Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Truth Seeker View Post
I think she has a wonderful voice, but no way can she be an American Idol...not because she can't sing but because she would have to lower her standards...you have to wear makeup and dress differently and be able to dance you have to appeal to the young crowd...

You HAVE to????
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
I thought Fantasia was awesome tonight...

As for LJ and church...she is from Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church and I know her choir director/minister of music, who I read in the paper here may be coaching her should she continue in the competition.
Fantasia...probably the best I have ever heard her last night (and this comes from someone who does not particularly care for her). She sang a song from the Broadway production of "The Color Purple" which she will be starring in.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Truth Seeker View Post
Well I just noticed she has a strange speech impediment or something...she seems very talented, but I think there are a couple of girls that could out go her. Especially LaKisha Jones...that lady has a powerful voice!
She does have a speech impediment...has something to do with her "s"...."shisters" instead of "sisters", "shtill" instead of "still".

Yes...LaKisha Jones is great. American Idol is the platform she needed to be heard. HUMBLE too!!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
You HAVE to????
I'm not sure that you'd have to wear makeup, but I really can't see a conservative pentecostal winning a show like this--especially if they aren't willing to sing secular music.

Perhaps I'm just shortsighted. When a pentecostal girl wins, ya'll can set me straight.

Remember what Simon told the one girl that sang a gospel song last year? That she was being "self-indulgent"? (something like that.....) That was her last night. And he's right, actually. AI is about a person who appeals to a majority of the voters...Gospel is a niche, and conservative appearance narrows that niche even more.

I think that you'd have to try to blend in, appearance wise, or you wouldn't make it.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I'm sorry, but I never really liked Fantasia! To me, her voice sounds like a little girls! It's too high pitched, with little depth. But hey.......that's just me!
I'm with you...I don't really care for her voice (still reminds me of Macy Gray). However, I have to give credit and say last night was probably the best I have ever heard her.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post

I think that you'd have to try to blend in, appearance wise, or you wouldn't make it.
So much for "uniqueness".
Old 02-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Apostolic Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
Oh wow...I thought something was wrong with me for not liking Fantasia's voice...now I see I'm not alone.

I'm pretty sure Simon would have said something like, 'Pizza parlor karaoke', or 'forgettable', about her performance last night. I just kept waiting for it to be over.
I never really liked Fantasia either... Glad I missed her.

I have not been paying attention to AI this year... I, at first, found myself wishing they would have skipped most of the auditions and just gotten to the meat because that's what I really wanted to see, but I have not paid attention at all since they split up into the guys and girls groups...

I guess I'm just backslidden... lol
Old 02-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
I'm sorry, but I never really liked Fantasia! To me, her voice sounds like a little girls! It's too high pitched, with little depth. But hey.......that's just me!
Me either.... but I thought she did a good job last night.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Apostolic Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Simon's nastiness has hit a new low and I just don't have time to watch him belittle people and now the other two are getting in on the act as well... it's old. I was tired of it last year... and the year before. This year, I'm not even bothering.
I have noticed that the other two have become nasty, especially Randy. Makes me wonder, 'What's up, dawg?' Wasn't it enough to have one jerk?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
I'm with you...I don't really care for her voice (still reminds me of Macy Gray). However, I have to give credit and say last night was probably the best I have ever heard her.
Yes, I agree...