Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:55 AM
friendly to the sinners

Re: What gun would you hike with?

My family and I camp in the northern woods of Michigan. My brothers and I bring rifles, a Sig AR in 556 for me, a DPM panther in 556 for one and a scoped, bolt action, Ruger 243 "All American" for the other brother. We bring those for time on our range. All of us have pistols of various calibers. I bring a small frame Para 1911 "wart hog".[IMG][/IMG]
We are aware of bear in the area, plenty of sightings by locals and the last two camping seasons we have found evidence of them on our land. This past summer there was a bear attack in our area, at least one in our camp open carries all the time now and the kids are no longer allowed away from the camp site without an adult present. Coyotes and wolf hybrids are quite common and are seen often. Having read of coyote attacks on adult males, I may start to open carry a Ruger mark III 22/45 to ward off "Wiley" and plink a few of the ever-present game birds.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
My family and I camp in the northern woods of Michigan. My brothers and I bring wifels, a Sig AR in 556 for me, a DPM panther in 556 for one and a scoped, bolt action, Ruger 243 "All American" for the other brother.
Fixed it for ya.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-23-2013, 01:56 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Fixed it for ya.
ha ha, them too!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
My family and I camp in the northern woods of Michigan. My brothers and I bring rifles, a Sig AR in 556 for me, a DPM panther in 556 for one and a scoped, bolt action, Ruger 243 "All American" for the other brother. We bring those for time on our range. All of us have pistols of various calibers. I bring a small frame Para 1911 "wart hog".

We are aware of bear in the area, plenty of sightings by locals and the last two camping seasons we have found evidence of them on our land. This past summer there was a bear attack in our area, at least one in our camp open carries all the time now and the kids are no longer allowed away from the camp site without an adult present. Coyotes and wolf hybrids are quite common and are seen often. Having read of coyote attacks on adult males, I may start to open carry a Ruger mark III 22/45 to ward off "Wiley" and plink a few of the ever-present game birds.
How many rounds do/did you have with your current arsenal listed? In my day to day "carrying" I almost always have one spare mag in my pocket but when we hike I like to take two extra. They're 15 rounders but I usually keep 14 in them.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:49 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
How many rounds do/did you have with your current arsenal listed? In my day to day "carrying" I almost always have one spare mag in my pocket but when we hike I like to take two extra. They're 15 rounders but I usually keep 14 in them.
With the 1911, just 10 rounds. I know, not the best idea but I need to get a mag carrier for my belt. I plan to carry another mag when I start carrying every day. When shooting the AR at the range, I bring 4-30 round mags loaded ready to go in addition to a couple boxes in my range bag.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
With the 1911, just 10 rounds. I know, not the best idea but I need to get a mag carrier for my belt. I plan to carry another mag when I start carrying every day. When shooting the AR at the range, I bring 4-30 round mags loaded ready to go in addition to a couple boxes in my range bag.
For the longest time my carry gun was the Ruger LC9, but its mags only hold 7. I know statistically, that is enough ammo for 99% of actual shooting situations you would find yourself in, but there is something just nice about having TWICE that in the gun itself in addition to a spare mag in the pocket.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
For the longest time my carry gun was the Ruger LC9, but its mags only hold 7. I know statistically, that is enough ammo for 99% of actual shooting situations you would find yourself in, but there is something just nice about having TWICE that in the gun itself in addition to a spare mag in the pocket.
My brother has the Ruger LC9, very nice gun. Ive been listening to "Tom Greshims Gun Talk" every week and he's talked me into carrying extra mags and further gun training. Im sure the extra ammo has got to lend a sense of security. If you arent already listening to TG Gun Talk, he has a nationally syndicated radio shows that airs on Sundays. I catch it using their ap for smart phone. He also has a utube program called gun talktv. Really cool defensive shooting video and all kinds good training stuff, worth checking out.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Well, there ya go.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Just nuke it from orbit.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf