Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 04-23-2019, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Re: looking at difficult and uncomfortable positio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
When you have pastors who are officiating at second and third "marriage" adulterous "weddings", and then reap the tithes and offerings benefit, and various thanks and accolades, it is clearly a difficult thing for them to really look at the issues scripturally.

This does not disqualify them from the discussion, but is worthwhile to be noted.
First, I do not believe there is such a thing as a biblical "tithe" in the New Covenant.

Second, I do not believe all remarriages after divorce are adulterous.

Third, a pastor should not perform any wedding unless the couple goes through extensive counseling and the pastor has a peace from the Holy Spirit that the couple is ready for marriage.

I used to perform weddings for just about anyone who asked me, but I no longer do that.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Adultery vs Fornication

Pastors are not authorized by God to perform marriages anyway.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-23-2019, 05:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Pastors are not authorized by God to perform marriages anyway.
Which goes back to what I mentioned earlier about first marriages, so called, are sometimes not Biblical marriages to begin with.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The author of this thread would have us believe that all those abandoned wives that remarried,without having been given a bill of divorcement, in order to avoid a life of prostitution or starvation, are in Hell.

Thanks Esaias for injecting some rationale debate, but Peter has too much emotionally vested in this debate to be moved. He is quite comfortable where he is at.
Well, one can still discuss, rationally, the belief that "all poor ABCs are in hell because XYZ". The issue is what is the totality of information God has given us?

And, the whole "if X then hell, do not pass go do not collect $200" is largely a case of jumping to conclusions. We like to make things simple, and some things ARE simple, but not all things.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Which goes back to what I mentioned earlier about first marriages, so called, are sometimes not Biblical marriages to begin with.
If a first marriage is not biblical, then is it wrong to end it?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If a first so-called marriage is actually adultery, then it not a Godly covenant, and the best course is to end the sin of adultery.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
We should distinguish between "not Biblical" and "forbidden by the Bible". A union that is forbidden would seem to demand a dissolution.

On the other hand, it has long been maintained that in certain circumstances, a marriage that was forbidden is not to be dissolved. This was usually applied to situations when a Christian married a non Christian. Such a union is technically forbidden, but once consummated was generally considered a valid marriage. Or in other words, the ACT of marriage was sin, but the UNION established is a valid marriage and not to be violated. Otherwise, a married heathen who converted would be required by God to end their marriage to their heathen spouse.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The author of this thread would have us believe that all those abandoned wives that remarried,without having been given a bill of divorcement, in order to avoid a life of prostitution or starvation, are in Hell.

Thanks Esaias for injecting some rationale debate, but Peter has too much emotionally vested in this debate to be moved. He is quite comfortable where he is at.
The author of this post is very sad to say ,i am not happy for that..i have family members is this situation....But the Author of the Bible yes ,said exactly what you said:
" That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
-So the one who marrys the abandoned woman commits adultery
-The woman too commiots adultery
-And the man who abandons that woman is responsible for her adultery.
We dotn care our feelings , we care what really the Bible says.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
For whatever reason ( lost his legs in an accident, his hand was cut, he loosed his job, he was imprisoned, he put her away, he did , she stopped being in love,...what ever reason)

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
-If you find a suffering woman whom her husband abandon her for what ever reason and you marry her..you commit adultery.

(i am a man too brother. I have the same desires as you,, and I have been used to having a relationship in my life.
Believe me, I love women I always had one.is not comfortable for any man._

Last edited by peter83; 04-24-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post

(i am a man too brother. I have the same desires as you,, and I have been used to having a relationship in my life.
Believe me, I love women I always had one.
I had the opportunity to marry ..but i did not, because if i am not sure then if we divorce i can not marry for all my life...it is nοt easy for anyone.ι am not comfortable. i also gave up a girlfriend when i came to Christ and until now many opportunities to just peek one "Christian" woman and live life together ,until...? No! i dont choose to "easy way")
If you are willing to be single and unmarried, then why would you avoid marriage because you "might" get divorced and be unable to remarry? You "might" wind up in the same situation you are in now, or you might have a lasting marriage with no divorce. The worst that could happen is what is happening right now already (you being single until you die).

Old 04-24-2019, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you are willing to be single and unmarried, then why would you avoid marriage because you "might" get divorced and be unable to remarry? You "might" wind up in the same situation you are in now, or you might have a lasting marriage with no divorce. The worst that could happen is what is happening right now already (you being single until you die).
Ok not that i saw it i delete it
I did not explain it good. I said that because he said that i am comfortable and i wanted to say that i am not.
( the story is that if there was not any fear for divorce ,then with that logic i should now marry a girl that i like , and if she is not perfect or leaves me the get another..you understand what i mean? i dont say that i will not marry, i just say that if it was not the fear of divorce ,then i could just peek a nice girl from the church and if anything happens..divorce and remarry.just like i used to do in the world with "relationships" )