there are several posts in a thread you want to quote, you need to hit the button to the right of the 'quote' button...it looks like this:

After you have hit that button and quoted someone it will turn to this button:

You can go through the thread and hit that button for every post you'd like to quote, then hit the 'Post Reply' button and your post window will contain all the posts you just multi-quoted.

OR if you move to an additional thread and want to multi-quote posts from there, you will need to hit the link at the bottom of your post reply window that says: 'You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post.'

Is that what you were asking for?

Or were you wanting the posts you quote to show as a quote within a quote?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, I'll try again and How would I do a "post you quote to show as a quote within a quote?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Jellybean!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
Thanks, I'll try again and How would I do a "post you quote to show as a quote within a quote?
That one's a bit trickier. It will require a bit of fancy foot-work and recognizing how the coding works.

Anytime you quote someone it will show up in your Post Reply window looking like this: [QUOTE=jimmyrrs;621678] blah,blah,blah...with an ending code that looks like this: [ /QUOTE ] (minus the extra spaces I added so it would show up here).

You need to move one quoted portion into another quoted portion without destroying the codes. If you're careful and get one entire portion into the other, it will come out right. But if you don't, it will get scrambled. Just be careful with the codes that are within the brackets '[]'. If you don't mess those up, you'll most likely not have a problem.

Here is the example of what I quoted at the top of this post. (I added the extra spaces within the brackets so it would display as type instead of code.)

[ QUOTE=jimmyrrs;621678 ] [ QUOTE=The Mrs;621241 ]
Or were you wanting the posts you quote to show as a quote within a quote?[ /QUOTE ]Thanks, I'll try again and How would I do a "post you quote to show as a quote within a quote?[ /QUOTE ]

I put what I had posted inside what you had posted by copying and pasting my quoted code and placing it at the beginning right next to your quoted code.

If I had not done that and just inserted it anywhere, it would break your quoted post into two pieces...like this:

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try again and How
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
would I do a "post you quote to show as a quote within a quote?
Hope that helps some...if not, blame it on my cold and fuzzy brain.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. I will give them both a try. I think I'll try a pratice run first before posting.