Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Judged By A Bearded Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The two guys who don't attend church amen each other.

How sad.
I dont attend Church?
Old 07-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I dont attend Church?
EB believes that he has to "attend church", as in a programmed, institutionally sanctioned, religious service. Which reveals that he subconsciously doesn't equate himself, nor his family, with "being" the church, wherever they are.

He's on the outside looking in unless he's in that service. lol
Old 07-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dom said:

It is always so easy to judge situations concerning church family and its sisters and brothers. Especially when you are outside the walls of the camp.
Its true I am outside the walls of YOUR CAMP. I have no desire PERIOD to be in a "Church" that believes Jesus Christ came for the resurrection of the dead and the catching up of the saints in 70ad.

The Jehovah Witness are mocked for teaching Jesus came in 1914. Your "Church" has them beat by a mile. MANY MILES.

So all the talk about how hard your group is working means as much to me as when someone tells you about a "Charismatic" group that really has an outreach. Your doctrine is mentioned in scripture.

2 Timothy 2:16-18

Quote:
16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
I exhort you Dom to come out of the "Jesus came in 70ad" cult and find a good Apostolic New Testament Church!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

EB and Aquila, I am asking once again, Why do you two insist on hijacking every thread??
Old 07-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
EB believes that he has to "attend church", as in a programmed, institutionally sanctioned, religious service. Which reveals that he subconsciously doesn't equate himself, nor his family, with "being" the church, wherever they are.

He's on the outside looking in unless he's in that service. lol
I am attending a UPC Church on Thursday nights. I attend another UPC Church in Carlisle Pa by way of streaming video on Sunday morning.

I believe in a "Church" gathering. A home Church format is more Biblical but a New Testament Church is hard to find.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
EB and Aquila, I am asking once again, Why do you two insist on hijacking every thread??
Hey, at least we're still on topic.

For now. LOL

Last edited by Aquila; 07-24-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Saved & Shaved

Lol
Quote:
Old 07-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I dont attend Church?
This is where religious people talk stupid. Here is where they use a sort of ecclesiastical psychobabble to justify their claims, or sadly their actions. They don't attend church. The more broader populace of our country and planet may pick up a dictionary to see what that means. Attend, simply means to "be present" at anything. Church, on the other hand is defined as ἐκκλησία, literally the principal assembly of the democracy of ancient Athens. This is how the Hellenized Diaspora, and Judeans would of quickly understood the meaning. It was the first assembly which were citizens, and who were males. No matter what your status within the state you were able to be part of the ἐκκλησία. They were a voting group which made decisions on war, elections of officials, also those who were judges on Mars' Hill. They might of numbered into the thousands out of the total population of Athens. Yet, here might be the sad news for you stay at home solo as you go "Christians" the word ἐκκλησιαστήριον. It was the place where the ἐκκλησία assembled, or should I say attended? Titus 1:5 Paul tells Titus to ordain elders in every city where an ἐκκλησία was located. Paul and Barnabas in Syrian Antioch Acts 14:23. These people weren't staying at home having silent prayer with the kids, and coloring in Bible story coloring books. Staying at home and listening to a preacher's tape "ministry" or live streaming some cob webbed internet ministry. This first century Christians had church families complete with a working eldership church government. Men who were accountable to each other throughout their network in the ancient world. Church families who had elders who were not only accountable to each other, but answerable to their ἐκκλησία. Sitting on your can behind a screen isn't being IN Church. The word church comes from the Teutonic word for circle. Where they would gather in a circle group, with one lord (secular) in the middle. Still, you can't be part of a body, by just being a head. Paul said that the foot can't say to the hand I have no need of you. We are all to be fitly framed together, as a family, not a me, myself, and I. Where there is zero accountability.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 07-24-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Because we know it annoys you.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Hey, at least we're still on topic.

For now. LOL
Hey Joe go do some curls.

You should be working on those 19 inch pythons.